2017 Gaming Goals

General Chat

I am serious, and I am always open to suggestions. Here is my personal tabletop collection, to get an idea of what I like:

http://www.futiles.net/BGG/GameList....ername=futiles (Depending on how long it has been since the API was last loaded, it may come up blank, try a couple of refreshes)

@Kaens, I am sure not all of the games I end up playing will be ones y'all have not heard of. Also, some games will be "like Risk" - so, your wife isn't incorrect.
Originally Posted by futiles
Nice collection of games; most of the ones that I can think of off the top of my head are there (there are a couple that I've played with friends recently that I can't remember the name of). Two that I might suggest, which don't appear, are "The Great Dalmuti" and "Red Dragon Inn"
Nice collection of games; most of the ones that I can think of off the top of my head are there (there are a couple that I've played with friends recently that I can't remember the name of). Two that I might suggest, which don't appear, are "The Great Dalmuti" and "Red Dragon Inn"
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
There are a ton of games like Dalmuti, and we have played Red Dragon Inn at a few RPGKC Christmas Parties. It's a fun party game, just never been added to the collection.
There are a ton of games like Dalmuti, and we have played Red Dragon Inn at a few RPGKC Christmas Parties. It's a fun party game, just never been added to the collection.
My g/f's best friend introduced us to Fluxx (we played the space one) and I commented how it reminded me a little bit of Dalmuti. I was surprised to find that he hadn't heard of it, considering how many games that he and his husband have. Fluxx will definitely be getting added to my collection.
My g/f's best friend introduced us to Fluxx (we played the space one) and I commented how it reminded me a little bit of Dalmuti. I was surprised to find that he hadn't heard of it, considering how many games that he and his husband have. Fluxx will definitely be getting added to my collection.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
The only negative to Fluxx is its ability to go too long. It is a 15-30 minute game that can go for three hours. And that is a bad negative. But, the designer is super nice, and does a lot of conventions. His Pyramid Arcade is pretty sweet.
2017 goals (not ALL gaming since I'm a pretty casual gamer these days)

Badges - Least important gaming-related item for me, by far

Gamerscore - 400k. Should have happened in 2016 but my play has went from 20+ hours per week down to around 5-8. This generation has bored me to tears. I've mostly just been playing remade games from the last gen since they're still a blast (Borderlands, Skyrim, etc). Actually, re-playing Skyrim has definitely rekindled my love for gaming recently, so who knows...maybe I'll have a more game-y 2017?

Achievements - 20k

Completions - Maybe I'll hit 300 but it's not a priority for me in the least. Unless that completion gives me a red brick to drop on Fsh, I'm not all that interested Stick Out Tongue

Life in general - I'm just hoping 2017 is somewhat close to being as awesome as 2016 was. Instead of re-typing, I'll just copy/paste my New Years Facebook post...

Soooo, first day at work for 2017. I don't really make resolutions, I simply try to be a little better/happier each year. That's a tall order for 2017 because 2016 was one of the best years I've ever had.

My niece Morgan got her new lungs!!!

Patty and I made it out to Vegas several times (5 for me, 4 for her), including one trip where we were able to take the whole family and another where we won enough money to pay for our entire trip. We also managed one trip to Mexico Beach ...stopping by Crystal River to snorkel with manatees along the way. We bought the camp at Big Bear, which is a great weekend getaway that we'll definitely get a ton of use from.

My youngest daughter Bayley graduated from high school, my oldest daughter Briana got engaged, my son Jonathan got married and also got a promotion at work. Patty has went from "I'm scared to death and refuse to fly" to damn near frequent-flier status and I managed to work a few hours less while still making a few dollars more than the previous year. Oh, I almost forgot..after a 5 year hiatus I also started golfing again. And on top of all that, I managed to lose a good 25lb or so and keep it off. Good luck 2017, you've got some big shoes to fill.
2017 goals (not ALL gaming since I'm a pretty casual gamer these days)
Completions - Maybe I'll hit 300 but it's not a priority for me in the least. Unless that completion gives me a red brick to drop on Fsh, I'm not all that interested Stick Out Tongue
Originally Posted by SG Steelhead
Drop those on Kaens...
It's that time of year where we make resolutions, personally I plan and make some loose targets personally to keep me focused and motivate me. Last year I think I did okay (see 2016 thread) and now it's time to try and set the bar for 2017.

Gamerscore -
  • 700,000 by Dec 31st (75k for the year)
  • Finish ahead and hold off Fshguy all year

TrueAchievements Leaderboards - Not a fan of TA, but hell, more motivation is always good. Overall I need to pick some categories I'm falling way behind in to increase my percentile.
  • Finish 2017 ahead of Fshguy (currently ~2k behind)
  • Get back to top 100 Worldwide Gamerscore (currently 111th)
  • Top 25 in USA Gamerscore (currently 39th)
  • Top 25 worldwide in Stealth (currently 92nd) - achieved March 31st
  • Top 1,000 worldwide in Survival Horror (currently 5,119) - achieved February 14th
  • Top 5,000 worldwide in First Person Shooter (currently 10,616) - achieved July 12th
  • Top 10,000 worldwide in Sandbox (currently 20,271) - achieved March 31st

Social - I'd still like to get to AF, but honestly this is going to be right when I'm moving into my new house so it's unlikely (as ever)
Originally Posted by Kaens
Did you know you're like 3865th in Stealth now???
4,107 in Survivor/Horror???

I'm afraid the ghost of 360voice has come to take back your achievements...
My goals are tough:

Play what I want to play COMPLETE!
  • ALWAYS!

Enjoy my gaming time COMPLETE!
  • ALWAYS!

Raise $1500+ for Extra Life COMPLETE!
  • Currently at $6805 raised

Attend 6 gaming related conventions/festivals COMPLETE!
  • PAX South - January 2017 DONE
  • Extra Life United Tournament - March 2017 DONE
  • Chits and Bits Extra Life Marathon - April 2017 DONE
  • CMON Expo - May 2017 DONE
  • BGGSpring - May 2017 DONE
  • Achievement Fest - July 2017 DONE
  • GenCon - Aug 2017 DONE
  • BGGCON - November 2017 PENDING
  • Extra Life gaming marathon - November 2017 PENDING

100 unique tabletop games COMPLETE!
  • 123 Unique Game Titles played So Far

100 new to me tabletop games (obviously, this one accomplishes the first one, if completed) 86% Complete...
  • 86 New-to-me Games So Far

10 games 10 times each (a 10x10 challenge) 87% Complete...
  • 7 games at 10+ times played each, many more close.
  • 2 games at 6 plays
  • 3 games at 5 plays

17 games 17 times each (a 17x17 challenge) 42% Complete... This one needs work.
  • ZERO games at 17 times played each, but, very close on a few.
  • 2 games at 12 plays
  • 2 games at 11 plays
  • 3 games at 10 plays
  • 2 games at 6 plays
  • 3 games at 5 plays
  • 8 games at 4 plays

Updates on my gaming goals in the reply above.
Last edited 08-23-2017 at 10:56 PM by futiles.
Updates on my gaming goals in the reply above.
You are almost done! (just need to focus on your 17*17
You are almost done! (just need to focus on your 17*17
Yeah, I played a little more this week, and I am at 87% on new games, 90% on the 10x10, and 44% on the 17x17.

Eventually, I am going to have to just focus on the 17x17 and "make" it happen. Everything else this year has been fairly organic. The games just get to the table, and get played, without forcing anything.
I'm not going to pick and past all the badges I'm going to try for but I'm hopefully going to go for most of the DLC type badges and achievement related ones.. as for completions.. Maybe Angelic.. since I'm close to that one anyway and but lets get real, I don't really complete games..Oh and some gamerscore badges.. yea.. 15k in a week is going to be hard, but I'm formulating a plan.. a very loose plan, but its' a plan. Kaens said he's help me with it but never did...lol..
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
I have also started a year long bean dive a few post downs from the original one I quoted above. To this I will give a quick update here on what I Have achieved so far this year.

15K in one week.. COMPLETE! (Thank you Keans for your help on the list)

As for my game a day, yes I'm still going strong at 232 down 127 days to go...(but officially it will be a few more days since I started a a little late, but I have actually already made up for those days)
Okay, here is my 2017 final results. Not very good.

Badges - GamertagNation These are the badges I intend to get this year, hopefully never letting Fshguy have the lead for more than a few hours.
  • Angelic- FAIL
  • Big Daddy- FAIL
  • Dead and Deader - achieved Jan 24th
  • DLC Completionist V - achieved Jan 19th
  • Down Wit' DLC IV- FAIL
  • Efficient Gamer II (+6% completion rate)- FAIL
  • Enlisted - achieved Jan 9th
  • Expert Solutionist II - achieved Jan 25th
  • Goat King - achieved Jan 14th
  • Holy Hand Grenade - achieved Jan 12th
  • I'm GLaDOS You Came - achieved Jan 17th
  • Kobayashi Maru- FAIL
  • Not Dead Yet- FAIL
  • Paragonegade- FAIL
  • Phoenix Down - achieved Sept 11th
  • Popular Leaderboard II - achieved January 25th
  • Solutionist IV - achieved March 15th
  • Spaced Out - achieved Jan 17th
  • They See Me Rollin' (specifically with Neverwinter) - achieved April 30th (not with NW though)
  • Umbrella Executive- FAIL

Gamerscore -
  • 700,000 by Dec 31st (75k for the year) - achieved November 7th
  • Finish ahead and hold off Fshguy all year- FAIL I finished 1400 or so behind him.

TrueAchievements Leaderboards - Not a fan of TA, but hell, more motivation is always good. Overall I need to pick some categories I'm falling way behind in to increase my percentile.
  • Finish 2017 ahead of Fshguy (currently ~2k behind)- EPIC FAIL I finished 40k behind him!
  • Get back to top 100 Worldwide Gamerscore (currently 111th)- FAILwent the wrong way and finished 128th
  • Top 25 in USA Gamerscore (currently 39th)- FAILBasically ended where i started - 40th
  • Top 25 worldwide in Stealth (currently 92nd) - achieved March 31st
  • Top 1,000 worldwide in Survival Horror (currently 5,119) - achieved February 14th
  • Top 5,000 worldwide in First Person Shooter (currently 10,616) - achieved July 12th
  • Top 10,000 worldwide in Sandbox (currently 20,271) - achieved March 31st

Miscellaneous -
  • 500 lifetime completions (69 new)- FAIL I finished with 496 so almost finished this one, just couldn't bring myself to care.
  • Accomplish as much of the above without buying any new games. I have 300-400 games in my backlog that have never even made it to my tag so I want to work on not just old games, but games I've purchased. So no game that were released in 2017 should be played (although I did preorder the Halo Wars so I have that already). I will still buy expansions like to finish up my Telltale stories, but since I'm buying a house this year I want to be a little more responsible with my money. - FAIL Gave up on this, definitely bought a bunch of games during the sales.
  • 3000 IL in Neverwinter (currently 2700) - achieved Jan 1st
  • 3500 IL in Neverwinter - achieved June 20th
  • 4000 IL in Neverwinter - achieved June 20th
  • Complete all campaigns in Neverwinter (probably should have made NW it's own category)

Social - I'd still like to get to AF, but honestly this is going to be right when I'm moving into my new house so it's unlikely (as ever) FAIL
Okay, here is my 2017 final results. Not very good.
[*]Kobayashi Maru- FAIL

Social - I'd still like to get to AF, but honestly this is going to be right when I'm moving into my new house so it's unlikely (as ever) FAIL
TBH, Star Trek Legacy would be a good game to focus on to start 2018 off with to get that Kobe badge.

As for AF, there is always next year. But, haven't you sent something along in your stead? I feel like you were there in spirit.
TBH, Star Trek Legacy would be a good game to focus on to start 2018 off with to get that Kobe badge.

As for AF, there is always next year. But, haven't you sent something along in your stead? I feel like you were there in spirit.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Yup, I've got it. Owned it here for ages, just never got motivated enough to play it. Basically the story of my entire 2017. I honestly only played hard for a week and that was for pTart's birthday bash.
File Type: png
I ended up not making a lot of the goals in my first post (I tried to make a lot for every system I had, which was way too ambitious), but I passed these two, which were the main two I wanted to work on:
Earn 100,000G on Xbox during 2017
Try to reach and maintain 80% completion on XBL

Also got a lot of backlog stuff done, but I still have a long way to go on that too.
I have a few goals id like to meet this gaming year.

150k gamerscore
Reach top 3 in Australia for gamerscore
Top 10 for site badges
Finally win my third straight GTASC

Not sure how many of those ill manage but should be interesting to reflect back in 12 months time.
Originally Posted by Mephisto4thewin
So reflection time;

I did 202k gamerscore so I met that goal. I am also now third in Australia for gamerscore so hit that goal as well. I didnt hit top 10 for badges Frown

Also with GTASC we finished 5th after having a team mate commit suicide through the year. Was a tough year in that sense and with everything we went through I am more than happy with 5th.
So reflection time;

I did 202k gamerscore so I met that goal. I am also now third in Australia for gamerscore so hit that goal as well. I didnt hit top 10 for badges Frown

Also with GTASC we finished 5th after having a team mate commit suicide through the year. Was a tough year in that sense and with everything we went through I am more than happy with 5th.
Originally Posted by Mephisto4thewin
I lost a friend to suicide, that sucks. It's been years and I still think of him often.
I failed most of my goals, as I was not much motivated to play many games. I mustered only 4K for the entire year in gamerscore. That says it all, along with to much Neverwinter.
I failed most of my goals, as I was not much motivated to play many games. I mustered only 4K for the entire year in gamerscore. That says it all, along with to much Neverwinter.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Oh Neverwinter! That game ate so much of my time up. I think it might be my most played Xbox One game.
It's that time of year where we make resolutions, personally I plan and make some loose targets personally to keep me focused and motivate me. Last year I think I did okay (see 2016 thread) and now it's time to try and set the bar for 2017.

Badges - GamertagNation These are the badges I intend to get this year, hopefully never letting Fshguy have the lead for more than a few hours. FAIL

Gamerscore -
  • Finish ahead and hold off Fshguy all year- FAIL

• Finish 2017 ahead of Fshguy (currently ~2k behind) FAIL
  • Get back to top 100 Worldwide Gamerscore (currently 111th) FAIL
  • Top 25 in USA Gamerscore (currently 39th) FAIL

Miscellaneous -[list]

Social - I'd still like to get to AF, but honestly this is going to be right when I'm moving into my new house so it's unlikely (as ever) FAILFAILFAILFAILFAILFAIL
Had to fix a couple for you...

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account