Flash Mob Monday (50) / March 14th

General Chat

How badly do you want that Flash Mob Badge?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 25 (58.14%) I am in all the way, You can count on me!

× 14 (32.56%) I'll try and help out when I can

× 4 (9.30%) Eh, just here to add another poll to my tally

• Added 03-02-2016 10:04 PM
  • 43 votes
So I have been thinking of a way to get this badge for the community and came up with this idea. I'm calling it Flash Mob Monday, easy to remember and I'm going to pick March 14th as the day.

We as a community log on at all times of the day. I' don't have access to any stats to see when is the peak time for users so I thought a 12 hour window would work best to try and get as many people involved from all over the globe. Most everyone has a smart phone or access to a computer during the day. Starting at 12:00 PM EST all you need to do is log into GTN for a few minutes at the top of the hour for the next 12 hours, as much as you can. Set an hourly alarm to remind you.

At the very least it would be cool if we can get the Flash Mob badge for 50 people. The idea is simple and if enough members log in between 12:00 PM EST and 12:00 AM EST, it should cover a large amount of the community.

If you missed it and are reading this after March 14th, then you should post your interest in this thread and we can set up another Flash Mob Monday as I am sure getting to 100 & 250 will be more challenging.
Last edited 03-02-2016 at 10:05 PM by MarvzMitts.
Thank you been thinking of posting something like this too good looking out Marv you can count on me being on Mar 14th.
Thank you been thinking of posting something like this too good looking out Marv you can count on me being on Mar 14th.
Originally Posted by Homeless Messia
The poll will be a good indicator of the participation.
http://www.gamertagnation.com/genera...m-eastern.html

So you can see how well it has worked in the past... (Or rather, hasn't)
Originally Posted by futiles
I'm willing to give it a go until it finally happens.
I am interested and willing to participate, I hope we can get more than 26 like the only record attempt lol.
Don't forget, your session appears to basically time out after 15 minutes, so, each person would need to manually load/reload/refresh/whatever at the hour together, or within 15 minutes of each other (15 minute total gap, from first member to last member) to accomplish this.
http://www.gamertagnation.com/genera...m-eastern.html

So you can see how well it has worked in the past... (Or rather, hasn't)
Originally Posted by futiles
Ahh the memories. Standing in the neutral. Watching that photographer get wrecked three times before giving up. Laughing at how we barely broke double digits with active users.

Good times.
you can also have an extension put on your browser that will automatically reload the selected pages after so many minutes. If you have that on your browser, you can leave it up and running and it will automatically leave you logged in and refresh the page to show the activity updates..
A small part of the problem are those people that don't click on "remember me", I don't think they stick around in the session as long.
I am interested and willing to participate, I hope we can get more than 26 like the only record attempt lol.
Originally Posted by Lord Kirken Morder
I'm around all the time, so count me in. Funny, as of this posting the numbers of total people willing to commit are 26.
As long as the auto refresh is running, it will not log you out. I have my refresh set on every 15 minutes. It has not logged me out as of yet.
I'm around all the time, so count me in. Funny, as of this posting the numbers of total people willing to commit are 26.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
26 willing participants that have seen the thread. We might be able to scrape up another 10ish from random members signing in. That is the usual number of people I see logged on when I check. It wouldn't hurt to let people you know with accounts here that this is happening.
I'm down to help out on getting this badge. Maybe we can get it this time.
Wish this would pop up on everyone's homepage in big bold print as a community event
Wish this would pop up on everyone's homepage in big bold print as a community event
Originally Posted by SpectreSubZero
Who uses their homepage here? I go to that maybe once every three months. I really have no need to know what I did, I mean, I did it, so, I kind of remember it already. Now, if it was a feed of what my friends had done, and were doing, and planned to do, well, that would be interesting.
Originally Posted by SpectreSubZero
Some sort of community events section sounds like a great idea.
So, who's here? Maybe if we all check in on this thread every time we log in, we would have a good time stamp for this, also loving the community event and notifications ideas here.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account