Greetings, programs!

Introductions

Found 28 posts - Go to Last Post

Hi. I just signed-up... less than a day ago. I found this site quite by accident, while looking for solutions to an achievement ("For All Insectkind!" in "Atari Flashback Classics Vol. 1" on Xbox One). I found the "badges" earned on this site to be fun and interesting, so I signed-up.

There's another Xbox-related site out there (I won't mention the name), that has awards for stuff you do on their site... and honestly, they're pretty lame awards. I could say some more stuff about them that's not too kind, but I'll just leave that alone for now.

I don't usually even bother with introducing myself on these sites... mostly, because I join an Xbox-related site for info on unlocking achievements, or for other gamers (programs! - yes, I like "Tron") to play with. I didn't notice one, but it would be a great idea for the first message sent to a new user to also have a link AND a strong recommendation to introduce one's self here. I haven't fully explored the site yet, but I'll be sure to have a good look around.

I keep 99% of my games, so if someone needs help completing a game I've played that has co-op or multiplayer, just ask. This includes Xbox 360 games! I live in the Pacific Time zone, and I generally play late at night (10PM to 1AM).

Feel free to friend/follow me on Xbox One, but don't do it "just" because you think I have a cool gamertag or you're a Star Wars (or Tron) fan. My friends are either people I've known since the original Halo 2 days, or I actually play games with them. If I have/play games you play, and any of the before reasons also apply... that's fine. I will play older games (specifically, Xbox 360 games) at the drop of a hat - not just for achievements, either. If someone wants to do some co-op Terrorist Hunt in "Rainbow Six Vegas (1 or 2)" for example... I'm in (I do still need a lot of MP achievements in the 2nd game, though)!

Anyway, that's about it. I'm glad to be here and look forward to earning some more badges! Smile
Welcome, Darth. I gotta say, I love Tron myself, though I'm a bigger Zelda fan LOL
Welcome young Skywalker. I've been expecting you.
Hello there! Welcome to GTN! Big Grin The badge feature on the site is extremely awesome! I just signed up last month and got really into earning badges already; trying to go for them is definitely a lot of fun! The community here is very friendly too. I hope you enjoy the site! Smile
Ahh, Love to hear from new members, especially those that have love for Star Wars and or Tron! I hope you find your stay great and I hope to see you around the forums, as mention above we have a great community who loves to help out, so please if you have questions, comments or concerns, please jump right in and tell/ask us. If you don't want to do that then PM any staff member were here to help! You you seem pretty awesome already! I too own all my games, my signature says it all and I love to help people out too. Ok then have fun and we look forward to hearing from you! Welcome to the Nation!
Welcome. good luck on badges.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Sounds like a challenge to me....see already making friends! Smile
Welcome young Skywalker. I've been expecting you.
Originally Posted by Dvader83
Yeah... not even remotely funny, since it seems you've been saving that for anyone connected to Star Wars. I'm a Sith Lord, not a Jedi - and I punish EVERYONE in death - both Jedi AND Sith! Wink
Welcome. good luck on badges.

And if you happen to be an older person like me, join my 40+ Club leaderboard!
Well... I'm mostly interested in the badges that actually require some skill or effort on MY part, not having 10, 100 or 1000 friends and such (including but not limited to how many posts I make - I hope that isn't another one, as that's a little trivial, too)!

Let me know if there's a 50+ club, and I'll think about it! Wink

I read your gamer spotlight. Very nice. I have a large collection of games, too. I'm not into collecting ALL games, as that's a waste of money - especially if I don't (or won't) play them again. If I was just going for gamerscore, I'd play & sell (or rent) the games that don't rate a replay (which is more than half of the ones made, to be honest). I'd start selling the ones of value you have finished and won't play again, and recoup some storage space! The ones that aren't worth as much... I'd donate. I love every game I own... not just because I love owning it (and I do replay my games)!! I hope you're not THAT hung-up on owning every game... just for the sake of seeing it on the shelf (there's even people who create and print gamebox art to put into an empty gamecase for their arcade games, and put that on a shelf - now THAT is obsessive)! I'm hoping "Luxor 2" will go on sale, so I can get rid of that 5-arcade bundle on disc, as I already own the others digitally (the games ONLY run from the disc, so I don't like putting hours of wear on the optical drive. Yes, the disc installs to the HD, but ONLY the menu runs off the HD. Select a game, and the disc starts flying, since there's no boot-tracking).
Yeah... not even remotely funny, since it seems you've been saving that for anyone connected to Star Wars. I'm a Sith Lord, not a Jedi - and I punish EVERYONE in death - both Jedi AND Sith! Wink
Originally Posted by Darth Pinhead

Thank you for saying that. I was about to tell him did you even look at his avatar.

Welcome to the site and start working on those badges.
Well... I'm mostly interested in the badges that actually require some skill or effort on MY part, not having 10, 100 or 1000 friends and such (including but not limited to how many posts I make - I hope that isn't another one, as that's a little trivial, too)!
Hey I was genuinely being nice and wishing you luck on badges, obviously I think they are fun to collect. No point is punching down at the new guy from the top spot, that's tasteless.

Hey all I'm saying is everyone in the 50+ club should be in the 40+ club! Create a 50+ club and I'll join it in 6 years Wink

I read your gamer spotlight. Very nice. I have a large collection of games, too. I'm not into collecting ALL games, as that's a waste of money - especially if I don't (or won't) play them again. If I was just going for gamerscore, I'd play & sell (or rent) the games that don't rate a replay (which is more than half of the ones made, to be honest). I'd start selling the ones of value you have finished and won't play again, and recoup some storage space! The ones that aren't worth as much... I'd donate. I love every game I own... not just because I love owning it (and I do replay my games)!! I hope you're not THAT hung-up on owning every game... just for the sake of seeing it on the shelf (there's even people who create and print gamebox art to put into an empty gamecase for their arcade games, and put that on a shelf - now THAT is obsessive)! I'm hoping "Luxor 2" will go on sale, so I can get rid of that 5-arcade bundle on disc, as I already own the others digitally (the games ONLY run from the disc, so I don't like putting hours of wear on the optical drive. Yes, the disc installs to the HD, but ONLY the menu runs off the HD. Select a game, and the disc starts flying, since there's no boot-tracking).
I just reread my spotlight so I would know what you were talking about (it's been awhile), and I do collect too many games for sure. I'm going to be building a house this year where I will finally be able to have my own man cave area again. I think it's mostly tasteful, and I do have about 1600 physical games. This generation though, I'm 100% digital (now that it's an option) and as a result I would say my collection has a finite amount it will grow. I would never print out game art for a cover for an arcade game, I am a snob and I don't even like loose games. All my games are in original cases with original manuals/inserts. I love laying in bed and seeing that I have 600+ games in my library without having to change a disk.

Of course, then I just sign into Neverwinter and don't play them, but that's a different story entirely!

Well your certainly sound like the greater half of this community, while I fall somewhere closer to the lesser half. As for boxing my arcade games....well now sir you have just given me an idea....and I'm not sure if I like you for that.....lol..
Hey I was genuinely being nice and wishing you luck on badges, obviously I think they are fun to collect. No point is punching down at the new guy from the top spot, that's tasteless.

<SNIP>
Hey, I'm sorry... I didn't mean it that way to YOU (more to myself), it's just some of these badges are pointless and should be "removed" (along with the points), not just retired. The badge for creating a leaderboard is pointless, and simply creates clutter. Have you seen how many leaderboards with just a party of one there are? Pointless. Leaderboards should only be created by staff members (with no badges for doing so), so there aren't pointless leaderboards created "just" for the sole purpose of getting a badge! Members can request a certain type of leaderboard, and if a staff member feels it is valid and would be utilized, then they can create it.

BTW... I am almost exclusively "digital-only" when it comes to Xbox One games. Having multiple Xbox One consoles in my house (I won't say how many... and I certainly don't think it earns a badge Wink )... it's nice to be able to log into any console in the house and not need to "fetch the disc" to play a game! I can literally hold my entire library of Xbox One (disc-based) games in one hand (I think I own over 90 games for Xbox One).
Last edited 01-05-2017 at 03:45 AM by Darth Pinhead.
Hey, I'm sorry... I didn't mean it that way to YOU (more to myself), it's just some of these badges are pointless and should be "removed" (along with the points), not just retired. The badge for creating a leaderboard is pointless, and simply creates clutter. Have you seen how many leaderboards with just a party of one there are? Pointless. Leaderboards should only be created by staff members (with no badges for doing so), so there aren't pointless leaderboards created "just" for the sole purpose of getting a badge! Members can request a certain type of leaderboard, and if a staff member feels it is valid and would be utilized, then they can create it.

BTW... I am almost exclusively "digital-only" when it comes to Xbox One games. Having multiple Xbox One consoles in my house (I won't say how many... and I certainly don't think it earns a badge Wink )... it's nice to be able to log into any console in the house and not need to "fetch the disc" to play a game! I can literally hold my entire library of Xbox One (disc-based) games in one hand (I think I own over 90 games for Xbox One now).
I'm going to give you a badge for saying "your sorry"... Smile

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account