2018 Gaming Goals

General Chat

Been making progress on my painting goals. I am trying to get this complete by Oct 13, and have been spamming Kaens and Fshguy with progress pics.

Originally Posted by futiles
At this point, I need to do decals, left kneepads, and the stationary cannon.

This is such a sad thread... At least you made it to level 40...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Hey I've done a lot more than that, just haven't posted everything. Sheesh
Hit a snag trying to work on my 360 retail backlog: The Harry Potter OotP disc has some issues, so I have to hope I can install it to be able to play. So, now I have moved on to my 2019 Gaming Goals: clear my 360 HDD backlog.

Starting with Fable Heroes. At the point where I have to grind out gold medals on each of the maps.

Was looking through the games installed on the HDD, and there are a few that have some MP stuff to them, not too bad for a few, could be way worse on the others. So, if anyone has any interest in boosting out the following games, let me know:

Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel (complete a mission with a human player)
Battlestations Pacific (looks like a bunch of 2-player MP boosting, not too crazy, can't seem to find time commitment)
F12013 (has this whole co-op season with a pile of achievements)
MX vs. ATV Alive (looks like about 5-6 hours of 2 person boosting)

This is just the list of 360 titles that were GWG before BC was required. If anyone wants to work on some GWG offerings that were BC, post up a list. I should have most of them to work on. Like, I'm looking for a partner to do Splinter Cell: Conviction.
Hit a snag trying to work on my 360 retail backlog: The Harry Potter OotP disc has some issues, so I have to hope I can install it to be able to play. So, now I have moved on to my 2019 Gaming Goals: clear my 360 HDD backlog.

Starting with Fable Heroes. At the point where I have to grind out gold medals on each of the maps.

Was looking through the games installed on the HDD, and there are a few that have some MP stuff to them, not too bad for a few, could be way worse on the others. So, if anyone has any interest in boosting out the following games, let me know:

Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel (complete a mission with a human player)
Battlestations Pacific (looks like a bunch of 2-player MP boosting, not too crazy, can't seem to find time commitment)
F12013 (has this whole co-op season with a pile of achievements)
MX vs. ATV Alive (looks like about 5-6 hours of 2 person boosting)

This is just the list of 360 titles that were GWG before BC was required. If anyone wants to work on some GWG offerings that were BC, post up a list. I should have most of them to work on. Like, I'm looking for a partner to do Splinter Cell: Conviction.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Saturday, Sunday, and Monday nights have the most potential for Splinter Cell for me. It has been a while since I played, but, I bet I could remember a lot of it.

Also, is Army of Two still online? I thought all of them had gone through server shutdowns, but, I could be wrong there.
Saturday, Sunday, and Monday nights have the most potential for Splinter Cell for me. It has been a while since I played, but, I bet I could remember a lot of it.

Also, is Army of Two still online? I thought all of them had gone through server shutdowns, but, I could be wrong there.
Originally Posted by futiles
There is nothing on TA about the servers for that one going offline. The first title, Army of Two, had their servers shuttered.

Also, it's not listed on the EA Online Server Memorial:
https://www.ea.com/service-updates/a-h
The Sons of Muad'Dib competed in my local store's Armies on Parade celebration, and while they did not win any awards, I am excited to have a fully painted army for use.

Third Place Winner:

Second Place Winner:

First Place Winner:
I still don't like 3rd place, but does look like they put some time into the environment too. I guess I just hate the vehicles.
Well, it is a customer vote, so, whoever came into the store got to vote. It is an impressive model. And he made the board. I got some better pictures of it, especially the detail on the eyes. But, when it all comes down to it, it is what people in the store liked.

Although, I appreciate the support! I am super excited to have a fully painted army (which is not as common of a thing as you might think in the hobby). Most people have a tabletop quality army, or just a few units painted. But, I literally have the entire 5th company painted.

Also, "Dem Eyes!"

You can see the gallery of photos I took here:
http://futiles.net/Armies_On_Parade/
I still don't like 3rd place, but does look like they put some time into the environment too. I guess I just hate the vehicles.
Originally Posted by Kaens
He and I are actually self created successor chapters to the same parent chapter. So, his vehicles are unique to our faction. I have been eyeing some of them, and they are not very common, so, it is impressive to see a large group of them together. He also did a TON of customization, which isn't exactly obvious, which is what made it impressive, especially to the people there, who were familiar with everything. (I voted for his as my 2nd place vote...)
First place, oh man, skin is my worst thing. I struggle with flesh so much...

Oh yeah, way more detail in there that you don't get from the far away shot. That is impressive.
Goals:
15K+ in a week
100k in a year (or as close as I can)
300 badges (I can cross this of my list today)
Originally Posted by Homeless Messia
So i hit 204,192 Gamerscore with 144 completions in 2018, a far better year than i could have ever predicted.
I have some pretty ambitious goals since I have not put down some serious points since 2014.

-Hit 300k gamerscore (increase of about 70k) Hit 300k at Achievement Fest... seemed fittingSmile
-Hit 400 completions (currently at 301) Hit this in December!
-Hit 95% completion rate (currently at 94.1%) Done... and now have a new goal of 96%
-Make it on the spreadsheet (top 20) for the Epic Challenge Done as well... I'm confident I will remain on the spreadsheet the rest of the challenge
-Overtake danspfx in gamerscore Done... and now have a new goal set to overtake his TA score

Mr pTart and I signed up for the GTASC so that should motivate us to lay down some serious points Smile
Originally Posted by pTartTX
I think this is the first year I have actually hit all my goals!!! I had an amazing year! Big Grin
Maybe I should set more tangible goals for next year.
I think this is the first year I have actually hit all my goals!!! I had an amazing year! Big Grin
Originally Posted by pTartTX
Congrats! That's awesome.

Maybe I should set more tangible goals for next year.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
This is more how mine went. I was burned out and didn't really console game this year. I wanted to lower my goals to just play some popular games that were not for points, but I actually had by far my worst year ever and only scored 11,060 points, over 10k of that was at AF. So yeah, I made it to AF which was a positive thing!

I did get into Gems of War for the past few months, like REALLY into it. And I had a really good year on my phone games, nothing for achievements but I hit those goals as well.

Finally, Fshguy killed me this year too! Without really having to try, he kinda won by default so I intend to make this year much harder for him.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account