Porsche's Movie Reviews Ep. 3 - "X-Men: Days of Future Past"

Entertainment

Found 25 posts - Go to Last Post

So which is superior? Or are they equally good in individual respects? Like pizza, sometimes I like Pizza Hut, and sometimes I like Dominos. I think enjoying both instead of harping on differences is superior. Focusing energy on "they should have done it this way" is out of your control, unless you come up with $200 million and shoot it yourself.
There are HUGE differences. Basically, the idea is the same, but the method and delivery is different.

Dominoes and Pizza Hut and Papa Johns are all pizza...
Originally Posted by futiles
WOW! Now that is a comparison...
So which is superior? Or are they equally good in individual respects? Like pizza, sometimes I like Pizza Hut, and sometimes I like Dominos. I think enjoying both instead of harping on differences is superior. Focusing energy on "they should have done it this way" is out of your control, unless you come up with $200 million and shoot it yourself.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
This has always been my philosophy. I like The Walking Dead comics. I like The Walking Dead TV show.
Honestly, 300 is the most "true to the source material" of any comic-to-film translation I have seen.

I watched it once, it was neat.

I tried to watch it again, and was bored to death. I had already enjoyed the story so many times in print, there was nothing to see in the film. Seeing it one time had let me experience it fully.

But, I have read The Walking Dead (Issue 1 - Current) either 3 or 4 times. I have watched each season 3 or 4 times, because they are similar but different experiences.
Both of those examples are spot-on, and beloved by yours truly, to the excess of having both printed items on my nightstand as well as DVDs of both filmworks. If we're going to bring up Frank Miller, then the debacle that is Sin City must be discussed. Hell, lets talk about Scott Pilgrim too! As visually similar both Sin City and 300 were to the source, in my opinion, only 300 kept it genuine enough. Yes, both feature the iconic scenes from print, but 300 is almost shot for frame perfect. Zack Snyder then amazed me with the critically diminished Sucker Punch - one of the best movies hated by many. It's too cerebral for the common moviegoer.

Scott Pilgrim should have been an HBO miniseries.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account