Fear The Walking Dead (Discussion with SPOILERS)

Entertainment

So we disagree on the trash. I agree the outbreak, especially at the hospital, is going to be difficult to maintain. The plane making that sharp turn must have meant something, but I told my wife (because we live next to an airport) that it was just the plane making it's turn for approach. I guess it was too sharp to have been that, but it went with my "things have the semblance of normal again" feeling. I took it as it's trash night and everyone was back to normal.

I guess we'll find out next week, but I feel like they are going to milk the unknown thing for probably at least the entire first season. So I believe next week will be back to things are opening, planes are coming and going, and there is a big government coverup to protect the people from freaking out. Our crew knows first hand its' bs, but they will have in fighting because the main dad is going to be on the deniers side (like he was with the asian neighbor).
Originally Posted by Kaens
Shit is going south. Putting the trash at the road was him moving the bloody rug away from the house and showing his inability to cope so far, and to show the neighbor is clueless as to the happenings. Travis is basically this show's Herschel. He does not like guns, feels they are sick, unwilling to put them down, hopes for a cure and salvation. Which, honestly, there would be tons of these people around.
So we disagree on the trash. I agree the outbreak, especially at the hospital, is going to be difficult to maintain. The plane making that sharp turn must have meant something, but I told my wife (because we live next to an airport) that it was just the plane making it's turn for approach. I guess it was too sharp to have been that, but it went with my "things have the semblance of normal again" feeling. I took it as it's trash night and everyone was back to normal.

I guess we'll find out next week, but I feel like they are going to milk the unknown thing for probably at least the entire first season. So I believe next week will be back to things are opening, planes are coming and going, and there is a big government coverup to protect the people from freaking out. Our crew knows first hand its' bs, but they will have in fighting because the main dad is going to be on the deniers side (like he was with the asian neighbor).
Semblance, that's a great word for it. I agree and they should draw it out at least in the first season if not longer. Otherwise the show is exactly the same as TWD. Also a good point with the dad, as he wants and is hoping things will get back to normal. He did stop Madison from taking a hammer to the Asian neighbor. At the same time he did bury a guy in his back yard, so what is going through his head if he thinks the undead can be brought back. Does everyone go back to work? Do they reopen the schools if they think they have a handle on what's happening. I can't wait for the next episode. It's all very interesting and the show is developing nicely.

As for the plane I think if you take away the sound effects it might look a little normal, but the engines seemed to be making sounds as if the plane was in distress. Enough so that it stops Nick from breaking into the neighbor's house and he is fixating on the plane in the sky. He has become the most acute to the developing situation. Would be cool to see the aftermath of a plane crash or the crash itself. Do they have the budget for it?

Was also thinking today that we are three episodes in and 3 of the main characters have each killed a walker (Nick, Madison, & Daniel).
Shit is going south. Putting the trash at the road was him moving the bloody rug away from the house and showing his inability to cope so far, and to show the neighbor is clueless as to the happenings. Travis is basically this show's Herschel. He does not like guns, feels they are sick, unwilling to put them down, hopes for a cure and salvation. Which, honestly, there would be tons of these people around.
Originally Posted by futiles
My thoughts as well, a Herschel without a barn and a Bible.

As for the plane I think if you take away the sound effects it might look a little normal, but the engines seemed to be making sounds as if the plane was in distress. Enough so that it stops Nick from breaking into the neighbor's house and he is fixating on the plane in the sky. He has become the most acute to the developing situation. Would be cool to see the aftermath of a plane crash or the crash itself. Do they have the budget for it?

Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
I think that plane was supposed to be a tie into the Webisode they had on the second week, that happened on a plane. I'm sure will find out more about that later if this is the case.
I think that plane was supposed to be a tie into the Webisode they had on the second week, that happened on a plane. I'm sure will find out more about that later if this is the case.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Oh?! I'm going to have to check that out then.
I'm a little disappointed that they skipped to day nine already. It was still a very good episode.
I'm a little disappointed that they skipped to day nine already. It was still a very good episode.
You wanted 8 days of sitting around doing nothing?
You wanted 8 days of sitting around doing nothing?
Good point, I just wanted to see more of the city and people's reaction to what is happening and not the sudden jump. Even an episode where they build the barrier as they try and protect to people. I don't dislike where it's going, these episodes need to be 2 hours long.
I've kept this thread unread all week long (killing me inside) but I finally gave up. My wife hasn't wanted to watch it all week so I'm still a week behind. And with her going out of town this weekend, I'm not going to catch up and be behind.
I've kept this thread unread all week long (killing me inside) but I finally gave up. My wife hasn't wanted to watch it all week so I'm still a week behind. And with her going out of town this weekend, I'm not going to catch up and be behind.
Well, SPOILER ALERT

They cured the outbreak, and everything went back to normal. In next week's series finale, Madison goes back to school as the new principal, because, when you kill a principal, you take their power and position.

I will admit, I did not expect that outcome, and I am really intrigued for season two.

What a swerve.
Well, SPOILER ALERT

They cured the outbreak, and everything went back to normal.
I think that's what I said was going to happen.
Speaking of swerves I was not expecting Daniel to be the bad guy in his past history. It now changes his tone in all the previous episodes. His wife is dead, he is not going to take that well. It has been quiet inside the confines of the fences, but the shit is hitting the fences outside. 83 skinbag kills as a company record seems really low when there are 2000 walkers in the arena.

It is becoming even more apparent to our gang that their situation is becoming even more dangerous and there is no coming back from it. The old world is dead and much like in real life, people in power (military) are abandoning their position in the midst of a crisis.
Speaking of swerves I was not expecting Daniel to be the bad guy in his past history. It now changes his tone in all the previous episodes. His wife is dead, he is not going to take that well. It has been quiet inside the confines of the fences, but the shit is hitting the fences outside. 83 skinbag kills as a company record seems really low when there are 2000 walkers in the arena.

It is becoming even more apparent to our gang that their situation is becoming even more dangerous and there is no coming back from it. The old world is dead and much like in real life, people in power (military) are abandoning their position in the midst of a crisis.
2000 not put down walkers...
2000 not put down walkers...
I meant outside of the arena since they are currently trapped/locked up. LA has 12 million people, were are they all? So only 83 kills from a patrol unit seem a little low.
Last edited 09-29-2015 at 09:54 AM by MarvzMitts.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account