Patch 1.0.2 coming this week

Destiny

Found 12 posts - Go to Last Post

Destiny will be releasing their next patch this week, which will address the frustration people (myself included) have experienced with their engram decryption system. In short, if you get a Legendary (purple) engram, it will be at least a Legendary item or better (Exotic or high end materials), and Rare (blue) engrams will be at least a Rare item, with an increased chance for it to be a Legendary item. Daily and weekly high tier playlists will add Rare and Legendary items to their already exiting rewards.
Note: any Legendary engrams already in your possession will be downgraded to Rare, so best to get them decrypted now before the patch goes live. Although they're probably just Rare items anyway... Wink

You can read all of the details here; http://www.bungie.net/7_102-Patch-Pr...News?aid=12202
From now on, all Legendary engrams will decode into chest pieces.
Just to rub it in, I looted 5 Legendary Engrams from doing the strike playlist yesterday. One even became an actual legendary item. Granted it was a helmet, but point is, suck it!
I did not play yesterday. I hosted a Cub Scout den meeting, took LibrarianBeth to the new Ikea, picked up Popeye's, and watched the Saints Game.

I should have played Destiny.
I'll be spending most of this week doing strikes, probably stick to lvl 22 ones. Need to get 18 done before Xur shows up on the weekend.
I'll be spending most of this week doing strikes, probably stick to lvl 22 ones. Need to get 18 done before Xur shows up on the weekend.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
Probably need to make a couple of those the Russia Strike... I need 3 more. Probably can do it with randoms...
Probably should point out, with that Engram demotion for what's in your inventory, to not pick up any mail you get from ranking up with the Cryptarch. Not sure how the patch will affect those, but better to be safe than sorry.
Probably should point out, with that Engram demotion for what's in your inventory, to not pick up any mail you get from ranking up with the Cryptarch. Not sure how the patch will affect those, but better to be safe than sorry.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Yeah, forgot to mention that. I've got one waiting to be opened, and it's staying there until the patch is done. Hopefully it won't get nerfed.
I got up to level 11 or 12 this weekend so making some progress...
Apparently Heroic strikes count as 2x for the Toland's Journal Exotic bounty, and Nightfall (Epic) count as 3x. Good to know.
I'm only at about level 6, I'll keep this in mind.
Patch is live.
http://www.bungie.net/7_Update-102--...News?aid=12235

Summary:
With this patch, we address some widely-discussed concerns with how Engrams are earned and claimed. Strikes have become more rewarding, and the rewards gained from them are more predictable. Also affected is the rotation of maps that appear in the Crucible.

Cryptarch
Legendary (purple) engrams will always produce a Legendary quality item or higher
Note: Legendary engrams that exist in your inventory will change to Rare quality items when the patch is applied. However, decoding these engrams will still produce the same results as before
Rare (blue) engrams will always produce a Rare quality item or higher
Chance for Legendary gear increased
Materials: Ascendant Shards and Ascendant Energy promoted to Legendary quality (from Rare quality)

Rewards
Rare (Blue) and Legendary (Purple) Engram drops added to the potential rewards for:
Vanguard: Tiger Strike Playlist
Daily Heroic Missions (first time per day)
Weekly Heroic Missions (first time per week)
Known issues
When selecting a higher difficulty for daily missions, XP Bonus not show in the reward display
You will still get the XP bonus, you just won't see it in the UI

Crucible
Reduced time limit on Bastion and First Light in Control and Clash from 15 to 12 minutes, bringing them in line with non-vehicle maps in those playlists
Lowered weighting on Bastion and First Light in Control and Clash so they appear less often in those playlists

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account