2019 Gaming Goals

General Chat

I am holding this space while I am contemplating my goals and life in general. Feel free to share your gaming (or non-gaming) goals as well!

Just some goals off the top of my head:
-97% Completion Percentage
-400k GS
-50 Completed games
-Overtake Fsh and Its Uncle Kev in completed games
-Overtake danpsfx in TA score
-Have a baby Completed 3/12/19
Last edited 05-22-2019 at 01:42 PM by pTartTX.
Missed my goal of 500K gamerscore in 2018. So in 2019 I hope to

Hit 550K gamerscore
Complete 420 games
Keep my daily gamerscore streak going
2019. New year new category. I want to clean out some backlog of RPGs that I have.

1) Hit 400k GS
2) Hit 450 completions
3) Hit 475 completions
4) Finish the following games:
A) Infinite Undiscovery
B) Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
C) Phantasy Star II
D) Borderlands 2
E) Skyrim (360)
F) Dragon Age: Origins
G) Brutal Legend
H) Dishonored
I) Realms of Ancient War
J) Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
K) Scott Pilgrim vs The World
L) Dead Rising
M) L.A. Noire
N) The Last Remnant
O) Enslaved: odyssey to the West
P) Lost Odyssey
Q) Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don't Know

5) Win a medal at PAX South

Not sure what else to put on here. This will do for now.
Last edited 11-17-2019 at 05:58 PM by Dacoto.
1. I'd like to hit 500k GS this year, though it's likely wishful thinking unless I get better at those god forsaken NeoGeo fighting games....blah

2. I'd also like to hit 20,500 achievements won.

3. Be more active on the forums that I frequent. (This one and Seasoned Gamers are pretty much the only two I visit regularly)

4. Make it back to Achievement Fest. I missed it last year because my daughter got married one week after AF, so I was pretty busy getting ready for that. Maybe this year it will all work out.

A few more completions, higher completion percentage and a higher TA ratio would be ok but I don't really concentrate much on any of those.
Last edited 01-02-2019 at 05:13 PM by SG Steelhead.
I haven't given a lot of thought to my goals for the year. Here is what I have so far off the top of my head (I'll add some more during the week):

500K TA Score
Complete GTA IV
300K Gamerscore
Complete 250 Games
Start & Complete Mass Effect
15K Trickster Rogue in Neverwinter

GTN Badges
---------------
Crime Lord
ctOS Breach
Dishonorable Mention
DLC Completionist IV
Down Wit' DLC III
Fast as Lightning
King of Kinect
Kobayashi Maru
Opinionated IV
Paragonegade
Reviewer IV
Umbrella Executive
Last edited 01-07-2019 at 02:46 PM by MarvzMitts.
After my abysmal year last year, I'm going to just keep it simple this year.

Score my best year ever (100,700 :gsSmile
Score more than Fshguy
After spotting Fshguy so many points I plan to pass him again this year.
So, 2018 was my second worst year since I started actually going for Gamerscore. I had a lot of things going on and just didn't have much drive to game, so I only managed to play 31 games.
This year, I think I'd like to try getting a move on to 650k, maybe even 700k (though that would be my best year ever, I haven't played many of the newer easy games that have come out).
I'd also like to make sure that my achievement a day streak keeps going (because if it didn't end for my wedding, it would take me being hospitalized for a bit in order for it to end now. And even then it's survived two concussions, so...) as well as maintaining a completion percentage above 99.5%.
In real life, I've been unemployed since August, so I'd like to find work (interviews at 8 different companies so far). I'd like to have my medical condition continue to move in the right direction. And I'd like to master some tricky meals in the kitchen (home made sourdough... the perfect cheesecake...).
Let's see,

Hit at least 620,000-650,000 Gamerscore by the end of the year
Get up to 1,500,000-2,000,000 TA Score
Complete at least 450-500 games
Complete and at least play every Xbox game i have, tired of sitting on so many games unplayed/unopened/unfinished.
2019:

1.) Raise $2000 for KU Med Pediatrics in Kansas City via my Extra Life page at http://el.futiles.net
2.) Raise $300 for Barbara Bush Children's Hospital in Portland, ME via my Extra Life page at http://cnb.futiles.net
3.) Paint some more of my minis, I got a few hundred done in 2018, would like to get another army done this year
4.) Win something for my hospital at ELU in March. 2017 I won $6500 and 2018 I won $1565. Would like to make it 3 years in a row
5.) Get Fallout: Wasteland Warfare to the table
6.) Get The Walking Dead: All Out War to the table
7.) Block Dacoto from winning a PAX South Medal (not really)
8.) Attend PAX South with Dacoto and Mondo
9.) Attend GenCon with Mondo
10.) Attend BGGSpring
11.) Attend BGGCON
12.) Attend CMONExpo (this one moved dates, and it looks like a bad weekend for me...)
13.) Attend Achievement Fest

My goals aren't hard.
My goals aren't hard.
Originally Posted by futiles
Those look impossible to me. I think I did one of those things ever and not likely to happen again anytime soon.
Those look impossible to me. I think I did one of those things ever and not likely to happen again anytime soon.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Are you saying no return appearance to AF2019?
Are you saying no return appearance to AF2019?
I would love to, but I need time to plan man. My family is crazy and the more notice the better.

Edit: How else am i going to see pTartJr?
After my abysmal year last year, I'm going to just keep it simple this year.

Score my best year ever (100,700 :gsSmile
Score more than Fshguy
After spotting Fshguy so many points I plan to pass him again this year.
That might take more than 100k
I would love to, but I need time to plan man. My family is crazy and the more notice the better.

Edit: How else am i going to see pTartJr?
If only you could have predicted there was going to be an AF 2019.... Granted the family craziness to not as easy to play for.

I'll be shocked to see a ptartjr at AF2019! Maybe you should aim for 2020....
BTW, the plan is for a Fish Jr Thing #1 to attend this year....
BTW, the plan is for a Fish Jr Thing #1 to attend this year....
Originally Posted by Fshguy
EXCELLENT!!!

Also, will I be making a trip to Tampa on my way to ELU2019, or do you think you would want to maybe meet me (and the of Thunders) for dinner over by Orlando?
7.) Block Dacoto from winning a PAX South Medal (not really)
This will happen whether you intend for it to happen or not. Also you owe me for your Downforce medal.

8.) Attend PAX South with Dacoto and Mondo and CK
FTFY.
Didn’t make any goals last year. So my first goal this year is to set a couples goals Wink

Next up is getting back to 90% completion percentage. Been hovering in the mid 80’s for several years. To help my percentage goal I’d also like to finish up 30+ games that got put aside for one reason or another after starting them up.

After a layup to get me started this year. The other two goals however are challenging but realistic which will keep me busy all year.
EXCELLENT!!!

Also, will I be making a trip to Tampa on my way to ELU2019, or do you think you would want to maybe meet me (and the of Thunders) for dinner over by Orlando?
I'll need dates... dinner with the Thunders would be cool. Will have to get the dates to see if I have any conflicts...
If only you could have predicted there was going to be an AF 2019.... Granted the family craziness to not as easy to play for.

I'll be shocked to see a ptartjr at AF2019! Maybe you should aim for 2020....
Originally Posted by Fshguy
There will be no ptartjr at AF2019, baby ptart will only be 4 months old. So if I attend, I will be leaving ptartjr home with family. I am still undecided if I will be attending but Mr pTart will most likely be there.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account