Found 8 posts - Go to Last Post

I've been having this issue with my Xbox One controller, in which it will occasionally act like I pushed one of the face buttons twice in quick succession. For example: when playing Skyrim, if I'm looting an enemy I recently killed and push the X Button button once to take all items, it will exit the inventory of the enemy and draw my weapon. So far the only solution that I have been able to figure out is to save the game and drop out to the dashboard, then close out and re-launch the game.

If anyone else has encountered this and/or has a different solution short of my having to buy a new controller, which I would prefer to have as a last resort.
when is the last time you updated the controller firmware
Definitely check for controller updates in the settings like DXU mentioned.

Does this happen in other games or on the dashboard?
I'll check for updates. If it has happened in other games, it hasn't been really noticeable, due to the fact that the face buttons aren't used as often as in Skyrim.
So I've checked for controller firmware updates, which my system says are up to date. Still having the button pressing issue happen.
How old is your control and what kind of use does it get? This may be just fair ware and tear on that button. I'm assuming this is the original controller and not an aftermarket 2nd party controller, because I have had problems with the likes of those. One last question, is this happening only on Skyrim or does it happen with other games apps as well?
I'll check for updates. If it has happened in other games, it hasn't been really noticeable, due to the fact that the face buttons aren't used as often as in Skyrim.
Originally Posted by Dvader83
This actually happens to me, but, only in Skyrim. I figured it had something to do with the code of the game, being a console generation port.

I cannot remember if it is limited to a specific console or controller, though. I will try to see if I identify it as an issue on a single console or controller and get back with you.

I have not experienced the issue outside of games, though. Nor have I noticed in any other games.
How old is your control and what kind of use does it get? This may be just fair ware and tear on that button. I'm assuming this is the original controller and not an aftermarket 2nd party controller, because I have had problems with the likes of those. One last question, is this happening only on Skyrim or does it happen with other games apps as well?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
The controller a little over a year old and is the original one that came with the console. The amount of time I play on the One varies day to day and there are some days I skip playing. The issue seems to only occur when playing Skyrim and can be temporarily resolved by quitting to the dashboard and exiting, then relaunching Skyrim.

Also, it isn't one button that's affected. For example, if I'm looking at a recently killed enemy or a container and press the X Button button to take all items, my character will exit the inventory screen and ready their currently equipped weapon/spell. Or if I want to take single items from the enemy/container and press the A Button button, the next item will be taken also.
Last edited 01-17-2017 at 04:53 PM by Dvader83.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account