Achievement Fest 2016 Shenanigans.

General Chat

Thank you! I am looking forward to pouring through your PAL collection!
Originally Posted by Streak Leader
Yeah, he can just leave those in our room...
eBash renovations are behind schedule, so, we have decided to slightly rearrange the layout. I have updated the seating chart. I think only two people actually swapped "groups" - otherwise, entire rooms moved as a group.

The swap was done because, according to last count, we have 4 Japanese Xbox 360s and 2 European 360s coming, and I placed it so that each person would be in the same room as the foreign console(s) they are bring with them.

Also, this puts 2 Japanese and 1 European console in each of the TWO rooms with foreign consoles.
So will I be able to start gaming overnight when I get there on Thursday or are the lock-in rules only in effect on Friday-Sat-Sun?
So will I be able to start gaming overnight when I get there on Thursday or are the lock-in rules only in effect on Friday-Sat-Sun?
Originally Posted by Mightymango
Usually Zack lets us come and go as we please. We can double check, though. Most of us go home late on Thursday night. But, if you need to be awake all night, I will see what I can do.
Late is fine as well, I just was asking making sure it wasn't going to be like a 10pm end to the evening. Granted I may be tired from the drive down anyway.
Late is fine as well, I just was asking making sure it wasn't going to be like a 10pm end to the evening. Granted I may be tired from the drive down anyway.
Well, store hours are:

Thursday Noon - Midnight
Friday Noon - 8:00 AM
Saturday Noon - 8:00 AM
Sunday Noon - Midnight
Monday Noon - Midnight

So, even if we don't stay "after hours" on Thursday, we have a late night available. For Friday and Saturday night, between 8AM and Noon, we just need to make sure not EVERYONE leaves at once, or the doors lock behind us.
Well, store hours are:

Thursday Noon - Midnight
Friday Noon - 8:00 AM
Saturday Noon - 8:00 AM
Sunday Noon - Midnight
Monday Noon - Midnight

So, even if we don't stay "after hours" on Thursday, we have a late night available. For Friday and Saturday night, between 8AM and Noon, we just need to make sure not EVERYONE leaves at once, or the doors lock behind us.
Originally Posted by futiles
Yes, usually staying later requires one of the employees to stay as well. They also let us in a bit earlier than noon also, as long as the doors stay locked.
There's usually someone at the store on Friday morning around 9 to 9:30. Gives me time to hit Square Donuts before getting started for the day...
Knowing what they have would help to plan what I would bring. Already knowing what you have, I can bring a couple things to lessen your load.

Until I see what they have, I'll plan to bring:
Forbidden Island
Boss Monster
Puerto Rico
Gauntlet of Fools

I can bring my Small World and expansion if you want. Or just the expansion if it differs from yours. Also I think you have ALL of the CAH sets, so I'll leave mine at home.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
I think that is a perfect list to bring. I was considering one of the Forbidden games, so, if you bring Island, I will leave both at home. I have the Bigger, Blacker Box packed. I will let you bring Small World.

So, you have:

Forbidden Island
Small World
Boss Monster
Puerto Rico
Gauntlet of Fools

I am still getting my bag together, but I know I will have:

Cards Against Humanity (A LOT)
Super Fight
One Night Ultimate Werewolf, with a few expansions and promos, should play a good sized group
Ticket to Ride
Stone Age
Greed
Simon's Cat
Pretense (A Meta Game, where each person is given a stereotypical "Gamer" personality, which has an opportunity to score throughout the night/day/event)
Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective
Machi Koro
Some more fillers.
Oh, and I'll have Loot Letter and Exploding Kittens, as they sit in a cigar box that is easy to fit in my bin.

I would like to play some Dominion. And possibly Murder of Crows again. We need some Sushi Go. Also, some sort of Champions of Midgard/Shadows over Camelot/Lords of Waterdeep. Granted some of those involve traitor mechanics that you loathe.....
Oh, and I'll have Loot Letter and Exploding Kittens, as they sit in a cigar box that is easy to fit in my bin.

I would like to play some Dominion. And possibly Murder of Crows again. We need some Sushi Go. Also, some sort of Champions of Midgard/Shadows over Camelot/Lords of Waterdeep. Granted some of those involve traitor mechanics that you loathe.....
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Not me, Beth. I have Stone Age in the bag, as it is literally lighter than Waterdeep, so, travels better. Sushi Go is packed. My Dominion is a play at home only game, as we have everything, except the expansion that just released, in a single wooden box. If I can lay hands on Murder of Crows before leaving, it will get in the bag. I don't own Champions or Shadows.
Is there any demand for any of the PAL Soccer games? Like Championship Manager, the Football Manager games or any of the PES games? I grabbed LMA as that one is "shorter" than the rest but the others I wasn't sure if there was any demand.

I did pack all the Alarm 11 games.
Is there any demand for any of the PAL Soccer games? Like Championship Manager, the Football Manager games or any of the PES games? I grabbed LMA as that one is "shorter" than the rest but the others I wasn't sure if there was any demand.

I did pack all the Alarm 11 games.
I don't think it's PAL, but could you bring 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany please?
Thank you! I am looking forward to pouring through your PAL collection!
No problem. Are you bringing a copy of Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter?
I'd be interested in playing the xbox live arcade games "Cyber Troopers Virtual-On" and "Virtua Striker" if anyone still has these or can re-download them. According to TA, only Buck, Mango, and Redmption have played them. I think they required some shenanigans to be able to download? like a JP account and points?

I'll be bringing a stack of easy/crappy used games that I am done with that I am willing to give away or trade, including 2 copies of Pocketbike Racer for anyone that wants the Burger King badge. I'd also be interested in the other two Burger King games if anyone has them.

That's all I can think of for now...
I'd be interested in playing the xbox live arcade games "Cyber Troopers Virtual-On" and "Virtua Striker" if anyone still has these or can re-download them. According to TA, only Buck, Mango, and Redmption have played them. I think they required some shenanigans to be able to download? like a JP account and points?

I'll be bringing a stack of easy/crappy used games that I am done with that I am willing to give away or trade, including 2 copies of Pocketbike Racer for anyone that wants the Burger King badge. I'd also be interested in the other two Burger King games if anyone has them.

Originally Posted by Elem3ntal80
I have them. I can download them again on my Japanese console when I get there.
I have them. I can download them again on my Japanese console when I get there.
Originally Posted by Clarissalover
I'd suggest trying before you get there. Downloading things has been a bane of that location.

Originally Posted by Elem3ntal80
If you had said this BEFORE I left Dallas...

Pretty sure I still have them, I can ship them to you, and you can either ship them back when done or return at AF2017.
No problem. Are you bringing a copy of Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter?
Originally Posted by Clarissalover
It's digital, so I'll have it on my HD.
It's digital, so I'll have it on my HD.
I will have the pen&paper edition with me, as well.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account