Opinion - Do you consider this "completed"?

Monster Go! (WP)

Found 9 posts - Go to Last Post

OPINION - Based on my explanation in the first post, do you consider this completed?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 9 (31.03%) Yes

× 10 (34.48%) No

× 10 (34.48%) Don't care - free poll!

• Added 05-03-2023 03:01 PM
  • 29 votes
Let me start with a fun gaming story. For those of you in the AchievementFest Discord, this is mostly a duplicate.

Background: I am a completionist - mostly Xbox achievements but sometimes I'll also focus on in-game goals (i.e. - getting all motifs and furnishing plans in ESO). I was working on Monster GO! on my WP10 when the achievement system was shut down. I just didn't have the time to dedicate to complete it in time. So, even though the achievements won't sync, I've still been focused on getting them all just to prove to myself that I could. They pop on the phone but just don't go anywhere. One of the achievements is to run past 999 meters in Endless Mode (or "run pass 999 meters" as the official description says lol). Technically, this popped for me. I paused the game around 360 meters and when I came back the next day, a bunch of challenges popped including the one for 999 meters. That didn't seem right, so I have been trying to do it legit since then. It's been months, since I only play 15-30 minutes a day.

Okay, so now the story: I had a good run going, and I died at the boss at the 900 meter mark. I still had my revive for 10,000 coins (which is a lot in the game!) so I spent it. I was going along being careful and not taking chances, using my skills more often than usual. I was at 996 meters with mostly full health - I could have taken 2 hits but probably not 3. The screen was filling up with simple enemies, but I decided to use a special skill just to make sure nothing stupid happened. I couldn't revive again - you only get 1 per run! So, I hit the skill button.....AND THE GAME FROZE UP!!!!!! Mad Come on!!!! Since I have technically have it and I knew I would make it, I am counting this as victory. But, OMG, if the achievement hadn't glitched before, I would have been so frustrated!

Since then, I have completed all the other challenges in the game except for the ones that just require coins to buy something. Same with the Xbox achievements - I have them all except for buying things which requires coins. The easiest way to get coins is to use the date trick on the phone to keep moving into the future and get 500 coins per day. So, there is no challenge to getting coins - it just takes time and quite a bit of it.

So, knowing that I could complete the game by just spending time (or by using an autoclicker), I am considering myself done/complete/I did it! What do you all think?

Let me know with questions as my explanation makes sense to me since I am close to it, but may not make sense to others.
Unfortunately you won't have the achievements to prove you've completed it, but the truth is that what really counts is that you know you've achieved it.

I wish I could complete the Windows version of this game, winning a extra skill point is very difficult...
Are you done playing it? Then you have completed it.
Unfortunately you won't have the achievements to prove you've completed it, but the truth is that what really counts is that you know you've achieved it.
Originally Posted by DouguiNEW
I agree with this. The only person you have to prove it to is yourself. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

The poll needs a "kind of " option.
Last edited 05-04-2023 at 03:14 PM by General Tynstar.
Personal opinion is that you finished the game but didn't complete it as far as Xbox goes. But, in the long run, it doesn't really matter because the achievements don't really mean anything. Wink

As long as you reached your personal goal, that's all that matters.
Personal opinion is that you finished the game but didn't complete it as far as Xbox goes. But, in the long run, it doesn't really matter because the achievements don't really mean anything. Wink

As long as you reached your personal goal, that's all that matters.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
This. Congratulations on your completion.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account