2018 Gaming Goals

General Chat

Third year in a row now to write these down. Last year while I accomplished lots of my goals it was never really rewarding so this year I want to screw all the normal stuff and instead play these games. Doesn't mean get 1000 or all the achievements, simply play them and if I like them go for more points, if I don't just throw them to the side.

No code has to be inserted here.Honestly my phone has been taking up a ton of my time so I'm going to add some phone specific goals in here.

No code has to be inserted here.And lastly, just for Fshguy...

Fshguy GOALS
  • Score more GS than him in 2018
  • Finish with more GS that him in 2018
  • Have more Pokedex entries than him
  • Retake him on Badges Leaderboard
  • Finish 2018 ahead of him on badge leaderboard
Last edited 12-12-2018 at 08:30 PM by Kaens.
My goals for this year is;

100k gamerscore.
Number one for gamerscore in the simulation genre.
Hit 500 total completions.
Holler at me if you need some help on the RDR stuff. There's a small bit we can do with just 2 people. If you make it to AF this year, there's a chance we can run the poker again. Should be quicker with less people needing the achievement.
Simply to get back in the groove. 2017 was a completely non-gaming year for me. You have to go back to 2006 to find a year where I scored less.Hell, I've had single day totals higher than my 2017 total Lol

SG Steelhead won 339 Achievements in 26 games, for a total of 14,474 TrueAchievement points (10,360 Gamerscore).

If all achievements were worth 10 Gamerscore, the Standardized Score would be 4,838 points.

I did play the shit out of Destiny 2 though...all three characters at or near the light/power level cap.
I had way too many goals that were too ambitious last year so I have fewer, simpler ones for this year that I think will be very doable Smile
  • Work on getting that backlog down!
  • Reach 250K in Gamerscore - Currently have 220K, so will be aiming for about 30K. Definitely will be much easier and not as draining as going for 100K in a year was
  • Reach 85% completion percentage on XBL - I'm a bit above 81% right now, so this won't be bad
  • Complete at least one game on each system I own - A lot of my consoles got neglected thanks to trying to get 100K in a year last year and I really didn't like that. Time to give them some much needed attention!
[*]Complete at least one game on each system I own - A lot of my consoles got neglected thanks to trying to get 100K in a year last year and I really didn't like that. Time to give them some much needed attention![/list]
Originally Posted by Adorabear
Great point, I'm going to add my two Nintendo Switch games!
maybe your first goal should be to turn your TV right side up. Unless you play while laying on the floor, of course, then it would make sense.
I'm not going to make a bunch of goals like last year. Going to just focus on one goal, 100K in 1 year, play anything and everything throwing my 90% completion rating to the wind.
Have you not played any version of Skyrim, or just specifically the X1 version to be played?
Have you not played any version of Skyrim, or just specifically the X1 version to be played?
Originally Posted by futiles
I played the 360 version up until an achievement glitched on me (specifically when you choose a side and there is an achievement for each, I got neither).. So yeah, fired it up with remastered X1 version so I'll just start over.
I have some pretty ambitious goals since I have not put down some serious points since 2014.

-Hit 300k gamerscore (increase of about 70k) Hit 300k at Achievement Fest... seemed fittingSmile
-Hit 400 completions (currently at 301) Hit this in December!
-Hit 95% completion rate (currently at 94.1%) Done... and now have a new goal of 96%
-Make it on the spreadsheet (top 20) for the Epic Challenge Done as well... I'm confident I will remain on the spreadsheet the rest of the challenge
-Overtake danspfx in gamerscore Done... and now have a new goal set to overtake his TA score

Mr pTart and I signed up for the GTASC so that should motivate us to lay down some serious points Smile
Last edited 01-01-2019 at 04:23 PM by pTartTX.
Haven't played a lot of the easy ID@xbox games so hoping to knock out a lot of easy games and keep working on completing my backlog and increasing completion percentage. Here are my goals:

- 100k gamerscore increase
- 100 completions increase
- 98% completion (currently 95.6%)
My biggest goal for the year is Gloomhaven. It showed up last month, I have had a chance to go through the rules and a couple of watch it played videos, and my family is ready to start it next week.

Gloomhaven: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardg...430/gloomhaven

Gloomhaven is big, box on top is a very standard game size, like a Ticket to Ride or Catan or even a Mass Market game like Apples to Apples:

Like really, really big, you could almost hide a kid in it.

Or smuggle a lot of beers:
This is going to be a backlog focusing year. I'm really close to a 90% completion (based on this site's stats)(54 as of this post), so I would like to hit and then maintain that 90% for the year.
My pretty simple goals:
  • 75,000 gamerscore (current 59,871)
  • 98% completion percentage (current 93.34%)
  • at least a 43-day achievement streak (current best is 42 days)
  • complete more games than I start
It looks like a lot of us are trying to raise our completion % - that sounds like a good premise for a competition.......
Please fix the pic. Driving me nuts.

Play Unravel sooner than later. Was a great game to play and it will not take you that long to finish. It'll be a good boost for accomplishing finishing a game.

Everyone's trying to raise their completion. My goal is to just finally try and play all these freaking games I keep acquiring. I'm going to try to just let my completion percentage go and play.
Please fix the pic. Driving me nuts.

Play Unravel sooner than later. Was a great game to play and it will not take you that long to finish. It'll be a good boost for accomplishing finishing a game.

Everyone's trying to raise their completion. My goal is to just finally try and play all these freaking games I keep acquiring. I'm going to try to just let my completion percentage go and play.
Originally Posted by ZeroDesolation
I am not trying tonraise my percentage.
I'm sad I didn't make the goal list this year....

I'm going to try to play less this year, not going to pretend like I'm going away for the year though.
I think I'll throw in my hat for the people all trying for 100k in year... why not right.. maybe there should be some sort of competition for it...hmm...After I finish my year long game a day bean dive and start the GTASC I'm going to try and throw down some serious points..

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account