New games for Christmas?

General Chat

Found 15 posts - Go to Last Post

Did you get any new games for Christmas?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 8 (29.63%) Yes! Video games

× 6 (22.22%) Yes! Board/card/tabletop games

× 5 (18.52%) Sort of! I got a gift card to spend on games

× 1 (3.70%) Sort of! I got a subscription as a gift

× 1 (3.70%) No, I wanted / asked for some but didn't get them

× 14 (51.85%) No, I didn't ask for any and didn't get any.

• Added 12-27-2022 10:38 AM
  • 27 votes
  • Multiple choice enabled
Today's Poll: Games for Christmas?

So... I realise most of us are adults here, but... Did you get any new games for Christmas?

For the first time in a LONG time, I didn't get a single one! Did get two new Fighting Fantasy books for my birthday though...

What about you folks?
My brother and I almost always end up getting games or subscriptions (game pass, etc.) for each other - sometimes simply by trading games we've both completed as we don't see each other too often.

I traded 1 (The Callisto Protocol for Guardians Of The Galaxy) and received 1 (Gotham Knights) as a gift, so all in all pretty good going.
The general consensus is that I can buy my own games so that I get what I like. This year I got kitchen stuff. My mother actually found some "Hell's Kitchen" branded stuff lol
I was too busy sorting out the Gameboy advance and Wii my Children decided to ask for for Christmas.

Technology and wiring's gradual changes in the last 16 years, becomes so apparent when you do this.

RGB to Scart to HDMI.....

The general consensus is that I can buy my own games so that I get what I like. This year I got kitchen stuff. My mother actually found some "Hell's Kitchen" branded stuff lol
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Do they come with Sounds? Gordon telling everyone to eff off out of the Kitchen?
I was too busy sorting out the Gameboy advance and Wii my Children decided to ask for for Christmas.

Technology and wiring's gradual changes in the last 16 years, becomes so apparent when you do this.

RGB to Scart to HDMI.....

Do they come with Sounds? Gordon telling everyone to eff off out of the Kitchen?
Originally Posted by Nod Nolan
"Shut it down!"
Yes, but only because I went to Barnes and Noble to rummage through what was left of their 50% off sale. Picked up Tiny Epic Dinosaurs and The Lost Ruins of Arnak.

Strongly debated a couple other things. May go back today and see what's left of the not much.
Originally Posted by Nod Nolan
Only if the chicken is undercooked Lol
I got clothes for Christmas, and that's all I needed anyways
He couldn't do that with a bridge roll.
Originally Posted by Dvader83
I made an extensive list of delisted/physical only 360 games for my mom at her request and didn’t technically get anything off of it.

I was shopping with her to find my niece a copy of AC Rogue Remastered at my favorite local shop and they were having a sale. It should’ve been buy 2 preowned get 1 free but because the owner is a friend he let my mom get a game free since she was buying a new and pre owned one, so I grabbed his Duck Dynasty Xbox One copy and told her it was mine since that’s the only reason he was letting her have it for free. Plus, my niece won’t play it anyways and it had to be a game less than $6. She opted to make it a stocking stuffer.

Another interesting tidbit… I bought my wife a code for Oregon Trail on Windows since she liked the game when she was younger. She doesn’t game much at all and found out it was on the switch instead so I rebought it for that and redeemed the Windows code for myself.

My sister in law’s girlfriend got me a $15 gift card as well.

I got clothes for Christmas, and that's all I needed anyways
Originally Posted by thesuperbob49
I heard there was an awesome chair involved.
If we're going to start talking non-game related gifts, then amongst other things I got the interesting combination of
  • Guitar strings
  • Woodford Reserve
  • Chocolate coated coffee beans
  • 8 (!) bags of sugar free sweets (aka Arse Exploders)
  • Black Cherry Gin (NOT a diluted, sweetened liqueur)
  • A bottle of WOOD aftershave
  • a tap-responsive nightlight in the shape of a panda eating bamboo with an auto-off timer

Not a single sock or deodorant!
I was surprised by an early Christmas gift of Carrooka. A bunch of friends got together and ordered me a board and an extra set of the 8-Ball pool pucks. So, that was a nice surprise, and addition to my dexterity games.
I was surprised by an early Christmas gift of Carrooka. A bunch of friends got together and ordered me a board and an extra set of the 8-Ball pool pucks. So, that was a nice surprise, and addition to my dexterity games.
Originally Posted by futiles
Excellent! Any chance of an upload of you playing? Let me know how your display goes, would love to see some photos of your collection.
Excellent! Any chance of an upload of you playing? Let me know how your display goes, would love to see some photos of your collection.
Originally Posted by C64 Mat
If nothing else, I should have pics and video in April when I take it to ELU.

My collection is extensive, both in tabletop games in general but dexterity games specifically.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account