Do you play after achievement completion?

General Chat

Found 12 posts - Go to Last Post

Do you return to a game after getting 100% of the achievements?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 11 (39.29%) Yes - I'll potentially return to any game I enjoyed

× 3 (10.71%) Yes - if it has other game modes I like (seasons, multiplayer)

× 9 (32.14%) I'm not against it, but I don't usually replay games

× 3 (10.71%) No - even games I enjoy, I probably won't replay

× 2 (7.14%) No - I'm only in it for the Gamerscore

• Added 09-13-2022 04:38 PM
  • 28 votes
Today's poll is something that's been on my mind for a while, now.

As someone with over a million Gamerscore, a lot of the friends I've made over the last few years are very achievement focused. For many it's their driving factor when it comes to playing games - they'll actually put the achievements before the experience. I've played a lot of games - everything from Dark Souls to Syncro Hedgehogs - and some of them I wouldn't have touched if they didn't have achievements. However, I'll pick a good game over an achievement game any day of the week.

Because a lot of people seem to put achievements first, games have become somewhat disposable, a once-and-they're-done kind of deal, which is a huge shame I feel.

So, I ask - when it comes to games you bought for the game, rather than, say, a Xitilon production - do you go back to that game to play again after getting the achievements in it?

I often do, but as I have so many games across so many platforms, it may not be straight away. Sacred 2 I've played for at least another hundred hours following completion. Diablo 3 I play every new season. Power Wash Simulator I like to pop on for some MP every now and again, and I'll always return to Halo games, campaign and multiplayer, regardless of the state of achievement.

But what do you do?

Some games like world of tanks yes. Over 10 years playing and over 15k hours of playtime across pc, xbox and the playstation version. I have all 85 tier 10s n half the cold war 10s. Its my go to game when im having a bad day
Some games like world of tanks yes. Over 10 years playing and over 15k hours of playtime across pc, xbox and the playstation version. I have all 85 tier 10s n half the cold war 10s. Its my go to game when im having a bad day
Originally Posted by ky pro 2008
That's like me and Halo, only you've got about twice the amount of hours in all my Halo games combined :P
Usually I do not go back, unless it is something I really enjoy. I have played a ton of Halo after completing achievements back in the day. I had to stop with Halo 4. Apex Legends was an easy completion and I played that a bunch after the achievements were done.

With the advent of Twitch I also want to recapture a game I really liked to throw it up on my YouTube channel. I keep meaning to go back to replay Mad Max and Wolf Among Us which I have completed. I also want to do replays of Dead Space and Alan Wake, such great games.
I’ll go back for multiplayer with friends in some instances, but for the most part, once I’m done with a game, I’m done. In rare circumstances I’ll go back if something is really good, or if the story continues beyond the point where all the achievements are done, but for the most part, there are too many games in the backlog to be spending time replaying games.
There are so many games to play I don't often go back once I've finished one. However, there are some that I do play multiple times. One example is South Park: The Stick of Truth. I played through that several times; I got all of the achievements on the first play through.
Mad Max; so underrated!
Originally Posted by C64 Mat
We are feared!!

I agree, I wish I had played it sooner. I would totally be into a sequel.
I don't usually keeps playing games after finishing them except for games with a really good MP like what i'm currently playing:

Yu Gi Oh Master Duel
Battlefield 4 (Installing this again after stopping for some reasons)

But yeah in my case if its a game with a very good MP or even online COOP experience then yeah i can keep playing.
Some games I don't play after completing, but games and series I like I definitely will play after. Especially online multiplayer, games with a high or global score list, or games I like to record video clips with.
Quite a wide array of opinions here; I like it! Makes for a good discussion. When the poll closes, I'll be doing a breakdown of sorts Smile
Yes, I partake in them from time to time. Doing over some WP titles as we speak. They need to bring back syncing. There is nothing really in terms of achievements on iOS and Android. Even the achievements that are tied to the respective game services over there aren't all that exciting.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account