I'm leaving TA for GT!

General Chat

Found 18 posts - Go to Last Post

Well, I finally set the wheels in motion for leaving True Achievements and having my user a count closed down.

The site is too riddled with intrusive ads, run heavy handedly with a "you can't disagree with us" policy (paraphrasing of course) and is decidedly toxic.

Gamertag Nation has slowly become my main online Xbox home. The discussions are nicer, the badge system is awesome, the people are nicer.

I have shown support by becoming a premium member and using the site more and more over the last few months. It's a pleasure to be a GTN member!

Just wanted to say something ^⁠_⁠^
Last edited 10-10-2022 at 02:57 PM by C64 Mat.
They are 2 completely different sites

TA is TOP
GN start up
They are 2 completely different sites

TA is TOP
GN start up
Originally Posted by QuiCkz Ninja
I'm not sure what you're getting at. I just wanted to say that I'm jumping ship, as a fan and gamer, to make GTN my internet home. I've had a much more pleasant experience here, as a member.

I know the sites aren't connected Smile
I'm not sure what you're getting at.
Originally Posted by C64 Mat
I'm fairly certain that English isn't the first language of that particular member.
I'm fairly certain that English isn't the first language of that particular member.
Originally Posted by Dvader83
Oh, I'm sorry! I hope I haven't caused offence!
Since covid pandemic ta has became worse. I find myself on gtn more than ta. I'm just waiting for gtn team work on creating a session to play games with other gamers like ta. This the only feature I like a ta an almost the only way I meet other gamers that shares my interest with games
We are glad to have ya. I still use TA as it has some use still. I don't think I have used their forums at all.
I've honestly been thinking of possibly leaving TA as well, and I don't blame you at all. My reasoning though is a bit different, but I think similar in theory. I'm just sick and tired of people losing their tracking on that site for one small thing and the IM just assuming that everyone is a cheater instead of giving them the benefit of the doubt. The way they've been handling cases is just debatable at best, but it doesn't help that the IM takes everything up to 11 way too quickly. The IM also has a "I'm right and I don't believe you" attitude as well.

One of my best friends was recently put on reduced tracking, and when they tried to submit an appeal to this decision, providing screenshots and leaderboard statistics to prove everything that they earned was legit, it was denied and they were told to create a post in the forms. I'm fine for discussion, but the problem is when you post on that forms, you're going to have people attack you, which has already happened unfortunately with this current person that's being accused of cheating in Grounded, which we shouldn't even be in the first place if the policy was made more clear about what you can and can't do. Unfortunately, it just seems like as everyone else is saying, ever since they updated the cheating policy to not allow external mods (which don't get me wrong I think that was a smart decision) that's when everything just took a turn for the worse.

in addition, the members of the site tried to provide evidence to prove that this entire situation is an in-game mechanic, but the IM immediately assumed that it was a modded world since the shared world owner was redacted. It's like they don't trust their users anymore, and I'm sure there are a lot of legitimate cheaters that try to do this, but that doesn't mean that you assume everyone is a cheater. It's a "guilty until proven innocent" system now instead of it being an "innocent until proven guilty" system which is how it should be.

As for GTN, I really think that the badges are a really cool idea, and it makes me wanna play some games that I have in my collection just to get the points. When I get back from my achievement hunting break, I'm definitely going to do that. This community definitely has been more welcoming and I 100% agree with you on that. It's been fun look at these forum posts and interact with new people
Last edited 10-11-2022 at 02:42 AM by Superbob.
It is a wretched hive of scum and villainy.
Oh, I'm sorry! I hope I haven't caused offence!
No for me :-)
I've honestly been thinking of possibly leaving TA as well, and I don't blame you at all. My reasoning though is a bit different, but I think similar in theory. I'm just sick and tired of people losing their tracking on that site for one small thing and the IM just assuming that everyone is a cheater instead of giving them the benefit of the doubt. The way they've been handling cases is just debatable at best, but it doesn't help that the IM takes everything up to 11 way too quickly. The IM also has a "I'm right and I don't believe you" attitude as well.

One of my best friends was recently put on reduced tracking, and when they tried to submit an appeal to this decision, providing screenshots and leaderboard statistics to prove everything that they earned was legit, it was denied and they were told to create a post in the forms. I'm fine for discussion, but the problem is when you post on that forms, you're going to have people attack you, which has already happened unfortunately with this current person that's being accused of cheating in Grounded, which we shouldn't even be in the first place if the policy was made more clear about what you can and can't do. Unfortunately, it just seems like as everyone else is saying, ever since they updated the cheating policy to not allow external mods (which don't get me wrong I think that was a smart decision) that's when everything just took a turn for the worse.

in addition, the members of the site tried to provide evidence to prove that this entire situation is an in-game mechanic, but the IM immediately assumed that it was a modded world since the shared world owner was redacted. It's like they don't trust their users anymore, and I'm sure there are a lot of legitimate cheaters that try to do this, but that doesn't mean that you assume everyone is a cheater. It's a "guilty until proven innocent" system now instead of it being an "innocent until proven guilty" system which is how it should be.

As for GTN, I really think that the badges are a really cool idea, and it makes me wanna play some games that I have in my collection just to get the points. When I get back from my achievement hunting break, I'm definitely going to do that. This community definitely has been more welcoming and I 100% agree with you on that. It's been fun look at these forum posts and interact with new people
Originally Posted by thesuperbob49
The investigations team is so one-sided. Even with games which autopop achievements by using tools built into the game to transfer progress from another platform, they'll come down on you.

I completed Crysis Remastered recently, and two of the level-based achievements didn't pop: The one for sinking the cruiser, and the one for entering the mines. I had to go back through and do them again. Thing is, they're listed as "story related and cannot be missed", which is what they should be, but for whatever reason they didn't unlock for me.

So, I completed my first playthrough on Delta difficulty and unlocked that achievement, then had to go back and unlock the two missing ones afterwards. I was genuinely worried I'd be investigated for achievements unlocking out of order.

Just for some wacky fun, I played through a Colorful Colore TU on the console and PC at the exact same time, following a directional-button press guide on my phone (e.g. U,U,R,L etc). So, the achievements for both games unlocked during the same second. I was worried I'd be accused of save-transfers.

Finally, someone investigated me because I'd completed the PC version of Surgeon Simulator but not the console version. Using a guide that I myself wrote apparently wasn't evidence enough. The fact that the IM could play the console version themselves and literally experience how buggy it was and how achievements didn't unlock properly was too much to ask, apparently. I was set to reduced tracking, so I sent all my guides and evidence and explanations of how to reproduce the achievement bugs (for example, the heart transplant one randomly unlocking, and winning ten matches in a row without an achievement pop for doing so), but none of that mattered. To get my full tracking back, I had to agree to having the game removed from my stats! Because I'd unlocked achievements in one version but not the other! I found it borderline unplayable on Console.

Rant over! No more TA talk. It's a different site. My Gamertag has been removed from their site as requested Big Grin
Last edited 10-11-2022 at 03:15 PM by C64 Mat.
Well, I finally set the wheels in motion for leaving True Achievements and having my user a count closed down.

The site is too riddled with intrusive ads, run heavy handedly with a "you can't disagree with us" policy (paraphrasing of course) and is decidedly toxic.

Gamertag Nation has slowly become my main online Xbox home. The discussions are nicer, the badge system is awesome, the people are nicer.

I have shown support by becoming a premium member and using the site more and more over the last few months. It's a pleasure to be a GTN member!

Just wanted to say something ^⁠_⁠^
The Great thing about GTN is how improvements keep coming.

TA have just gone into overkill with trying to do too much (emulating peloton targets for example)
Nice to see the reason I was "asked to leave" a decade ago hasn't changed. They are lousy with the ads.
The fact you have to manually opt in to three targets every month, each one on a separate page, also helps keep their hit counter through the roof.

I'm surprise they don't have loot boxes on site, to be honest.

If you provide a great service that people want, the popularity will take care of itself. It might be a longer, harder, slog to the top, and you might stall and plateau for a while, but integrity and quality is something which matters.
Leaving a community I'd been a part of for over a decade felt like a big deal to me, hence my announcement here. It's been good to be welcomed - thank you everyone!

Now, I'd like to politely ask if this thread can be closed, as I don't want this, at some possible point I'm the future, to become a ground for slagging off another website. It hasn't, by any means! Not at all.

I just don't want to be a potential catalyst of hate Smile
Last edited 10-11-2022 at 07:57 PM by C64 Mat.
The fact you have to manually opt in to three targets every month, each one on a separate page, also helps keep their hit counter through the roof.
Oh? Is that the reason for that?! It was starting to become an annoyance. I guess I can stop signing up for those now.

Now, I'd like to politely ask if this thread can be closed, as I don't want this, at some possible point I'm the future, to become a ground for slagging off another website. It hasn't, by any means! Not at all.

I just don't want to be a potential catalyst of hate Smile
We can do that.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account