Any Tower Defense fans?

PC

Found 8 posts - Go to Last Post

Wondered if anyone has a mild obsession with these, as I do? If you do, consider joining my Steam group, Tower Defenders.

Even after all these years, I still think the original Defence Grid on the 360 is the best Xbox TD game.
I still think the original Defence Grid on the 360 is the best Xbox TD game.
Originally Posted by C64 Mat
I am sure I own this one, but have not played it. The one game in this genre I have played was South Park: Let's Go Tower Defense Play! I like it, I should maybe give Defence Grid a try.
The South Park one was pretty good! I should go back and get that last achievement...

I LOVE some strategic TD. Like any genre, there's a lot of crap to wade through to get to the good stuff, but one thing I really like about this genre in particular is how broad the strategy can be.

There are some games which are there purely to give you a good time, but have extra challenges if you want to be more tactical (Kingdom Rush), some which are all about the calculations of upgrades and finding ways to game the system (Gemcraft) and others which are full of personality, story and great ideas (Defender's Quest).

I love all of those, but I also love games which are pure, unadulterated Tower Defense, and I think Defense Grid is the cream of the crop.

I am sure I own this one, but have not played it. The one game in this genre I have played was South Park: Let's Go Tower Defense Play! I like it, I should maybe give Defence Grid a try.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
I finished "South Park: Let's Go Tower Defense Play!" and yeah it was really fun.
I really enjoy tower defense when they are good.
I hate them when they are bad.

I loved some of the Geo Defense games on Windows Phone.
I really enjoy tower defense when they are good.
I hate them when they are bad.

I loved some of the Geo Defense games on Windows Phone.
Originally Posted by futiles
I can tolerate the bad ones because I love the genre. But I love them when they're good!
I can tolerate the bad ones because I love the genre. But I love them when they're good!
Originally Posted by C64 Mat
Hadn't noticed that I function the same way when it comes to this genre until I read this Lol
My favorite tower defense games were on kongregate back in the day

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account