Marvel Movie and TV Universe

Entertainment

Okay here's a thread to talk anything from the Marvel movies and TV shows like Shield, Agent Carter, Daredevil, etc.
Am I the only person wondering why they are making the Agent Carter TV series? Maybe I'm missing something, but I just don't see the need.
Am I the only person wondering why they are making the Agent Carter TV series? Maybe I'm missing something, but I just don't see the need.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Because the Marvel One Shot of her is one of the most downloaded of all the one-shots. It has 70 years of stories to tell. She, Howard Stark, and the Howling Commandos are interesting characters.

Is there ever a "need" to make entertainment? But, I believe there is a fantastic story to tell, and it currently a mini-series. 9-episodes, one single story arc...
Ok; that's the part that I was missing; it's a one story arc mini-series that had a One Shot download. It just seemed to come out of left field for me.
Ok; that's the part that I was missing; it's a one story arc mini-series that had a One Shot download. It just seemed to come out of left field for me.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Marvel has been doing One Shots on the Blu-rays since Thor. "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer" tells the story of a small speed bump Agent Coulson encounters. "The Consultant" shows Coulson and Sitwell discuss how to handle General Talbot and The Hulk, basically the end scene of The Incredible Hulk, from a different angle. "All Hail to the King" is great. What happens to "The Mandarin" in jail? "Item 47" - A couple finds a gun from the battle of New York (This comes up again in SHIELD series). And "Agent Carter" is how Peggy moved on from her first assignment immediately after WWII.

They are quite entertaining.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_One-Shots
I've just started to pick up the Blu-rays, so now I am going to have to start watching these One Shots! Thanks, futiles!
It's getting to be too much. I enjoy the movies that I have seen; but I haven't watched them all, or even all the ones I'd like to. Throw TV shows into the mix, and all of this story thread interweaving leaves me a confused old man.

I'm really just grouchy that I don't have time to watch all of these things I'd like to.
It's getting to be too much. I enjoy the movies that I have seen; but I haven't watched them all, or even all the ones I'd like to. Throw TV shows into the mix, and all of this story thread interweaving leaves me a confused old man.

I'm really just grouchy that I don't have time to watch all of these things I'd like to.
Originally Posted by palmettobling
26.5 hours a year. 2 Movies and 26 SHIELD episodes.

Originally Posted by palmettobling
I can understand that. I like that they keep them connected enough to appease the serious fans, I gave up on AoS within the first 5 episodes, but I guess after the Winter Soldier it got a whole lot better, still haven't got around to peeking back in the series. I'll stick with the movies and maybe the Netflix stuff depending...
Not TV or movie news on this one but I thought this was an interesting article about Marvel rebooting their entire universe...

http://411mania.com/movies/is-marvel...zergnet_292221

It's a pretty lengthy article but gives a lot of information. Red Onslaught... Red Skull stole the brain of Professor X....really this is a great example of why I stopped.
Happens every other year now...comics get way too confusing.
Anyone else get to see the Avengers Age of Ultron? Don't want to spoil it but, It was good.. and it was bad.. but mainly good, they set up all kinds of story arcs for future films and I'm sure I missed a few easter eggs in there, but for one spoiler I can tell you, You DON'T have to wait till the very end credits. There is NO end teaser. There is one Teaser Mid credits and it's a pretty big one, but it's one we have all seen coming from previous movies so it wasn't much of a revile.

So let me tell you the spoilers I can tell you about without spoiling it.

The Previews:

In bold move the Batman v. Superman trailer was shown, but it's the same one you can find on the net now. (the extended one)

No Ant-Man and No Star Wars trailers.... WTF??!

Oh and No to those two characters that were rumored to be in or even mentioned in the new film for phase three.. a smidgen disappointing considering where they went..
Anyone else get to see the Avengers Age of Ultron? Don't want to spoil it but, It was good.. and it was bad.. but mainly good, they set up all kinds of story arcs for future films and I'm sure I missed a few easter eggs in there, but for one spoiler I can tell you, You DON'T have to wait till the very end credits. There is NO end teaser. There is one Teaser Mid credits and it's a pretty big one, but it's one we have all seen coming from previous movies so it wasn't much of a revile.

So let me tell you the spoilers I can tell you about without spoiling it.

The Previews:

In bold move the Batman v. Superman trailer was shown, but it's the same one you can find on the net now. (the extended one)

No Ant-Man and No Star Wars trailers.... WTF??!

Oh and No to those two characters that were rumored to be in or even mentioned in the new film for phase three.. a smidgen disappointing considering where they went..
Originally Posted by B8TINGU

I had both Star Wars AND Ant-Man trailers.
I had Antman, but no Star Wars or Batman vs Superman.
I had both Star Wars AND Ant-Man trailers.
Originally Posted by futiles
I've seen the movie twice now, and both times I had Star Wars, Ant-Man and Bat v Sups. Who really cares, I've already seen them dozens of times on youtube. I've already watched youtube videos of babies watching the trailer. I got for the movies, not the trailers.
I've seen the movie twice now, and both times I had Star Wars, Ant-Man and Bat v Sups. Who really cares, I've already seen them dozens of times on youtube. I've already watched youtube videos of babies watching the trailer. I got for the movies, not the trailers.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Wait, you've already seen it twice? How does that happen?
Wait, you've already seen it twice? How does that happen?
Originally Posted by Fshguy
My brother and I saw the movie twice on thursday. Once as part of a double feature with the first Avengers movie and then 90 minutes later by itself. In my opinion it was much better without the 3-D
My brother and I saw the movie twice on thursday. Once as part of a double feature with the first Avengers movie and then 90 minutes later by itself. In my opinion it was much better without the 3-D
Originally Posted by DJ Psyanyde
So you're saying there's another?!

How is this to play if the Star Wars movie is actually good?!
Originally Posted by DJ Psyanyde
That is almost exactly what I did. Double feature 3D on Thursday with the family, 2D today with my coworkers. I generally hate 3D, but it wasn't bad.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account