Stranger Things (Caution - May Contain Spoilers)

Entertainment

Found 31 posts - Go to Last Post

Are you watching Stranger Things?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 15 (30.00%) Yep, love it.

× 14 (28.00%) No, what is it?

× 21 (42.00%) Here's another poll count for you,, but I'd rather you watched the show...

• Added 08-01-2016 06:15 PM
  • 50 votes
Say evil wizard like?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
I like this idea, sticking to the D&D themes. I think Will is still Will, but just a host incubator for baby bad things, but not the Demogorgon. I think Eleven WAS the Demogorgon, and she's banished herself to the upside down for the most part, as evident by the sheriff leaving Eggo's in the woods.

At the end when they are finishing their campaign with the Theselhydra instead of the Demogorgon, they ask about "the strange flowers" and the knight. I think those are referring to the egg shell the sheriff was looking at in the upside down and Brenner.

I'm ready for season two. The wife and I loved it.

But if this show teaches us anything it's to ALWAYS USE THE F***KING BUDDY SYSTEM. Never go anywhere alone.

But if this show teaches us anything it's to ALWAYS USE THE F***KING BUDDY SYSTEM. Never go anywhere alone.
Originally Posted by palmettobling
Amen to this brother - it was mandatory during my active duty time..
First time I was told about this series I was intrigued. Everyone was saying how scared they were of the dark after watching it. Cut to us watching it and I'm like... Are these people for real? I've lived this many times over thanks to Silent Hill. Sure enough the creators have credited Silent Hill and The Last of Us as inspiration. Loved it still, just slightly annoyed that it wasn't as scary as people had led me to believe.
First time I was told about this series I was intrigued. Everyone was saying how scared they were of the dark after watching it. Cut to us watching it and I'm like... Are these people for real? I've lived this many times over thanks to Silent Hill. Sure enough the creators have credited Silent Hill and The Last of Us as inspiration. Loved it still, just slightly annoyed that it wasn't as scary as people had led me to believe.
Originally Posted by Kysol
There's a few good jumps littered throughout, but the real scare is the unknown and the child endangerment, I believe. What do we really know? It's fascinating and frightening at the same time to fully understand this. The show, for me, visualized it.
Yeah it did have a few good moments, just the "creepy" scared of the dark aspect was lost on me as I'd been there before. I can't wait for the next series. Mightn't be a liked opinion, but I'd love to see it take on another set of characters (like Fargo), but share the same overall story arc, then have everything start to fall into place a few seasons down the track.
Truthfully, I have never heard even once that this was scary in anyway... Creepy yes and SH creepy, not quite... I think it was just done well for a time piece. I liked the story and yea I'll admit there could be some potential jump scares,but I never experienced them. I absolutely loved the story and characters and actors, they seemed to get it all spot on. I normally don't like Mathew Modine but even he was great for this part.
I didn't have a clue who it was, partner did. I kept asking if that was Ted Danson. Yeah the friends that said it was scary are fairly uninitiated in this genre. I can't fault the series at all. It was good to see Winona back on film.

If you're musically inclined, or even remotely interested, this video on how the songs are constructed is a great watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vFtEuP5SiQ
The last time I liked Mathew Modine in a role, he was getting yelled at by R. Lee Ermey...
I didn't have a clue who it was, partner did. I kept asking if that was Ted Danson. Yeah the friends that said it was scary are fairly uninitiated in this genre. I can't fault the series at all. It was good to see Winona back on film.

If you're musically inclined, or even remotely interested, this video on how the songs are constructed is a great watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vFtEuP5SiQ
This was a cool watch, thank you!
Have fun with this one Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtKSWX6lah0

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account