Porsche's Movie Reviews - Spider-Man Homecoming

Entertainment

Found 7 posts - Go to Last Post

Right out of the gate I will admit that this is the best Spider-Man movie to date. Having said that, I'll also admit that Tobey Andrew versions were mediocre for me. Tom Holland, the new, fresh, young face we first met scene-stealing in last year's Captain America Civil War, is by far the best version of our friendly neighborhood hero, and one hellevan actor. The film revolves around a truly young Peter Parker trying to adapt to life after the eventshow of Civil War. There is no origin story, no flashbacks, and an age appropriate Aunt Mae (Marissa Tomei). We jump right in to his daily heroic yet awkward escapades as he patiently awaits the call from Tony Stark, AKA, Iron Man, to be part of the next avengers mission.

In his impatience, he unwittingly discovers a villainous plot revolving around a dangerous weapons manufacturer (Michael Keaton) using alien technology to create super weapons. Peter attempts to include the Avengers, but is ignored due to his age. He sets out to prove his worthiness to Stark and the crew by solving this criminal activity alone.

The movie plays out over a few weeks of the young Peters' life as he battles real enemies, high school enemies, and love. Overall, there is appropriate humor, well-timed and character specific, including special cameos by Captain America himself. The Marvel universe is supremely improved with this well-written, perfectly timed, adventure.

In short, it's a must-must-see!
A little short for one of your review isn't it? I liked it though very spot on, except the Tobey Andrews reference? Who is that exactly, lol.. sorry I know it was supposed to be meant as Tobey/Andrews. Referring to Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield the first two big box offices "Spider-Man" versions...but no love for Nicholas Hammond!!?? Lol.. I loved the easter eggs, I bought about 10 but there were more, they ay 23 but I don't count a few of those as easter eggs and they didn't even mention one major one!!
Those school education videos are exactly the type of thing I'd expect to see in a world that really had super heroes. I also really loved how they humanize Toombs/Vulture as it gives a lot of depth to the character. It's nice to see the villain be more than just a one-note evil character, but rather a person doing what he thinks is necessary for what he considers the greater good, even if others disagree (namely our hero).
This version has been the best. I really did like the first Tobey Maguire movie, then they kind of mailed it in and beat us over the head with the whole Mary Jane thing. Glad to see they really took a step back from that in this one.
Those school education videos are exactly the type of thing I'd expect to see in a world that really had super heroes. I also really loved how they humanize Toombs/Vulture as it gives a lot of depth to the character. It's nice to see the villain be more than just a one-note evil character, but rather a person doing what he thinks is necessary for what he considers the greater good, even if others disagree (namely our hero).
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
I couldn't agree more. And getting Keaton to do was genious.
I loved the movie, maybe my favorite of all the Spider-Man movies. Keaton was great as the Vulture but it was hard not picturing Batman vs Spider-Man
I loved the movie, maybe my favorite of all the Spider-Man movies. Keaton was great as the Vulture but it was hard not picturing Batman vs Spider-Man
Originally Posted by LordChabelo13
Oh man.... Batman in his place? Or Batman the victor?

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account