Free Halo content to early adopters

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Found 18 posts - Go to Last Post

Sorry to go all banished samurai on you, but this is great news for anyone who has played TMCC prior to midnight PST Dec 19.

I loaded up my alt in the game hoping to get a second ODST token next spring.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/c...tion-thank-you

By Bonnie Ross - 4 hours ago

Last month, I promised the Halo and Xbox community that addressing the matchmaking issues and other bugs impacting players’ experience with Halo: The Master Chief Collection was our #1 priority. We’ve been working around the clock deploying weekly content updates and numerous server-side adjustments that have shown good results and we’re encouraged by the feedback we’re hearing from you. Another big challenge was met when we added fan-favorite playlists, such as SWAT and Halo: CE, back to our matchmaking menu and we plan to add more soon. Next week, we’ll release a content update that will add all 10 episodes of the cooperative experience “Spartan Ops” for Halo 4, and will address other issues. I assure you that the team will continue to work on additional content updates to further improve the all-up gameplay experience.

This has been a humbling experience and highlighted how we as a studio can – and need – to do better for Xbox fans around the world. We are so grateful to our fans who have stood by our side and we appreciate all of your patience as we worked through these issues. As a token of our appreciation and to thank fans for the continued support and understanding, we will be offering the following items, for free, to anyone who has played Halo: The Master Chief Collection online since launch (11.11.14) through today (12.19.14).*

1 Month of Xbox Live Gold
Exclusive In-Game Nameplate
Exclusive In-Game Avatar

* For specifics on eligibility and further details on the offer, visit the FAQ here.

Additionally, you’ve told us that you want more Halo 2: Anniversary multiplayer map content and Halo 3: ODST on Xbox One. As a future bonus, we’re going to make these happen and give them to you for free. We are just now starting work with our partners to bring both to Halo: The Master Chief Collection and will share more specific details on timing in the coming months. But for now, here’s what you can expect:

Halo 3: ODST Campaign – Development has just started on the campaign for Halo 3: ODST, which will be available within Halo: The Master Chief Collection, and upgraded to 1080p resolution, running at 60fps. It will be available for free to anyone who has played Halo: The Master Chief Collection since launch (11.11.14) through today (12.19.14).* Thanks to our friends at Bungie for creating the original “Halo 3: ODST” campaign.

“Relic” Halo 2: Anniversary Multiplayer Map – Available via a free content update to Halo: The Master Chief Collection, we will reimagine the fan-favorite map “Relic,” fully remastered and running at 1080p resolution and 60fps. We chose this map based on its suitability for Slayer and Objective modes and its ability to support teams of varying sizes. And you can trust that Certain Affinity will tune and tweak the map to make it even better than you remember.

The satisfaction and joy of our fans is absolutely critical to everyone at 343 Industries and we regret the issues and the frustration you have endured. We are truly sorry and thank you for your continued patience and support of the Halo franchise.

Sincerely,
Bonnie Ross
Head of 343 Industries
Seems pretty generous and them making right to me.
Good news, more content to a great compilation that already has loads. A shame for people who are getting it for Christmas and are yet to play it.
who cares about halo really? the halo franchise is shit n always will be ppl that think its a great game need to stop doing drugs lmao
who cares about halo really? the halo franchise is shit n always will be ppl that think its a great game need to stop doing drugs lmao
Originally Posted by chunky meconium
I don't think ANY FPS is great, but I'll take this over CoD or Gears any day. I'm more of a Rainbow Six kinda guy.
I don't think ANY FPS is great, but I'll take this over CoD or Gears any day. I'm more of a Rainbow Six kinda guy.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I knew I liked you...
I don't agree with your negativity sir!
I don't agree with your negativity sir!
Originally Posted by SpectreSubZero
That actually isn't a very negative comment for him. I kind of thought he was praising it...
As much as I was a Halo player and loved every minute of it, Halo 4 killed it for me. I was excited when I found out about a Halo 2 remake but then they decided to throw it in with the HMCC and I was like nope, not happening. All I really want is Halo 2 and I'm not going to buy the HMCC just for Halo 2.

As for giving early adopters the 1 Month of Xbox Live Gold, Exclusive In-Game Nameplate, Exclusive In-Game Avatar, Halo 3: ODST Campaign and “Relic” Halo 2: Anniversary Multiplayer Map is almost enough of an apology to me. If they include the Multiplayer from ODST then I would be more then happy with their apology. Hopefully they will include Multiplayer from ODST after they finish porting the campaign over.
Only a few million people... Now really, why do people feel like they need to jump into a thread and troll? Did this really make you feel any better about yourself?
Only a few million people... Now really, why do people feel like they need to jump into a thread and troll? Did this really make you feel any better about yourself?
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Is it hot inhere...because I feel a hot ass burn lol
I'm sure what Chunky meant to say is that he's tired of all the talk and hype and he personally didn't enjoy the game.
343 just added all of Halo 4's Spartan Ops to TMCC

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/c...t-update-notes

Say what you will...343 took on a massive endeavor putting out 4 highly popular games into one collection. The initial results were less than spectacular with the constant issues and bugs, but they have been diligently working to fix the issues and make things right with the Halo community, even going as far as to delay their newest Halo project to focus their resources on fixing their problems. I couldn't say the same about Activision with their annual COD releases (World at War still isn't fixed), Bungie saying "play your own way, as long as it's exactly how we want you to do it", or Ubisoft trying to turn the AC series into the next Guitar Hero with too many half built releases.

The gamers can speak with their wallet. If you don't like something, don't buy it or play it.
I love the Halo franchise, but Halo 4 didn't do anything for me.

I purchased Halo: TMCC and I've enjoyed going through some co-op with my friend and playing some multiplayer maps. Between that and the Preview Program early access to Halo 5, I am full-tilt excited now.

That Halo 5 MP was amazing, and I'm back to being excited about Halo again as I haven't been since ODST.
yah i havent cared for halo since it 1st came out now if there was a gears 4 id be all over it or even a new fallout
yah i havent cared for halo since it 1st came out now if there was a gears 4 id be all over it or even a new fallout
I fully expect a Gears compilation in the next year or so.
Too bad Gears is a dead franchise. Epic doesn't even care about it anymore and they pushed it on Microsoft Game Studios.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account