Which Halo 5 Guardians Edition Will You Buy?

Halo 5: Guardians

Found 19 posts - Go to Last Post

What Will You Get

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 9 (31.03%) Halo 5 Guardians Standard Edition

× 8 (27.59%) Halo 5 Guardians Digital Edition

× 2 (6.90%) Halo 5 Guardians Limited Edition

× 0 (0%) Halo 5 Guardians Digital Deluxe Edition

× 2 (6.90%) Halo 5 Guardians Limited Collector’s Edition

× 8 (27.59%) Xbox One 1TB Limited Edition Halo 5: Guardians Bundle

• Added 09-04-2015 12:31 PM
  • 29 votes
Microsoft knows that there’s a lot riding on the back of its Halo 5 Guardians release later this year. The original game defined the first Xbox console. Halo 2, with its multiplayer experience, set a new standard for online first-person shooters. As a key exclusive, Halo 5 Guardians could catapult the Xbox One to top of the sales charts.

Understandably, Microsoft is treating Halo 5 Guardians like the treasured, must-experience event that it is. The company has tons of different Halo 5 Guardians games to choose from. From a standard disc version to versions that come toting a statue, it can be hard to figure out which editions of Halo 5 Guardians are available to you. It can be even harder to figure out which edition of Halo 5 Guardians to buy.
Where is the option for 12-24 months after release, when the digital version is on sale for $20-$30, and my buddy wants to pick it up purely for Co-Op play?
Where is the option for 12-24 months after release, when the digital version is on sale for $20-$30, and my buddy wants to pick it up purely for Co-Op play?
Originally Posted by futiles
Or the option for a friend to pick it up for $15 in a month or three when it hits a certain retail training site? Or the option for 6 months from now when it goes GWG?
Or the option for a friend to pick it up for $15 in a month or three when it hits a certain retail training site? Or the option for 6 months from now when it goes GWG?
Originally Posted by Dacoto
On a disc? Screw that! I am not a goddamn savage.
Again, this is where I need the ability to "thumbs up" a post.
if it ever did go on sale it be $40-$47
LOL, that was good.

You also forgot the option, I'm not buying it at all. If I was hard pressed to get a copy, it would be plain vanilla.
Last edited 09-04-2015 at 05:25 PM by MarvzMitts.
if it ever did go on sale it be $40-$47
Originally Posted by Myuseru Foaran
No, it will be 50% before Christmas 2016. It will likely be GwG during Christmas 2016.
Microsoft knows that there’s a lot riding on the back of its Halo 5 Guardians release later this year. The original game defined the first Xbox console. Halo 2, with its multiplayer experience, set a new standard for online first-person shooters. As a key exclusive, Halo 5 Guardians could catapult the Xbox One to top of the sales charts.

Understandably, Microsoft is treating Halo 5 Guardians like the treasured, must-experience event that it is. The company has tons of different Halo 5 Guardians games to choose from. From a standard disc version to versions that come toting a statue, it can be hard to figure out which editions of Halo 5 Guardians are available to you. It can be even harder to figure out which edition of Halo 5 Guardians to buy.
Feels like Microsoft has been getting it's ass kicked by Sony in this generation. The latest being the One gets no Star Wars Special edition console, but as ugly as the PS4 one is, they have it. Bungie doesn't care about Microsoft and they were the heart and soul of the success years ago. For me the series is a bit long in the tooth. 343 Industries can't deliver, they had a horrible story in Halo 4 and destroyed Halo MP gameplay. The commercials alone just anger me because it is becoming less and less a Halo game. Now I would have to fight another Spartan? No thanks. I don't think sales will be as brisk as they have been in the past years. We will see in October.
Last edited 09-04-2015 at 06:03 PM by MarvzMitts.
Feels like Microsoft has been getting it's ass kicked by Sony in this generation. The latest being the One gets no Star Wars Special edition console, but as ugly as the PS4 one is, they have it. Bungie doesn't care about Microsoft and they were the heart and soul of the success years ago. For me the series is a bit long in the tooth. 343 Industries can't deliver, they had a horrible story in Halo 4 and destroyed Halo MP gameplay. The commercials alone just anger me because it is becoming less and less a Halo game. Now I would have to fight another Spartan?
No thanks. I don't think sales will be as brisk as they have been in the past years. We will see in October.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Getting "ass kicked" is always relative, it always seems like whoever isn't first is getting "ass kicked" each gen, and since no one wins two gens in a row... (Although, depending on your definition of win, Nintendo sold the most consoles last gen).

Bungie has never cared about MS. They were a hired gun, did their job, collected the check, and rode off into the sunset.

Does MS do many special console paint jobs for non-exclusive games? It did the CoD consoles, but were there others? Sony churns those things out like crazy. Half the games seem to get a console with them. Hell, my Vita is a White Assassin's Creed Liberty Vita.
No, it will be 50% before Christmas 2016. It will likely be GwG during Christmas 2016.
GwG is Games With Gold thats free games. DwG is Deals With Gold thats discounts on games
GwG is Games With Gold thats free games. DwG is Deals With Gold thats discounts on games
RIGHT

It will be 50% off BEFORE Christmas 2016.

THEN, AFTER THAT

It will be FREE as the Christmas 2016 GwG. Notice my prior use of BEFORE Christmas 2016, and then my use of DURING Christmas 2016.

As in, it will see two separate price changes.
Does MS do many special console paint jobs for non-exclusive games? It did the CoD consoles, but were there others? Sony churns those things out like crazy. Half the games seem to get a console with them. Hell, my Vita is a White Assassin's Creed Liberty Vita.
The Star Wars one was a no brainer. I remember them making a Sunset Overdrive console. They did that one, but couldn't get it together for the Star Wars, TitanFall, or Destiny Console?
The Star Wars one was a no brainer. I remember them making a Sunset Overdrive console. They did that one, but couldn't get it together for the Star Wars, TitanFall, or Destiny Console?
But, Star Wars was for an Exclusive, which was my question. Sunset Overdrive is an exclusive (and is just white, not really a special paint job). That's my point. They don't really go out of their way to promote games on their consoles that aren't "their games"
They don't really go out of their way to promote games on their consoles that aren't "their games"
Point taken, it will also not cost them a dime for any kind of licensing if they had to get that other property they don't own. Damn, I just wanted a Star Wars Console.
Point taken, it will also not cost them a dime for any kind of licensing if they had to get that other property they don't own. Damn, I just wanted a Star Wars Console.
Microsoft has created a 'Titanfall' Xbox One console, but you can’t buy it Microsoft had considered selling this particular console as part of a bundle package. Instead, The Titanfall Xbox One console joins an equally rare white Xbox One version that is not currently on sale.
Microsoft has created a 'Titanfall' Xbox One console, but you can’t buy it Microsoft had considered selling this particular console as part of a bundle package. Instead, The Titanfall Xbox One console joins an equally rare white Xbox One version that is not currently on sale.
They are only hurting themselves, I would of bought a Titanfall console.
Where is the option for not getting the game? I picked the Standard Edition but I really will not be getting this game. 343i pretty much ruined the Halo series for me after Halo 4.
Standard version and after it goes on sale, definitely not a day one purchase.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account