2016 Microsoft E3

Gaming Chat

Found 28 posts - Go to Last Post

Now that the conference is over, what are your thoughts on what was shown?
I'm glad to see new Live features like LFG, and there are several indie games like Below that I want to see more of. Perhaps some of the biggest news was the Xbox One S as well as the Scorpio discussion. The massive push for a cross-platform environment is really positive as well.
Overall, I love how MS has continued to stick to emphasizing games and features above all else, and I believe this approach is going benefit them in the long run.
Oh shit, that was today? Damn now I have to go home and watch it.
Interesting that the XboneS has abandoned the Kinect.

No Kinect Port on the console body.
IR Blaster moved to the console body.
IR Blaster port (for extended reach IR Blasters) moved to the console.

With the forced integration of Cortana with the new dashboard, I assume we will find the console has some level of microphone on it, too.
Last edited 06-13-2016 at 10:35 PM by futiles.
Am I the only one who has little interest in the virtual reality stuff? I don't know why, but it just does nothing for me.
Reading around, some places are saying the X1S WILL be a 4K Blu-ray player, which would be cool, since 4K Blu-ray players are $300 by themselves, without any add-on features like playing games or STB pass through...
Interesting that the XboneS has abandoned the Kinect.

No Kinect Port on the console body.
IR Blaster moved to the console body.
IR Blaster port (for extended reach IR Blasters) moved to the console.

With the forced integration of Cortana with the new dashboard, I assume we will find the console has some level of microphone on it, too.
Originally Posted by futiles
Interesting... I wonder if they will create an adapter or kinect is officially dead.

For $299, if I could get a good trade in on my old One, and justify the 2TB drive as a $100 add on, then the upgrade price wouldn't be that much. Probably better to save my, "You bought another console" look from my wife for the full deal next year...
Am I the only one who has little interest in the virtual reality stuff? I don't know why, but it just does nothing for me.
Originally Posted by DomeJohnny
I'm with you here. I could care less about VR. It's the next Kinect as far as I am concerned. There is a big fuss about it now because it's new. I'll say it again, give me a Holodeck or nothing at all.
Oh shit, that was today? Damn now I have to go home and watch it.
Originally Posted by Kaens
ohhh...me too...
Interesting... I wonder if they will create an adapter or kinect is officially dead.

For $299, if I could get a good trade in on my old One, and justify the 2TB drive as a $100 add on, then the upgrade price wouldn't be that much. Probably better to save my, "You bought another console" look from my wife for the full deal next year...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
There has been a confirmed adapter, but, unless it packages with the console, the Kinect is dead. Just not buried, yet.

NEVER spend $100 on an internal 1.5 TB, not worth it.

Spend $30 more, and get 4TB external, instead:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-my-bo...&skuId=1766068
Last edited 06-14-2016 at 03:54 AM by futiles.
Reading around, some places are saying the X1S WILL be a 4K Blu-ray player, which would be cool, since 4K Blu-ray players are $300 by themselves, without any add-on features like playing games or STB pass through...
Well, MS confirms it IS a 4K/UHD Blu-ray player. Sold.
Can you transfer/re download all arcade/console games from your original Xbone? If you can then I'm sold.

Bonus if you can get your old save files.

However as nice as this sounds, I think MS was outclassed by Sony again this year.
Can you transfer/re download all arcade/console games from your original Xbone? If you can then I'm sold.

Bonus if you can get your old save files.

However as nice as this sounds, I think MS was outclassed by Sony again this year.
Originally Posted by WolfWood37
Your saves are on the cloud, already. So, that already works.

You already can redownload all games, too.

I have 3 Xbones. I have all games downloaded on all consoles. I play for an hour on the console in the den, I stop, go to the bedroom, and continue playing, exactly where I left off, automatically, without effort.

Maybe I am missing what you are asking. But, with Xbone and Xbone S being the same core OS, I would entirely expect to buy new console, unplug 4TB external from Xbone L, plug into Xbone S, and play. Much like at Achievement Fest, I unplug 4TB external from futiles's Xbone and plug into Hotdog's Xbone, and my games are sitting right there waiting for me.

If you are asking about moving the console's DRM rights from one to the other, that is already an option. In the dashboard, under Settings -> Personalization -> My Home Xbox. Setting an Xbox to your "Home" Xbox makes all of your content work on that console offline and for any other user on that console. If you are a gold subscriber, it gives everyone on that console use of gold features (online play and whatnot).
Last edited 06-14-2016 at 01:19 PM by futiles.
I'm in no rush to get an Xbox One S, and I am interested in getting another Xbox One to get a Blu-Ray player in the family room (All consoles are in the media room). I won't buy one on day one, I'll wait to get more info on Scorpio and maybe some special edition S consoles. But yeah, the 4K Blu-Ray player makes this very attractive.
Well, MS confirms it IS a 4K/UHD Blu-ray player. Sold.
Saw that. I'm wondering if the STB pass through supports 4K. It should, if it's a 4K player, but never know. I was going to hold out for the Scorpio to pick up a 2nd one, but I think my HDMI out is dying on the one I have now, so may need to do something sooner.
There has been a confirmed adapter, but, unless it packages with the console, the Kinect is dead. Just not buried, yet.

NEVER spend $100 on an internal 1.5 TB, not worth it.

Spend $30 more, and get 4TB external, instead:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-my-bo...&skuId=1766068
There is an adapter that MS will provide for free, the Kinect cable plugs into the adapter, which provides power and plus in USB.

And about the HDD? Dead on. External USB 3.0 hard drive, SSD preferable is faster than internal storage, unless they updated that in the S model.

If I needed to replace my One, the S would be excellent, but for now, I just wait for Project Scorpio. Now to get a new TV first, then convince the wife we need it. I might have to get my kids with their puppy-dog eyes to help on that one.

EDIT: Tom Warren on the Kinect adapter with pic: https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/742690904427925504
I'm with you here. I could care less about VR. It's the next Kinect as far as I am concerned. There is a big fuss about it now because it's new. I'll say it again, give me a Holodeck or nothing at all.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Of course, we'll never reach the Holodeck level of technology if we don't start somewhere. The Kinect, PlayStation Move, and VR setups seem like a good start to testing those technologies so as to eventually move to holodeck levels. But, hey, that's just my opinion.
Of course, we'll never reach the Holodeck level of technology if we don't start somewhere. The Kinect, PlayStation Move, and VR setups seem like a good start to testing those technologies so as to eventually move to holodeck levels. But, hey, that's just my opinion.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Nope, Marvz wants in-achievable leaps in technology without effort.
Nope, Marvz wants in-achievable leaps in technology without effort.
Or does he want in-"achievement" leaps, LOL. Yes, I'm well aware it was a bad joke and I still made it anyway. Lol
Your saves are on the cloud, already. So, that already works.

You already can redownload all games, too.

I have 3 Xbones. I have all games downloaded on all consoles. I play for an hour on the console in the den, I stop, go to the bedroom, and continue playing, exactly where I left off, automatically, without effort.

Maybe I am missing what you are asking. But, with Xbone and Xbone S being the same core OS, I would entirely expect to buy new console, unplug 4TB external from Xbone L, plug into Xbone S, and play. Much like at Achievement Fest, I unplug 4TB external from futiles's Xbone and plug into Hotdog's Xbone, and my games are sitting right there waiting for me.

If you are asking about moving the console's DRM rights from one to the other, that is already an option. In the dashboard, under Settings -> Personalization -> My Home Xbox. Setting an Xbox to your "Home" Xbox makes all of your content work on that console offline and for any other user on that console. If you are a gold subscriber, it gives everyone on that console use of gold features (online play and whatnot).
I'll rephrase. For 360 I upgraded from an original to a slim I had to buy a harddrive transfer device to transfer to the new harddrive.

With the Xbone, the harddrives are internal and I haven't been using an Extenal USB harddrive. I wasn't sure if there was a way to transfer all my games and save data with the hard drives being internal. Plus Xbone and Slim do have some differences and I remembered something about DRM rights too and was just plain confused. This clears things up thanks Futiles.
I'll rephrase. For 360 I upgraded from an original to a slim I had to buy a harddrive transfer device to transfer to the new external harddrive.

With the Xbone, the harddrives are internal and I haven't been using an Extenal USB harddrive. I wasn't sure if there was a way to transfer all my games and save data with the hard drives being internal. Plus Xbone and Slim do have some differences and I remembered something about DRM rights too and was just plain confused. This clears things up thanks Futiles.
Originally Posted by WolfWood37
NP, and you can transfer stuff on your internal to an external. I won't say "easily" nor is it "difficult" really.

Just awkward and time consuming. It really needs a "Move All" but you have to select each game and move one-by-one. So, when I got my drive with 20 things installed, it was OK. If I did it now with 200+ things installed, it would be a major pain in the ass.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account