Newest Xbox One Preview Update

Xbox One / Series X|S

The most recent build of the dashboard preview broke digital backwards compatibility. It appears that all/most titles have a slight update (literally just a few MBs) before they will launch. The preview dashboard does not recognize the updater, fails to launch it, and then tells you that you don't have rights to the game. :/

That is somewhat frustrating, since I have been practicing Geometry Wars on my X1 in the living room each day.
Hard reset? I haven't heard that issue yet.
Hard reset? I haven't heard that issue yet.
Originally Posted by dieselv2
It is in the preview forum. And do you really mean "hard reset" or just a "restart" to the system?

I did a restart, which usually clears most issues, but not this one.

A hard reset clears all data and associations off the console, and while I only have 28 apps on the internal drive, I would rather not go through the process of re-downloading and setting up my layout without confirmed knowledge that it will work.
They just released a hot fix, specifically to correct this issue, and now I am good to go.
When is this scheduled to go live? I left preview programme when went through a period of not using Xbox a year or 2 ago.
When is this scheduled to go live? I left preview programme when went through a period of not using Xbox a year or 2 ago.
they said on E3 that it would go live perhaps end of summer, and then we get LFG and Clubs aswell (still yet to be released on preview)
What exactly are the "Clubs" going to do? I know they talked all about them, and compared to another company's feature, but, I was not familiar with it. I don't get what clubs is going to do.
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/...ng-for-groups/

I still don't get it. Microsoft raised the friend limit from a ridiculous 100 to an outright batshit crazy 1000, and people are having trouble managing that, so, they need "Clubs" to help?

Maybe it just doesn't fit my personality, but, I cannot see myself hunting through available clubs looking for like-minded assholes.
So we'd have a GTN club with a set list of people that can play with each other?
So we'd have a GTN club with a set list of people that can play with each other?
yeah its like that, or a club for players that are forza fans, its basically a club for those with similar interest, like Forza Sweden, a club for forza players from sweden,

LFG is what it sounds like, you make a post what you are looking for, for an example "Looking for help with Halo 5 Legendary Co-op", and then players who wants to help can accept it
LFG makes perfect sense. I get that entirely.

Clubs makes no sense, to me.
LFG makes perfect sense. I get that entirely.

Clubs makes no sense, to me.
Originally Posted by futiles
I maxed my original hundred in the first year of Xbox. Even now it's a problem because unless people are there they don't see me in some mobile games, thus being #156 doesn't help. I like the idea of clubs very much, and I want a note field I can make on friends tabs so I can remember who they are. Hard when people I don't talk to day to day change their gamertag after 7 years for me to remember wtf they are.
I maxed my original hundred in the first year of Xbox. Even now it's a problem because unless people are there they don't see me in some mobile games, thus being #156 doesn't help. I like the idea of clubs very much, and I want a note field I can make on friends tabs so I can remember who they are. Hard when people I don't talk to day to day change their gamertag after 7 years for me to remember wtf they are.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I guess that is just where we differ. My friendlist was 44 people last night, and I deleted 5. So, 100 will never be even close to full, much less 1000. If I cannot identify from memory who is on my list and why, I usually drop them. In fact, you are one of 3 on my list that I have not had the pleasure to meet in person, yet.
I guess that is just where we differ. My friendlist was 44 people last night, and I deleted 5. So, 100 will never be even close to full, much less 1000. If I cannot identify from memory who is on my list and why, I usually drop them. In fact, you are one of 3 on my list that I have not had the pleasure to meet in person, yet.
Originally Posted by futiles
That's very kind of you, I assure you I am nothing special.
You were more special than the other 3 people he dumped last night that he also hadn't met personally.
@futiles: You're right: The store is a mess.
Originally Posted by Streak Leader
Oh, and if you buy anything in the store, on a console, during the preview, it only works ON THAT CONSOLE. So, if you buy on a preview console, it will NOT work on a secondary console, for now. SO dumb.
You were more special than the other 3 people he dumped last night that he also hadn't met personally.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Well, I have freely admitted in the past, I am an asshole. I drop people without a second thought. I also add people back all the time, when I am going to be playing or working with them on something.

Of course, some people bitch and moan and publicly complain about getting dropped or ignored, and they become banned for life.

(This applies to not only my XBL Friendlist, but Facebook and real life. Even with people I am "related" to.)
The store is GOD awful on the preview. They added a completely laggy and unneeded GUI for apps/games. The box to actually purchase is buried on the page.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account