Gunstringer: Dead Man Running

Gaming Chat

Found 10 posts - Go to Last Post

Anyone still playing?

I started this way back in Aug 2014 then set it aside until Oct 2016 where I played for a day. Finally in Oct 2017 I tried to complete what was left for obtainables.

Specific questions:
1. Can anyone still send challenges? Every time I try, it gives me an error that I am not connected to the internet. (I don't need to send challenges anymore, but I do need to receive them.)
a. From others on TA, this appears to now be unobtainable. No one that replied could successfully send challenges anymore.
2. Is it truly possibly to do the Endless Run achievements without any Continues? I've gotten to 15,000 meters in 1 run but I struggle after that. For the other 5 endless runs achievements, I don't even get to half. I feel like even though these are "technically" obtainable, realistically, I don't have a shot without getting any Continues.
3. For Canyon (World 1), level 4, I cannot get any power-ups to appear. I've only unlocked the Slow Time one, and for all the other 14 levels it shows up so I can get the badge. But on this 1 level, no power-up ever appears. I found a YouTube video of someone running it, but they were getting some kind of freeze power-up. Not sure if that is required for this run, but I wouldn't think so. Any thoughts or ideas on this one? Once I solve it, I can get the achievement for having all badges.

Thanks,
Jeff
I haven't tried this in a long time. If I remember correctly, I had trouble sending challenges, too.
Challenges and purchases no longer work at all Frown

Unfortunately, that leaves me a terrible completion percentage on this game.
Same here. :-( I currently have 8 of the 20 achievements. Of the remaining 12, 5 are confirmed unobtainable; 6 could be unobtainable depending on issue #2 above; and 1 could be unobtainable depending on issue #3 above. If anyone can confirm my theories, then all remaining 12 are unobtainable and I can set the game aside. :-)
i cant even find a place to redownload the game from my past downloads because I had it on my old laptop that got broken Frown
update I was able to find it again and download I can launch the game and play but I can not send challenges or connect to the store
update I was able to find it again and download I can launch the game and play but I can not send challenges or connect to the store
Originally Posted by DXU
Anything requiring connectivity no longer works. I'm surprised you were able to download it again since its been delisted.
Anything requiring connectivity no longer works. I'm surprised you were able to download it again since its been delisted.
Originally Posted by pTartTX
its weird when i searched from the store myself i couldn't find it but going from the game page on this site to the store it came up
Thanks everyone for the responses. Based on forums over on xboxachievements.com, plus responses here and TA.com, I am going to consider everything else unobtainable for me. Sounds like you need 50-60 continues to have a shot at the endless run and since I have 0 and cannot buy anymore, I don't see it happening.
Played the first one on the PS2 ages ago. And recently tried to get it up and running via an emulator on my PC. Loved that game and I am most definitely getting it when the new one comes out. It looks so good.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account