Found 8 posts - Go to Last Post

I joined about a month ago and have been lurking in the shadows. I am not overly outgoing so I tend to avoid 'me too' posts and only reply to something if I feel I have something new to add. This place kind of feels like the old 3FS which is probably the most active I have ever been on a forum.

I don't play online much but that is mostly due to not have much of a friends list(on XB1 I follow more than follow me and on 360 my FL has like 12 people in it and most haven't logged in for months). I am not much of a competitive person as far a direct competition goes so if I do play online I prefer co-op games/modes.

I hope to be somewhat active here, although that will probably be determined more by what others post than me since I rarely create threads(except on 3FS since I posted news there). I would like to change that but I have to feel comfortable with a group before I just start posting stuff asking for opinions or making polls(I didn't start posting news on 3FS for a few months).
I don't play online much but that is mostly due to not have much of a friends list(on XB1 I follow more than follow me and on 360 my FL has like 12 people in it and most haven't logged in for months). I am not much of a competitive person as far a direct competition goes so if I do play online I prefer co-op games/modes.
Originally Posted by Johndg
Welcome to GTN! I can completely relate to your play style! I think deathmatch is the worst thing in gaming. I love coop, but rarely play because of family obligations make it hard to commit to another person online. I look forward to voting in your polls and glad to have more active people to have discussions with here.

IF you are an old man (like me) join my 40+ leaderboard! If you are younger, someone else made some for the kids to play in Wink
About to turn 35 so not quite old enough for a 40+ leaderboard. I lost interest in competitive around the time XBL got infested with the yellers/bad winners/teenagers - lower 20 year olds. I remember the XBL beta and the first years being much more civil which is when I would still play competitive games(don't think most people on there now know how to say good game after a match win or lose). Now the community just seems so negative I won't play with someone I don't know or someone I know has on their FL(basically I avoid matchmaking even for co-op experiences).
welcome to gtn n if u need a co op buddy let me know
You're slightly younger than me, but similar experience. I remember Halo 2 being what changed LIVE. The Clancy games had been great.
Welcome to GTN, I'm glad to see you decided to test the waters here and I'm sure you'll find our community a bit more mature and to your liking. Of course you'll still have to be on the look out for my dry and often misunderstood humor...but I won't poke too much fun at you until I get to know ya! BTW I'm 40 and love the aspect of all kinds of gaming, but not the childish nonsense you speak of either I hate that and that's what drove me to this particular community. So far so good and I plan to help keep it that way.

As for getting into discussions with relevant postings, I applaud that and I certainly hope to see more of your post feel free to add to the community because that's what community does, don't be afraid to voice your opinion, hot everyone may agree but hey at least we may get another view on things.

If you need anything, besides a a bagel with cheese, feel free to ask.. I'll certainly try my best to help and while your at it, why not promote out little community to other like minded gamers from around the web, just don't spam...people dint like that. Smile

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account