Milestones (Stats and Leaderboards)

Feature Requests

Found 9 posts - Go to Last Post

Started
Since I've been grinding pretty hard this week going for that 10k in a week badge, I've been spending a lot of time looking at my stats. I think it would be cool, and minus the offline scoring, could be done here is having your milestones. Me personally, I think only the 100k increments counts, but others probably want smaller checkpoints. I track my own in a Google doc (previously linked) and I keep track of how many days it was between those checkpoints.

You could build site leaderboards for order people hit 100k, 200k, etc and you could also do fastest 100k or #k increments. I dunno, would save me the trouble but I don't know how many other people care.
Goods idea, I don't like the idea of ever 5k or even 10k, but could get behind every 50 or 100k.. Actually I like the 100k marker myself..but then again if you think about it, the badges kinda cover this.
The badges don't cover this at all. Great, I have a badge that says I hit 100k, but it doesn't say I achieved that on August 3, 2007 or that it took me 619 days. Having a 250k badge in no way shows that I slowed down big time between 200 & 300k and that 100k increase took me 910 days.

My fastest 100k was actually my last, going from 300 to 400 in 'just' 524 days. I'm positive there are people who have hit 100k in just a few months, and to my knowledge no site shows that view. TA has milestones, but I can't look at them in any interesting ways. The site formerly known as x360a has those threads tracking when various site members hit specific milestones, but those assume everyone started at same time so there is no real comparison to be had.
Last edited 02-20-2014 at 11:09 AM by Kaens.
Ok valid point, I Think maybe a personal stat could be worked in there somewhere on your personal page, maybe even a compare with option. The only problem I see here for a site leader board, is the offline gained achievements. This could mess up the actual times, unless it was tracked by date scanned to site. This could be a ver fun stat...
Ok valid point, I Think maybe a personal stat could be worked in there somewhere on your personal page, maybe even a compare with option. The only problem I see here for a site leader board, is the offline gained achievements. This could mess up the actual times, unless it was tracked by date scanned to site. This could be a ver fun stat...
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Yeah the offline gaming is a real problem that would have to be solved. I have thought about this and I think the only fair way of doing it is add all of the offline points to the day you first synced up with GTN. Anything before that Eric has no idea when those points where earned. Naturally this means the milestones you hit before joining the site could be wrong, but going forward shouldn't be a problem unless you were offline on the day you earned it.

Now the more you score offline, the farther off your milestones would be, but that's kinda your own fault for playing offline and not having timestamps! I have less than 7000 offline points, which is about 2% of my total points. I personally get pissed every time I earn an achievement and I didn't realize I was offline.
Me too, I don't quite have that many off line, just the ones prior to me really finding out about boosting and the such..
I'm hoping to add a milestones tab to the Stats page. This is being tested now, so once the bugs have been ironed out, then this will be ready. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll let you guys know once this is ready to go live.
Ah nice is happening then! Well done Eric, thank you!

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account