Removing Gamerscore cheaters?

Feature Requests

Found 32 posts - Go to Last Post

Remove gamerscore cheaters from the leaderboards?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 9 (81.82%) Yes

× 2 (18.18%) No

• Added 01-23-2015 04:07 PM
  • 11 votes
heinous
[ ˈhānəs ]
ADJECTIVE
(of a person or wrongful act, especially a crime) utterly odious or wicked:
"a battery of heinous crimes"

Quite frankly, I can think of things far worse than Gamerscore cheating to be considered "heinous". Of course, if you want to think of something as inherently pointless as Gamerscore cheating as a "heinous" act, I can't stop you. I don't see the point in cheating, but I cannot stop others from doing so. If they do, it does not affect me, unless they are cheating in a multiplayer environment thus making my gameplay experience less than it should be. As far as leaderboards, if that's your thing, ok, but Gamerscore and the leaderboards associated with them really don't matter all that much. It's like "Whose Line Is It Anyways?" ... "the show where everything's made up and the points don't matter".
Who are you to say that something isn't heinous? It hurt me and it clearly hurt N0 Scope enough that he felt the need to ask about it. From the way you're acting about it you're giving off a vibe that you have probably tampered with your gamerscore in some way and are afraid that if a policy was put into place that you would face removal from the site.
You are kinda siding with gamerscore cheaters with your opposition of a policy which does indeed ruin your integrity.
Originally Posted by Langhostio
Well, I am someone that speaks the English language, and I know the definition of heinous, and that doesn't fit. I really don't give a shit if someone has cheated, but, I do detest witch hunters. In fact, your statement is the exact reason I detest witch hunters. I am pretty well documented on that. If Eric wants to and does make a policy, and determines how he wants to enforce it, sweet. But, he has not shown any interest yet, and it appears pointless to keep on about it.
Think we may be going off topic a little..
What would you guys think if we had a poll to see what the general consensus of the site is about this?
What would you guys think if we had a poll to see what the general consensus of the site is about this?
Originally Posted by II N0 Scope45 I
No more off topic than y'all earlier. He is still doing his "oh look at me, I am causing controversy on the internet by intentionally trying to make people think I am arguing and fighting" schtick.

Make a poll, but, just remember, even if every member of the site voted, and every single member voted for banning cheaters, and Eric doesn't care, you are still where you are at now...
if someone has been proven to have cheated and their GS has been reset by MS their live score would reflect this so nothing needs to be done here.
if someone has been proven to have cheated and their GS has been reset by MS their live score would reflect this so nothing needs to be done here.
Originally Posted by Sith Rick
Well, that would be intelligent...

Except, you are getting the "TA Syndrome" here, that Microsoft does not understand what "real cheating" is, and we can do a better job policing them out of our community.
Well, that would be intelligent...

Except, you are getting the "TA Syndrome" here, that Microsoft does not understand what "real cheating" is, and we can do a better job policing them out of our community.
Originally Posted by futiles
Microsoft don't even reset gamerscores much anymore and I don't think they really care anymore anyway. If you look at the leaderboards at least 2 out of the top 20 have unlocked about 500k gamerscore on one day, which if MS still cared they would have been reset along time ago.
Apparently the second chance was squandered and instead of more insightful intelligent opinions on either side of this argument, we get a full blown elementary school yard name calling fight which serves no purpose and that is why I'm re closing this thread.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account