Pick The NBA Title, Damnit

Sports

Found 21 posts - Go to Last Post

Who do you think will win, eh?

I'm going to pick a name out of a hat and say the Hornets. Because honestly, why the hell not?

I love you Mavs,
Your greatest fan though probably far from it.
as a Suns fan, i believe they will. they've been edged out for one reason or another the last couple years, but they definitely deserve it. i'm only disappointed that Marion won't be a part of it if they do.
The Suns are a remarkable team. They always have been and with Shaq, God only knows what's in store for the franchise.

I'm really curious how the east will shape up though. It will be a very interesting playoffs to say the least.

P.S. Go Mavs! Smile
the east is garbage, you don't have to be nice about it.
Now that the Mavericks are out (and early like last year), I'm looking forward to the upcoming semifinals and conference finals in the West. Hornets and Spurs: Come on, that HAS to be exciting. Though, I'd love to see a Hornets and Suns matchup too.

Im curious who Dallas will hire to replace Avery Johnson though. We need a freakin' title already.
The Suns are due for it. I actually really don't mind who wins it in the West as long as it's not the Spurs or the Lakers. I'm not a fan of repetition. Frown
Last edited 05-01-2008 at 07:13 PM by GTN Eric. Reason: Wow.. Read your post wrong at first
ROCKETS BABY! WOOT WOOT! =D I hope they win. >3 or die trying. <.< >.> <.> xD
ROCKETS BABY! WOOT WOOT! =D I hope they win. >3 or die trying. <.< >.> <.> xD
Originally Posted by JasonCh444
They definitely died trying. Frown

The Spurs are getting rocked by the Hornets and I'm loving it. Not because I am a Hornets fan, I just hate (to say it nicely) the Spurs.
They definitely died trying. Frown

The Spurs are getting rocked by the Hornets and I'm loving it. Not because I am a Hornets fan, I just hate (to say it nicely) the Spurs.
Originally Posted by Eric
*nods* ohh god yes i hate the spurs since they won too many titles. and poor rockets. ;_; but w/e go celtics and or lakers.. sadly. ;_;
I wanted the Magic to win, but they were elminated, so I am pulling for the Celtics to win.
I wanted the Magic to win, but they were elminated, so I am pulling for the Celtics to win.
Originally Posted by thaskizz
I was actually hoping that Lebron and the Cavs could pull it out in Game 7 but the Celtics ended up taking the series yesterday. I'm excited about the Spurs and Hornets came tonight though. Hornets better win. :cheers:
So it looks like the title is up to the Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics. Who do you think will win and in how many games?

I want to say the Lakers in 5. I hope the Lakers win anyway. Kobe Bryant is the best basketball player of this decade so how about another title? :cheers:
hah, Spurs will never win two in a row. this pleases me, if nothing else.
i'd like to see KG pick up a title though. it'd be a great finish after an impressive season for the Celtics too.
Well it looks like Boston was able to finish the series in 6 games. It's hard to not give Boston what they deserve after watching the Lakers lose a 20+ lead in the series and then completely fall apart last night. Props, Boston, props.
the Lakers love setting records. i recall the Suns handing them their greatest halftime deficit in a postseason one year. it was quite nice.
Living in England this entire thread means nothing to me.

I'm sure Billy feels the same way.
I really hate being a sports fan around this time of the year. No football and no basketball, only baseball. I cannot stand baseball so I can only look forward to the start of the football season for now.
Maybe if the teams strengths and weaknesses were explained for those non USA people, we might understand... so far as I can tell, some teams arent the favourites as they're repeated world champs, and there's a team called "The Lakers"

I really wish I understood the NBA... It sounds fascinating.
The NBA stands for National Basketball Association so it is our basketball league here in the USA. We also have a Toronto, Canada team in the league, despite the rest of the teams being from the US. Anyway, the Lakers are from Los Angeles and the Celtics, despite the name, are from Boston. I'm not sure if the UK has a basketball league since soccer/football is so big over there. I don't know why basketball never seemed to catch on like it did over here. Was there no coverage of the NBA finals over there?

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account