Adoption of Xbox Series X|S in 2021

Gaming Chat

Found 12 posts - Go to Last Post

Featured Poll

Do you plan on buying an Xbox Series X|S this year?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 12 (52.17%) Yes, already have it

× 5 (21.74%) Yes, eventually (once in stock, can afford it, etc)

× 3 (13.04%) No

× 3 (13.04%) Undecided

• Added 08-05-2021 12:18 PM
  • 23 votes
It's no secret that the newest generation of consoles are lagging a bit behind in terms of overall availability since their launch late last year, so I'm curious how many of you fine people have already made the jump or are interested in upgrading to the Xbox Series X|S in the next year.

Let's get it started – here's this month's featured poll for August! Get those votes in and let's open the discussion.
I think eventually I will, i'm in no rush though. There are no games exclusive to the X|S and no games that would compel me to get it. Also I don't see any consoles for sale in stores.

If consoles are still scarce by the end of the year, do you extend the timeframe on the badge? Right now that is kinda the only reason I would get one, lol.

I'm kidding

or am I...
I managed to snag one while I was working in Georgia during the holidays, but I have barely used it yet. Mostly for double boxing achievements and to get the Early Adopter badge lol
If consoles are still scarce by the end of the year, do you extend the timeframe on the badge?
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
It's possible, though I would highly doubt I'd extend that badge. I think saying you got a Series X|S in its first year is worthy of a badge on its own.
i managed to grab one of gamestops bundles that included 2 years of game pass ultimate
I've had a Series X since Christmas, but looking at the Early Adopter qualified games, it's not likely I'll get that badge. The only game I'd consider playing is Madden, since I can get that from Ultimate.
I think I'm content with PC and One - One for media and movies and PC for games
I simply can't find one in stock.

Will get one when I find one.
I'm leaning towards not getting the newest generation this year, as I didn't purchase the previous two generations of Xbox consoles until they had been out for at least a year.
I'm leaning towards not getting the newest generation this year, as I didn't purchase the previous two generations of Xbox consoles until they had been out for at least a year.
Originally Posted by Dvader83
I'd say you made the right call. I have an X, and the faster load times are definitely nice, but I've had mine since launch day, and I think I'll easily cross the 1 year mark without having seen any upside significant enough to have justified the price tag. The Medium is the only game that is a generation exclusive that I've even bothered with, and even that was only worth it through Game Pass. I'd never suggest that anyone buy that one outright, at least not until it goes on sale.
I simply can't find one in stock.

Will get one when I find one.
Originally Posted by Nod Nolan
Can confirm "Yes, eventually (once in stock, can afford it, etc)" held true.

Finally found one, I will no longer have my children ribbing me that they can play things like Flight Simulator and I cant.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account