Achievement Fest 2017

General Chat

www.achievementfest.com/seating

You know, if you were interested. If you register, or if you have any registration questions, let me know.
I hate WordPress. Marking old information in the site as complete from last year, and just cleaning up some behind the scenes tasks, it looks like it may have e-mailed out to people.

Please ignore those old e-mails. WordPress is so dumb sometimes.
And registered because once you attend you always come back. Most of the time *
And registered because once you attend you always come back. Most of the time *
Originally Posted by Mightymango
YAY!!! Sorry "Special Guest" bumped you out of the White Room, but, Red Room is going to be good too.
Any hotel deals? Yet this year? Or B&Bs in the area?
Any hotel deals? Yet this year? Or B&Bs in the area?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Not yet. I have Extra Life United this week, I fly tomorrow and return Sunday. After ELU, I call about hotels.
I'll be there. Just working on details to bring a friend along. He wants time away from the kids. I told him to bring them, to which he replied hell no.

I'll be signed up as soon as those details are worked out. Whether I drive or fly depends on if he is going or not and the dates. I plan for the usual 5 day+, but will see.

Edit: Futiles, while you are checking, try Candlewood Suites. I stayed there last year for the same price as the quality inn people. It's a bit further away in the downtown area, but was a 3* instead of 2 or 2.5 that Quality Inn was. May not be as lucky to get it this year as it was just a random "Name Your Price" shot at Priceline that I got it for that price.
I'll be there. Just working on details to bring a friend along. He wants time away from the kids. I told him to bring them, to which he replied hell no.

I'll be signed up as soon as those details are worked out. Whether I drive or fly depends on if he is going or not and the dates. I plan for the usual 5 day+, but will see.

Edit: Futiles, while you are checking, try Candlewood Suites. I stayed there last year for the same price as the quality inn people. It's a bit further away in the downtown area, but was a 3* instead of 2 or 2.5 that Quality Inn was. May not be as lucky to get it this year as it was just a random "Name Your Price" shot at Priceline that I got it for that price.
Originally Posted by griffey95
Thanks. This ended up being a busy week, including a convention today (Dallas Fan Expo) that was not on my convention/festival schedule to start the year. However, it was an extremely productive week for me, and hopefully, I will have photos to show in a month!!!

I will call Candlewood Suites, too.
I'll be arriving in Indy 10:45am Thursday, have to be back at the airport Monday by 10am. If you need a ride and you are close to these times either way, let me know.
I'll be arriving in Indy 10:45am Thursday, have to be back at the airport Monday by 10am. If you need a ride and you are close to these times either way, let me know.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Might want to start a thread for arrivals/departures. Going to look at flights again in the next couple of days. Was hoping prices would drop a little, but doesn't look like it.
Might want to start a thread for arrivals/departures. Going to look at flights again in the next couple of days. Was hoping prices would drop a little, but doesn't look like it.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
Still about a month early to book flights. Usually the sweet spot is 6 weeks out for the best deals.
Still about a month early to book flights. Usually the sweet spot is 6 weeks out for the best deals.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Booked today, there was only one seat left on the flight there I wanted. Much more expensive this year for whatever reason. Had been dropping in price every year, until this year. Been watching prices for awhile, and booked last year's flights about 2 weeks ago. Almost double this year what I paid last year for the same flights. My times don't really sync up well with Fsh's, but they're the same flights I've taken the last few years.

Arrive Thurs - 2:07
Depart Mon - 2:40 (need to be there by 12:40ish)
Just booked/paid for my 5 day pass as well. Just hotel left to take care of now.
I saw this post and got super excited!!!...Then I google mapped it lol. It would be a 16 hour drive from me. I can't swing it this year but hopefully if you guys do one next year I will be in a much better position. I have gone to several Lan events and competitions in my Counter-Strike days. I miss them a lot, maybe I can get something going here in Texas and get all you guys out this way so we can have 2 events a year. If you guys make a Xbox party online and have some open spots count me in!!.
I saw this post and got super excited!!!...Then I google mapped it lol. It would be a 16 hour drive from me. I can't swing it this year but hopefully if you guys do one next year I will be in a much better position. I have gone to several Lan events and competitions in my Counter-Strike days. I miss them a lot, maybe I can get something going here in Texas and get all you guys out this way so we can have 2 events a year. If you guys make a Xbox party online and have some open spots count me in!!.
Originally Posted by GrimSince84
Where in Texas? Some of us do PAX South...
That's Within driving distance, I'm in Houston. This is the first I had heard of PAX South. I just looked up the website looks awesome. I have a I.T shop here so I could possibly get a Fri-Sun event going sometime. I will definitely go to PAX next time its in town, Thanks for shedding light on that.
Hmmmmmmm.......
Originally Posted by pTartTX
Come back!!!! Something went wrong with our banner...
The pTarts are officially coming to Achievement Fest 2017!!!!! We bought our passes today! Big Grin
So I'm about 50/50 on going this year. Frown Just trying to figure out the money situation.

How are you guys getting to/from Indy? Are you guys renting a car or uber?

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account