Trueachievements Ratio

Gaming Chat

Found 8 posts - Go to Last Post

Do you care more about having a higher ta ratio or raising your gamerscore and completion percentage by completing easy games? With all the quick easy titles constantly coming out, it can be hard to avoid playing them. When I started my profile, I focused mainly on increasing my gamerscore. My completion percentage is at 88% but since I've played a lot of easy games lately, my ta ratio has tanked to a low 1.23. Lately I've been thinking of taking a different approach and playing lengthier, and harder games to raise that ratio but unfortunately it will take a while for me to do that. I'm almost thinking of starting a new profile from scratch and playing differently. Another reason part of me would like to start fresh is bc of the few ghost games that are cluttering my profile that I haven't started and don't plan to. But then when I look at the games I have completed and the time it took to do so it makes starting a new profile seem a little daunting. Not sure which I should do. I should just play whatever and not let it bother me but for some reason it does. So which do you care about focusing on more? ta ratio, gamerscore, or completion percentage?
For me Gamerscore and completions over TA Ratio. Keep in mind that TA ratios continually will change as other gamers are starting and finishing games you have played.

I am sure like most people you do have some tough completions on your gamertag. It might even be a badge of honor for putting in the time. Do you really want to start over and play those games again. Unless you really like them and want to. There will always be new games coming out that will peek your interests. Your gaming life is your gaming life. I say continue on your tag as is and don't worry about the ratio.
TA's ratios also don't take into account people who use glitches or boosting vs those who don't or games that make changes to how an achievement is earned.
You left off "just playing what looks fun and interesting."
I refuse to play Ratalaika. Them and a surge of copycat companies are using cash for achievements and all its doing is leech money from the industry rather than go to game companies that are looking to break new ground.

So for me its Ratio and TA diff.
I refuse to play Ratalaika. Them and a surge of copycat companies are using cash for achievements and all its doing is leech money from the industry rather than go to game companies that are looking to break new ground.

So for me its Ratio and TA diff.
Originally Posted by Nod Nolan
That is a fair point, might be why I don't buy many games any more myself. That is also why I consistently keep dropping in site rank. I was in the top 2000 at one point and now I am around 10Kish. Lol
It varies for me. I don't give half a shit about my overall ratio, but when I do complete a high ratio game, it's definitely a source of pride for me. I play whatever looks fun, but once I start it, I complete it if it's at all feasible, though I don't always complete it right away because I might want it hanging out on the back burner for a community event. But being a low ratio game doesn't matter at all to me. Even some of the Xtilion games are fun for me to play. Castle of No Escape for example, yeah it's garbage quality and not especially hard to beat, but it's still fun, kind of like loading up an old text-based game.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account