Found 6 posts - Go to Last Post

Starfield is kind of the next big game that I am looking forward to seeing, but with so many past games dropping the ball like Cyberpunk 2077, Halo Infiniate, and Battlefield 2042 (this list can go on and on) I am a little hesitant.

Does anyone think that they can deliver on their claims and make a great game?

Considering that Bethesda was recently acquired by Microsoft, they're going to need to show that the investment made was worth it.
Considering that Bethesda was recently acquired by Microsoft, they're going to need to show that the investment made was worth it.
Originally Posted by Dvader83
Microsoft has tons of money, that can't be the motivation right now. They need solid games, games that are great so that Sony doesn't eat their lunch.

I don't know this Todd guy, but others are questioning his ability to deliver on what he is saying. Apparently he has made big statements before. There is going to be 1000 planets and you can visit them all. Are we going to have just planets that are vast and just empty with nothing to do just to meet the statement.

Will there be enough to do in the game to keep you busy. I am looking forward to ship building.
I think they're building on positive elements of their previous games, but i can't really see it meeting the hype. I think it will be enjoyable, but without the longevity and following of Skyrim.
I'd expect the 1000 planets to be mostly spots for generic quests and base-building, but i wouldn't count on much else
Microsoft has tons of money, that can't be the motivation right now. They need solid games, games that are great so that Sony doesn't eat their lunch.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
I think you misunderstood what I was saying, that Bethesda needs to show that the investment Microsoft made in acquiring them was worth 60+ billion.
They bought Bethesda for 7.5 Billion and Activision of 65+ Billion. Regardless, I think a big chunk of the Bethesda's value was already in proven titles. So, Doom, Quake, Wolfenstein, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Dishonored, Rage, and Prey can all be added to Game Pass for more customers. Hopefully increasing their monthly subscription count.

Starfield is in the works and already being delayed till 2023, but if they can deliver at least a Fallout/Elder Scrolls level type of game set in a SciFi universe it will be pretty big. They could have a foot hold in 3 big genres.

But if they go the route that so many other developers have gone and release it, just so they can fix it later it will hurt their reputation as well as the hurt the industry further.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account