× 5 (16.13%) Gen 4: TurboGrafx-16, Sega Genesis, Neo Geo, SNES

× 1 (3.23%) Gen 5: Sega Saturn, PS1, N64

× 2 (6.45%) Gen 6: Sega Dreamcast, PS2, Game Cube, Xbox

× 3 (9.68%) Gen 7: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii

× 0 (0%) Gen 8: Wii U, PS4, XB1

× 0 (0%) Gen 9: Switch, PS5, Series X/S

• Added 07-01-2022 03:47 AM
  • 31 votes
Obviously we all play some sort of Xbox Console, but what console or generation was your first?
While I did have a Pong at one point (that was the first console that I had in my room as a teen / "tween"), the first console that our family had was the Atari 2600 (Gen 2). The first that I bought for myself was the SNES (Gen 4). I bought that with the first paycheck from my first real job in the 90s.
I wasn't entirely sure how to vote as the first console I played was the NES (Gen 3), but the first I owned was the N64 (Gen 5).
I had to vote NES since that was the first console that was in our household, but it was my brothers.

I played just about every console since one of my cousins would have them. So Atari, Colecovision, Intelivision, Sega, & Nintendos versions all come to mind. I however had a Commadore 64 with a bunch of pirated games as a teen.

I did buy a PS2 for to play GTA 3 and eventually moved on to the Xbox.
Gen 1 ol man here lol. Still own every console thats been made except the ps5 cant that 1 anywhere where i live
i remember playing pong but i believe we had the atari 2600 most of my consoles were hand me downs from my brother and i still have the super Nintendo, i believe the first console i bought on my own was the PlayStation
I remember playing Pong when I was very, very young on the TV, but had computer systems (Acorn Electron / Archimedes / A3000) until the Playstation release.
NES was my babysitter as a wee lad...Almost 40 now and still playing pretty much everyday...Mostly Xbox these days though because Gamepass is awesome.
Well, it looks like I should've checked the forums before posting my poll! Didn't mean to repeat the question!

Would you believe mine was the C64 :⁠-⁠D

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account