Would you play PlayStation Exclusives given the opportunity?

Gaming Chat

Found 10 posts - Go to Last Post

Are you interested in PlayStation Exclusives?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 6 (22.22%) Yes, I play them and love them

× 4 (14.81%) Yes, I play them and they're alright

× 11 (40.74%) I'd try them if offered the opportunity

× 0 (0%) No, I've played them and I'm not bothered

× 6 (22.22%) No, I have no interest in playing them

• Added 09-09-2022 11:53 AM
  • 27 votes
Purely out of curiosity.

Since both Xbox and PlayStation started to release their respective big hitters on PC through Steam, I wondered - given a decent gaming rig, would you play the exclusives of the "other" console?

Me personally, I'm glad to experience them - I've played Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War and Death Stranding so far.

My thoughts? God of War is great looking and has amazing boss fights, but it's very linear and run of the mill outside of those. Horizon Zero Dawn may be the most derivative game I've played. It's a good looking game, but it's essentially Ubisoft without parkour. Death Stranding is incredibly original, and I was LOVING the challenge until I unlocked the bike. Then it just became silly.

What struck me the most is how formulaic they are. Both GoW and H:ZD have almost identical in game menus and set ups, despite one being open and the other linear, from different developers and ported by different companies to PC.

PlayStation have always had one ace up their sleeve: The third person cinematic adventure. Thanks largely to Insomniac, their niche has become ubiquitous across PS games, it seems: Hi fidelity graphics, incredible polish, large budget, set-piece driven cinematic third person action adventures. Everything from Spiderman to Days Gone seems to follow their prescribed formula, and although I haven't played through the majority of the catalogue, already it's wearing thin. PlayStation games are the Marvel Phase 4 equivalent of gaming: All flashy and expensive, but without any real substance beyond the initial "wow-factor" to grab the kids' attention.

What do you think?

Last edited 09-16-2022 at 06:51 AM by C64 Mat.
I play all the ones I want to play. My PS5 (and all of it's prior siblings) have been for just that, especially with the giant, open world games (which I love). So, Spider-Man, Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone, Horizon...
I play all the ones I want to play. My PS5 (and all of it's prior siblings) have been for just that, especially with the giant, open world games (which I love). So, Spider-Man, Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone, Horizon...
Originally Posted by futiles
Thank you for replying! Don't forget to vote. Sounds like you're option 1 Smile
Last edited 09-16-2022 at 06:51 AM by C64 Mat.
Back in the days of the PS2, that was my primary console, but I've mostly gamed on xbox since then. I do have a PS4 (never had a 3) and own a couple of exclusive games for it: Spider-Man, Ratchet and Clank, Journey, God of War. I think I got the Nathan Drake collection for free during the COVID-19 lockdowns. I don't use it much.
Thank you for replying! Don't forget to vote. Sounds like you're option 1 Smile
Originally Posted by C64 Mat
Not really. I don't play all, nor do I love all...
If it wasn't for my backlog I could be more open to Playstation games. Last generation they certainly made all the new cool IPs where Xbox remade, remastered, and hardwared up (yeah this is not a word). Where were the stand out games on the Xbox? So, it could be fun to play some of these games, I am just not going to spend the money to do so.
The thing is i cant just buy a whole new console just to play some exclusives that's just waste of money and cant afford that personally.
The thing is i cant just buy a whole new console just to play some exclusives that's just waste of money and cant afford that personally.
Originally Posted by CrysisWarXX3
That is certainly a variable in my thinking as well. There are games coming down the pipe that will only be on the Series X, so I would rather get one of those over a Playstation.
I love my Series X, and have no desire to own a PS4/5 at all.
Last edited 09-12-2022 at 07:52 PM by C64 Mat.
I own every console, and i love all generations. One day im playing something on game pass next im going back to a Ps3 backlog or playing a ps5 game. I love the choices.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account