Catan Console Edition game announcement / teaser trailer

Gaming Chat

Found 11 posts - Go to Last Post

Ok board game enthusiasts and "Catan" / "Settlers of Catan" fans, a new console version of Catan is coming to Xbox One and Series X|S in 2023. From what you can see in the video, it appears to be more visually appealing than the 360 Arcade Catan game. It also appears that you can click a link to add this to your "Wishlist", but as of this post this is only possible to do for Playstation.

You can watch the announcement video here.
Here's the official website.
I really enjoyed the 360 game, funny that it took this long to develop it for the next gens. I am not to sure about all that water tho.
Last edited 10-07-2022 at 04:48 PM by MarvzMitts.
I am not to sure about the all that water tho.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Based on the reddit post on this (posted by the Developers with posts from them) I'm thinking the water is there in case they add the expansions later. The way the question about the expansions was answered makes me think it's something they have in mind but only if the game sells well.
I am not too sure about all that water tho.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
The map for the board game version is an island surrounded by water, so I think it makes sense to have the video game version match.
I'd really like a new Carcassonne, to be honest, with all the expansions. Still one of my favourite XBLA games!
I'd really like a new Carcassonne, to be honest, with all the expansions. Still one of my favourite XBLA games!
Originally Posted by C64 Mat
Ops, you know it has been so long since I played that 360 game that I confused Catan with Carcassonne. That was why the water threw me off. I was thinking about how the map would work with the water.

Lol
Yeah, I could see that mix up being confusing.
There's not enough sheep for wood in this thread.
There's not enough sheep for wood in this thread.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Would you be interested in brick or ore instead?
This thread has gotten me interested in revisiting Carcassonne! There might even be a review too.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account