Found 8 posts - Go to Last Post

does anyone know why my resident evil 5 xbox one disc doesn't want to work? i tried everything like restart clean delete etc. everytime i download it it goes all the way to 80% then it freezes completely and stays there. also this is on my xbox x
does anyone know why my resident evil 5 xbox one disc doesn't want to work? i tried everything like restart clean delete etc. everytime i download it it goes all the way to 80% then it freezes completely and stays there. also this is on my xbox x
Originally Posted by asqis
When installing from disc, two things happen:
  • The game checks for updates, and gives you a pop up asking if you wish to download them
  • The non-update game data installs from disc

Even if the disc just contains a license to download the game, you have to leave it in the drive until both things are complete.

I recommend not playing a game whilst the installation takes place, as this severely reduces the download speed. (This is independent of your connection - The Xbox Network and the console will limit the bandwidth so you still get good console performance.

Try it again, and leave it for a bit to do its thing. If you cancel the installation at 80% thinking it's not moving, the next time you try to install it it might appear to have stopped at that point. Just leave it and hopefully it should complete!
When installing from disc, two things happen:
  • The game checks for updates, and gives you a pop up asking if you wish to download them
  • The non-update game data installs from disc

Even if the disc just contains a license to download the game, you have to leave it in the drive until both things are complete.

I recommend not playing a game whilst the installation takes place, as this severely reduces the download speed. (This is independent of your connection - The Xbox Network and the console will limit the bandwidth so you still get good console performance.

Try it again, and leave it for a bit to do its thing. If you cancel the installation at 80% thinking it's not moving, the next time you try to install it it might appear to have stopped at that point. Just leave it and hopefully it should complete!
Originally Posted by C64 Mat
I did wait and i tried and counted exactly 32 times
Which Xbox X? Xbox One X or Xbox Series X?
Which Xbox X? Xbox One X or Xbox Series X?
Originally Posted by futiles
xbox one x
xbox one x
It could be that you have a scratch on the disc that the system can't get past. Can you see if it will install on another system?

Do you have access to another copy of the disc (like a friend) you can try?
It could be that you have a scratch on the disc that the system can't get past. Can you see if it will install on another system?

Do you have access to another copy of the disc (like a friend) you can try?
Originally Posted by futiles
no, thanks anyway tho
I had an Xbox One console, where the only game that didn't work was Resident Evil 5... I read some time ago that it was a console error, but I don't remember the problem.

Since the warranty period had already passed, I bought another Xbox Frown

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account