The Walking Dead - Out of town without WiFi

Gaming Chat

Found 6 posts - Go to Last Post

I will be out of town this weekend on a trip. Basically, I'll be busy for 15 minutes out of every 2 or so hours, so I will have a ton of down time.

I can bring my laptop and play because there is a battery that we will be able to charge stuff from.

Is it possible to download them beforehand and then play them without internet while I am there?
If you're referring to achievements:

The issue with post-360 games is that the achievement unlock date will show the date you came back on line - it won't unlock it offline and store that date, like the 360 did (even though they do log the date, they still show as "unlocked offline").

So you can't 'buffer' your achievement streak I'm afraid Frown

However, if you can get online just for a brief window - i.e. play offline, then manage to connect to the internet whilst the game is running just for a minute or so, you should be able to keep the streak going as the achievements will pop when you connect. But you'd have to do this each day.
Depending on your phone, you can turn it into a wifi hotspot log in upload your achievement progress and log off so it wont eat through your data plan if it is not unlimited.
Wasn't for keeping achievement streaks alive, it was just to have something to do to prevent boredom, but I didn't even end up turning my laptop on and I found my answer on discord.

You can play The Walking Dead from GamePass PC while not connected to the internet as long as you have launched the game while connected to internet at least once and enabled that particular PC to use licenses while offline. I quickly tested it while I was at home before I left on my trip.

I ended up reading 1 full book and starting another - which is probably a better thing to do than play a video game anyways.
This thread can be locked now or left to die.
This is good info to know, I keep a couple PC GP games installed on my laptop for those occasions when I’m out and about with time to kill. I didn’t know you could launch them while not connected to the internet though, that’s handy. Thanks for sharing Big Grin
This is good info to know, I keep a couple PC GP games installed on my laptop for those occasions when I’m out and about with time to kill. I didn’t know you could launch them while not connected to the internet though, that’s handy. Thanks for sharing Big Grin
Originally Posted by zoidberg1339
It's a bit like setting your home Xbox, except (like most things on PC) the option is kinda hidden away.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account