Do you have a "favorite" franchise you'd like to see in a new media?

General Chat

Found 9 posts - Go to Last Post

Featured Poll

Do you have a franchise you'd like to see in a new media?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 2 (9.52%) A game I'd like as a book

× 8 (38.10%) A game I'd like as a TV show or movie

× 0 (0%) A game I'd like to see go from video to tabletop or vice versa

× 8 (38.10%) A book I'd like as a game

× 5 (23.81%) A book I'd like as a show/movie

× 4 (19.05%) A show/movie I'd like as a game

× 3 (14.29%) A show/movie I'd like as a book

× 8 (38.10%) Nah, I'm just here for the poll

• Added 11-01-2022 02:52 PM
  • 21 votes
  • Multiple choice enabled
We've seen books like Harry Potter get so popular that they've been made into movies and games. Do you have a favorite franchise that you'd like to see make the leap into another media type?
Mine is more of a "Character I would love to get a really good game for..."

I would love a Captain America game, something that really takes the character in. I prefer the classic and Ed Brubaker stories, of stealth, espionage, reconnaissance, etc... So, something like a classic Splinter Cell would be amazing. But, even something like an Arkham series or Spider-man, where you are just working in and around a single city would be cool. And bringing in help from Sharon Carter, Sam Wilson, Bucky would be especially enjoyable.

The game based on the First Avenger film was fun because I got to beat up Hydra as Cap, but, I would love something deeper.

(I hope he is scheduled for one of the 3 EA games...)

(Also, I would prefer to play as the Steve Rogers Cap, but, I would be open to something that explores John Walker, Sam Wilson, and Bucky Barnes in their time as Cap)
I've been reading a series called Mistborn, by Brandon Sanderson. It's a fairly unique, at least to me, Magic system that involves ingesting different metals and essentially burning them in your stomach to produce different physical and mental effects. These effects could be on yourself or others around you. I think that that would make a pretty cool game setup for video game.
I've been reading a series called Mistborn, by Brandon Sanderson. It's a fairly unique, at least to me, Magic system that involves ingesting different metals and essentially burning them in your stomach to produce different physical and mental effects. These effects could be on yourself or others around you. I think that that would make a pretty cool game setup for video game.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
He just had a Kickstarter finish for miniatures from one of his properties. It wasn't one that I read, but the minis were cool.

I am looking forward to the new Scythe book next... Week I think.
He just had a Kickstarter finish for miniatures from one of his properties. It wasn't one that I read, but the minis were cool.

I am looking forward to the new Scythe book next... Week I think.
Originally Posted by futiles
Yeah, i saw those. They looked great, but i just couldn't justify the cost. I'm currently reading The Way of Kings for the first time, which is the first in the series those figures are based on, I think. I believe they said they were going to have an upcoming table top game based on it too that the figures could be used for.
I pre-ordered Alloy of Law as a signed hardback and that ships out the 15th. I also ordered the other 3 Mistborn/Wax & Wayne books as signed hardbacks, too.
Yeah, i saw those. They looked great, but i just couldn't justify the cost. I'm currently reading The Way of Kings for the first time, which is the first in the series those figures are based on, I think. I believe they said they were going to have an upcoming table top game based on it too that the figures could be used for.
I pre-ordered Alloy of Law as a signed hardback and that ships out the 15th. I also ordered the other 3 Mistborn/Wax & Wayne books as signed hardbacks, too.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Since I had not read the books, don't know anything about the up-coming game, and have a four figure number of minis already to paint, I also did not back them
The Night's Dawn trilogy by Peter F Hamilton. I suppose the game would probably end up a little Mass Effect-ish, but with a lot more horror and some really dark themes.
a show based on Far Cry 2

none of the other Far Crys, just Far Cry 2, the thinking man's Far Cry
a show based on Far Cry 2

none of the other Far Crys, just Far Cry 2, the thinking man's Far Cry
Originally Posted by zoidberg1339
Far Cry 2 is excellent. Although I did thoroughly enjoy 4 as well - the best of the "power fantasy" Far Crys for sure.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account