Found 26 posts - Go to Last Post

Maybe a section like MrGompers suggested just as a stand alone thread on the side of the page like Gaming Chat is.
Something you can post on your personal profile and not announce to the site?
Something you can post on your personal profile and not announce to the site?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
I was thinking more of when you press on the forums tab it would be listed with gaming chat and the others.
I swear I thought we had this.
Originally Posted by Kaens
It has been brought up. It would be nice for it to just be its own master forum.
Bottom line here is that GTN is not a trade or auction site and I don't really see the demand for a separate master forum at this time.That can change however. I personally have had a few individuals inquire about buying, selling and or trading including my self. Let me me just put this out there:

GTN is an open and free community site and though it does not forbid any such nature of transactions i.e., buying, selling or trading GTN does not endorse this type of behavior either. You can at your own risk advertise* if you wish to buy, sell or trade in and of personal and private collections under your own terms and GTN will not take any responsibility in handling of any transactions in any way shape or form, except for the inquires/posting of said items for purchase or trade. Meaning a singular thread should be made for discussion of who has what in a minimal manner. This being a gaming site all transactions will be limited to the nature of gaming. Gaming systems, Games, Gaming accessories and paraffniilla.

NO Spamming the site with multiple threads even though you have multiple gaming sytems or games.
*NO Elaborate Advertising including: Use of pictures, gifs and or multi colored large fonts.
NO ridiculously long list taking up a large amount of space..listing every thing you have, just give a broad general over view.
NO open haggling, if you have an item or want an item all price negotiation will be done via PRIVATE MESSAGE.
YOU assume all responsibility/risk of any and all transactions. If one side of the party does not honor their side of the deal it is up to both parties to work things out privately.
NO open disputes on threads. All disputes will be done via PRIVATE MESSAGE and GTN Staff will not moderate any such dispute.
This also means you can not openly accuse or harass any persons involved in any dispute.
NO posting of personal information (i.e. Address, Phone Numbers, Full names or Places of Employment)
NO illegal postings. Which include but is not limited to: Pirated or Modded hardware, software or codes.

YOU may openly thank any good transaction you have had without divulging any specifics of the deal.
YOU may post when an item was shipped and or received.

Remember to also be aware and to follow all Community Guidelines found here:
http://www.gamertagnation.com/guidelines/

If these guidelines are not followed GTN has the explicit right to modify or remove any posting at anytime for any reason and any person or persons found violating the community guidelines can have their account and or privileges here at GTN suspended and or removed permanently.

A good place to start or if you are looking for a good example of this is located here:
http://www.gamertagnation.com/retro-...box-games.html

For the record I have dealt with some of the individuals in that thread and so far everything has gone great.
Bottom line here is that GTN is not a trade or auction site and I don't really see the demand for a separate master forum at this time.That can change however. I personally have had a few individuals inquire about buying, selling and or trading including my self. Let me me just put this out there:

GTN is an open and free community site and though it does not forbid any such nature of transactions i.e., buying, selling or trading GTN does not endorse this type of behavior either. You can at your own risk advertise* if you wish to buy, sell or trade in and of personal and private collections under your own terms and GTN will not take any responsibility in handling of any transactions in any way shape or form, except for the inquires/posting of said items for purchase or trade. Meaning a singular thread should be made for discussion of who has what in a minimal manner. This being a gaming site all transactions will be limited to the nature of gaming. Gaming systems, Games, Gaming accessories and paraffniilla.

NO Spamming the site with multiple threads even though you have multiple gaming sytems or games.
*NO Elaborate Advertising including: Use of pictures, gifs and or multi colored large fonts.
NO ridiculously long list taking up a large amount of space..listing every thing you have, just give a broad general over view.
NO open haggling, if you have an item or want an item all price negotiation will be done via PRIVATE MESSAGE.
YOU assume all responsibility/risk of any and all transactions. If one side of the party does not honor their side of the deal it is up to both parties to work things out privately.
NO open disputes on threads. All disputes will be done via PRIVATE MESSAGE and GTN Staff will not moderate any such dispute.
This also means you can not openly accuse or harass any persons involved in any dispute.
NO posting of personal information (i.e. Address, Phone Numbers, Full names or Places of Employment)
NO illegal postings. Which include but is not limited to: Pirated or Modded hardware, software or codes.

YOU may openly thank any good transaction you have had without divulging any specifics of the deal.

If these guidelines are not followed GTN has the explicit right to modify or remove any posting at anytime for any reason and any person or persons found violating the community guidelines can have their account and or privileges here at GTN suspended and or removed permanently.

A good place to start or if you are looking for a good example of this is located here:

For the record I have dealt with some of the individuals in that thread and so far everything has gone great.
Why would you not want it to have its own parent forum? It isn't like there is a cost associated with forum creation. It isn't like the hosting provider of GTN is going to increase the monthly hosting cost because GTN has an added forum. No existing forum really is a proper match for said forum, with General Discussion being the best bad fit. Fshguy has created forums in just a couple of minutes on GTN already after just a few requests, and this request has been made before by different users. If there is a single example of the need for a better forum format/location, why not just create it?

There is a "Retro Gaming" forum that has not been used in 3 months, and would easily fit within the generic "Gaming Chat" forum, yet it has its own forum. "Tech and Electronics" has also not been used for 3 months, could easily fit within "General Chat" but has its own forum. "News and Announcements" has not been used since September, while "Community Interviews" has an entire forum for something used to house a SINGLE THREAD PER MONTH at best, yet each has its own forum.

So, why is there no need for Buy/Sell/Trade? And why does that matter?

I understand that GTN is covering its self by allowing while not wanting this to occur on the site.
Though it would be really easy to set up its own forum with the rules you posted above set as a sticky and where you have to press accept before you can use the forum.

GTN would not be legally responsible for any said things going wrong because by clicking accept it implies that the rules and policies have been read, understood, and accepted.

I do believe with a Buy/Sell/Trade forum GTN will evolve beyond any gaming forum site and would bring higher chances of people that donate to GTN. So yes I do agree with futiles that said forum is needed on GTN.

Thank You
Sentimentalnoos
Stop picking on my Retro forum!
Originally Posted by Kaens
Collecting dust just like your Intellivision...
I brought this up here since I know a number of people here from ach fest. I'm more confident doing business with people I already know. We had a similar thread on 360v. It would help keep the forum tidy if it had its own section.
Collecting dust just like your Intellivision...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
My point was more, "why not go ahead and just make the requested forum?"

So...

WHY NOT GO AHEAD AND JUST MAKE THE REQUESTED FORUM?
Why would you not want it to have its own parent forum? It isn't like there is a cost associated with forum creation. It isn't like the hosting provider of GTN is going to increase the monthly hosting cost because GTN has an added forum. No existing forum really is a proper match for said forum, with General Discussion being the best bad fit. Fshguy has created forums in just a couple of minutes on GTN already after just a few requests, and this request has been made before by different users. If there is a single example of the need for a better forum format/location, why not just create it?

There is a "Retro Gaming" forum that has not been used in 3 months, and would easily fit within the generic "Gaming Chat" forum, yet it has its own forum. "Tech and Electronics" has also not been used for 3 months, could easily fit within "General Chat" but has its own forum. "News and Announcements" has not been used since September, while "Community Interviews" has an entire forum for something used to house a SINGLE THREAD PER MONTH at best, yet each has its own forum.

So, why is there no need for Buy/Sell/Trade? And why does that matter?
Originally Posted by futiles

The simple answer is I can not create said forum and it would be up to either Eric or Fsh for the time being.. that is why I included the stipulation of "at this time." It was not nor is it my personal decision I was just being diplomatic with my answer, because said forum can/could be created fairly quickly. It just needs to go through the process.
The simple answer is I can not create said forum and it would be up to either Eric or Fsh for the time being.. that is why I included the stipulation of "at this time." It was not nor is it my personal decision I was just being diplomatic with my answer, because said forum can/could be created fairly quickly. It just needs to go through the process.
No, what you said was:
Bottom line here is that GTN is not a trade or auction site and I don't really see the demand for a separate master forum at this time.That can change however.
You said specifically that YOU (B8TINGU) did NOT see a demand/need for its own forum, and that YOUR OPINION on the matter could change. Is that what you meant? Does not matter, it is what you said.

And the fact that you are replying to a thread requesting the specific forum that see no demand for means that there is a demand for it. Someone desires it, which is the "demand" portion of "Supply and Demand" - now, as a site GTN has no requirement to provide the supply, but, there is a demand.

You were not be diplomatic. If you have no control on that portion of the site, then don't respond as the voice of the site.
No, what you said was:

You said specifically that YOU (B8TINGU) did NOT see a demand/need for its own forum, and that YOUR OPINION on the matter could change. Is that what you meant? Does not matter, it is what you said.

And the fact that you are replying to a thread requesting the specific forum that see no demand for means that there is a demand for it. Someone desires it, which is the "demand" portion of "Supply and Demand" - now, as a site GTN has no requirement to provide the supply, but, there is a demand.

You were not be diplomatic. If you have no control on that portion of the site, then don't respond as the voice of the site.
Again you take everything I say..er write out of context and as a staff member I do have the right to say something, even if I wasn't a staff member who are you to tell me what I can or shouldn't reply to, this isn't futiles.com. I respect your replies and so you should at least have the common decency to respect mine, especially about a subject I am interested in. Yes I said "I" and yes that is "my" opinion, besides I have never claimed to be a programmer I said "that can change however" I'm not the be all end all of the decisions around here and I was trying to say that even though I can't create the forum who's to say Eric see's this conversation and makes the forum without my knowledge and then this conversation becomes a mute point. As for supply and demand, there are currently 3,577 users that I can see of those less than a dozen have inquired about such a forum and this is why "I" said in "my" opinion that "I" didn't see a need for it.. Your more than welcome send Eric a PM or post on his profile.
Again you take everything I say..er write out of context and as a staff member I do have the right to say something, even if I wasn't a staff member who are you to tell me what I can or shouldn't reply to, this isn't futiles.com. I respect your replies and so you should at least have the common decency to respect mine, especially about a subject I am interested in. Yes I said "I" and yes that is "my" opinion, besides I have never claimed to be a programmer I said "that can change however" I'm not the be all end all of the decisions around here and I was trying to say that even though I can't create the forum who's to say Eric see's this conversation and makes the forum without my knowledge and then this conversation becomes a mute point. As for supply and demand, there are currently 3,577 users that I can see of those less than a dozen have inquired about such a forum and this is why "I" said in "my" opinion that "I" didn't see a need for it.. Your more than welcome send Eric a PM or post on his profile.
If you don't understand the basic difference of what it means to be a staff member posting and a generic user posting, then there is nothing else to say.
If you don't understand the basic difference of what it means to be a staff member posting and a generic user posting, then there is nothing else to say.
Exactly why I will never be staff member at a site unless it's my own.
I would love to hear your thoughts on this. Maybe you could tell me what it means to be a staff member, because so far I don't think I have been doing a bad job. Hey I don't get paid for this I don't get any special treatment other than having a STAFF designation and access to some control of moderations. I'm not abusive, I don't hold grudges and I am very fair and listen to everyone and their ideas. I'm not an extreme right or left wing trying to get only things I want instigated, that's just bad business all round. I mind my P's & Q's and try to not stir the pot. Being objectionable and not throwing temper tantrums nor openly attacking is something any good staff member should do. It is said that learning has it's curves and that no question is a dumb question and that all input or options should be herd and pondered with respect. Maybe I'm not as educated as some maybe I'm more educated than others, but level of education has nothing to do with respect or ideas or respect of ideas. My opinions and ideas are just that, opinions and ideas. If you personally do not like them that is fine I respect that, but don't try to make this all about me. Really I'm not that important.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account