Found 33 posts - Go to Last Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTDnVQgICl4

OCULUS RIFT is coming to xbox one and windows 10. I have to admit I'm kind of excited about this. Always wanted to play VR and the OCULUS RIFT looks better than the hololens.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTDnVQgICl4

OCULUS RIFT is coming to xbox one and windows 10. I have to admit I'm kind of excited about this. Always wanted to play VR and the OCULUS RIFT looks better than the hololens.
Originally Posted by FAR QZ
It isn't really "coming to Xbox One" - It is coming to Windows 10 (as it always was) and they are going to enjoy that the remote play and virtual theater features work well together.
Well Win10 is coming to Xbox One and Kudo said right there in that video that you'll be able to stream your Xbox One titles to the Oculus. Sounds to me like it's coming to Xbox One.
Well Win10 is coming to Xbox One and Kudo said right there in that video that you'll be able to stream your Xbox One titles to the Oculus. Sounds to me like it's coming to Xbox One.
Originally Posted by Kaens
But you won't be able to "Stream to the Xbox One" truthfully. You stream to Win10, and Win10 pushes to the Oculus via Virtual Theater. It is similar, but, just saying "Coming to X1" will make people think, "Oh sweet, I will get this," and then when they are on Win7, or OSX, or some Linux, and they cannot use it, it becomes, "Oh, well, not exactly X1 to Oculus directly..."
that's what I thought he said too.
Am I the only one that thinks this technology will be less used then the Kinects? Oculus is owned by Facebook and I really think they bought it to compete with Google Glasses in some way in the distant future. Their demo will really have to sell this thing.
Am I the only one that thinks this technology will be less used then the Kinects? Oculus is owned by Facebook and I really think they bought it to compete with Google Glasses in some way in the distant future. Their demo will really have to sell this thing.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Well, have you looked at the PC specs required to get "the full experience" of the Oculus Rift? The processor, RAM, OS, and such are not too bad. But, the video card is a bit beefy. It's about a $300-$350 video card, depending on the brand you decide to use. So, the market of people that will use the Rift are gamers, which is a subset of the population, and then they will be PC gamers (since it requires a decent gaming PC to even run) which is a smaller subset of gamers, and then it requires an above average gaming PC...

Most expectations is the the OR will be ~$300. So, that will be a price that some people flinch at.

However, having used some similar tech in the past, there is a potential for proper marketing. I know my first apartment, I would have bought an OR in a heartbeat. Not for the Virtual Reality aspects of it, I still think we are a way from that being legit. But, the Virtual Theater could be HUGE (pun intended). Sitting in my very small, 1 bedroom apartment, I would have a choice to play on my 20" TV, or, for $300, buy a headset that gave me the illusion of playing games on a private theater screen? HELL YEAH.

Even now, when I play at night, I might be willing for a setup like this.

More facts:
http://www.geekwire.com/2015/oculus-...games-to-rift/
So, no Outlast or Slender or Resident Evil on Occulus on launch? .... Bummed.
So, no Outlast or Slender or Resident Evil on Occulus on launch? .... Bummed.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
I haven't played that many xbox one games yet, but I hope most get OR support and it works right.
I haven't played that many xbox one games yet, but I hope most get OR support and it works right.
Originally Posted by FAR QZ
They will all have it. It will be a virtual theater. So, instead of playing on whatever screen you have, you will feel like you are playing on a private theater screen. That's it.
Well, have you looked at the PC specs required to get "the full experience" of the Oculus Rift? The processor, RAM, OS, and such are not too bad. But, the video card is a bit beefy. It's about a $300-$350 video card, depending on the brand you decide to use. So, the market of people that will use the Rift are gamers, which is a subset of the population, and then they will be PC gamers (since it requires a decent gaming PC to even run) which is a smaller subset of gamers, and then it requires an above average gaming PC...

Most expectations is the the OR will be ~$300. So, that will be a price that some people flinch at.

However, having used some similar tech in the past, there is a potential for proper marketing. I know my first apartment, I would have bought an OR in a heartbeat. Not for the Virtual Reality aspects of it, I still think we are a way from that being legit. But, the Virtual Theater could be HUGE (pun intended). Sitting in my very small, 1 bedroom apartment, I would have a choice to play on my 20" TV, or, for $300, buy a headset that gave me the illusion of playing games on a private theater screen? HELL YEAH.

Even now, when I play at night, I might be willing for a setup like this.

More facts:
http://www.geekwire.com/2015/oculus-...games-to-rift/
Originally Posted by futiles
I'm kind of hoping maybe they'll come up with a way to hook up multiple X1's in tandem(I don't know if you'd need 2 or 3), kind of like Forza 360 you could run 3 machines for 3 displays.
I think there are uses for both AR(Google Glass, Hololens, Terminator heads up display) and VR (Oculus and a half dozen others). I'm excited to see what they come out for Hololens. The VR applications are probably going to be limited in some aspects in similar ways the Kinect is not a complete interactive expericence. Unless your hands can be tracked, it's hard to coordinate that.

Now, we know what the real VR applications are going to be... And we're not going to find them on XBOX. Smile
They will all have it. It will be a virtual theater. So, instead of playing on whatever screen you have, you will feel like you are playing on a private theater screen. That's it.
that's kind of disappointing, I was hoping for more of a VR experience.
If I didn't have to buy a buff PC to make that work, that would be plenty for me to spend $3-400 on. I mostly always play late at night when my wife is trying to sleep next to me. She has to wear a eye mask to block the light from the TV so if I could turn the tv off, and still be there next to her, that would be fantastic.
If I didn't have to buy a buff PC to make that work, that would be plenty for me to spend $3-400 on. I mostly always play late at night when my wife is trying to sleep next to me. She has to wear a eye mask to block the light from the TV so if I could turn the tv off, and still be there next to her, that would be fantastic.
See my above post. I absolutely would have bought it 15 years ago. And even now, it would be a maybe, just for that. But, I do have a gaming area, that when I play late at night, I am not around anyone.
I tried to not do it around everyone, but as much as my wife hates my "click click click" buttons, and the glare of the tv (I played muted w/ subtitles or headset), she prefers to feel me there next to her. Happy wife...
I tried to not do it around everyone, but as much as my wife hates my "click click click" buttons, and the glare of the tv (I played muted w/ subtitles or headset), she prefers to feel me there next to her. Happy wife...
I borrowed a similar (albeit much simpler) bit of tech about 15 years ago for a trip. It hooked into those travel DVD players, and gave you the relative appearance of a theater screen. Worked great on an airplane, and got you out of the experience of being on the plane, and into being somewhere private.
Well most of our questions should be answered this weekend.. E3 time!
So, Kudo just clarified himself on Spike TV E3 interview. "You can stream your Xbox One games, THROUGH Windows 10, to the Oculus Rift."

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account