Resolved
Instagram? Isn't that the thing women use to post pics of their crafts?
Originally Posted by Kaens
LOL .... :-)
Instagram? Isn't that the thing women use to post pics of their crafts?
Originally Posted by Kaens
Not just crafts. My girlfriend uses it to post pictures of her food before she eats it.
I have to say that I agree with Buckswana and Kaens. Other people had it manually added after posting their issues. Several of us have been asking about this for some time (even before this was manually handed out to some); I myself have been asking about this since June. At the very least, it seems to me that those people that have tried and failed to get it due to the error and posted in this (or some other similar thread) prior to the retiring of the badge should have it manually added. It's not like we failed to meet the requirements, we just couldn't get it to work. If you look at my connections, you'll see Live Journal was added on June 11th (using OpenID), so I certainly did what was required to trigger the badge.
Last edited 09-13-2014 at 06:13 PM by HyruleBalverine. Reason: Added example.
You're right. I didn't intend for the OpenID badge to be as exclusive as it turned out to be. It was supposed to work as smoothly as the Facebook and Twitter badges. That clearly wasn't the case as certain members were unable to get it to work. That left some users with an unfair disadvantage, so I thought it was time to retire the badge. Due to the issues with OpenID connections, and the limited availability of the badge, I plan on adjusting the score for the OpenID badge. Those with the badge will not receive any badge points for unlocking this particular badge. That seems fair to me.
Please, forgive me if I came across too strongly or as angry/argumentative. I think that it's just a result of having worked for and with lawyers. Lol
Please, forgive me if I came across too strongly or as angry/argumentative. I think that it's just a result of having worked for and with lawyers. Lol
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
No worries. I totally understand. Thanks for your feedback! Smile
You're right. I didn't intend for the OpenID badge to be as exclusive as it turned out to be. It was supposed to work as smoothly as the Facebook and Twitter badges. That clearly wasn't the case as certain members were unable to get it to work. That left some users with an unfair disadvantage, so I thought it was time to retire the badge. Due to the issues with OpenID connections, and the limited availability of the badge, I plan on adjusting the score for the OpenID badge. Those with the badge will not receive any badge points for unlocking this particular badge. That seems fair to me.
Originally Posted by GTN Eric
I was going to suggest the badge actually be removed, not just retired, but, honestly, this is just as good.
Removed is unnecessary. There are 18 retired badges and this is the only one I have. Plenty of those I assume we're retired because they didn't work correctly or didn't generate the attention Eric hope so he removed it. I have a myspace account (I think) and that's retired. I presume it worked fine based on the number of people who have it.

In my opinion, the right thing was retire the badge and manually reward it to those that can show they earned it prior to being retired. It's only a five point badge, I just feel it sets a bad precedent for other badges.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account