Whelp, I guess that's it for 360voice

General Chat

Found 12 posts - Go to Last Post

Deep down I knew the site would never come back up but I had always hoped. Today I try to log in and an am greeted with:

The Administrator has chosen to close
this forum with the following reason:
360Voice is closed. Thank you for the memories.
I know the site itself will probably stay up as long as it's generating ad revenue and traffic for LiveGamer, or until the site rolls over and dies.

But if you can't even log in that's really all there is to it.

It's a sad day.

Frown
Deep down I knew the site would never come back up but I had always hoped. Today I try to log in and an am greeted with:

I know the site itself will probably stay up as long as it's generating ad revenue and traffic for LiveGamer, or until the site rolls over and dies.

But if you can't even log in that's really all there is to it.

It's a sad day.

Frown
Originally Posted by raitchison
Well, I cannot logout...
On a brighter note, I've been putting a fair amount of effort into maintaining "proof of streak" data since the site stopped updating, loading up a unique game (or scoring an achievement) every single day:

Every game I've ever played in the past (example: Oblivion or Burnout Revenge)
Some new games I will eventually get around to actually playing.
Some games we have in the house for whatever reason that I never indend to actually play (Burger King games or most recent FPS's)
All the Games With Gold games and free games like the Fast and the Forza-est.

The theory was that if the site came back up (as unlikely as that seemed) and if they (whoever they would be) decided not to preserve everyone's streak (also unlikely) I would be able to point to gaming activity from my Xbox Live feed for every single day.

Now I don't need to worry about all that, I'll still play every day even if there is nobody bothering to keep track of it but I'm not going to jump through crazy hoops anymore to ensure that I'll be able to prove that I played every day, Of course I am basically out of unique games to play already (would have run out last week but Forza's relatively easy achievement's have bought some time).
On a brighter note, I've been putting a fair amount of effort into maintaining "proof of streak" data since the site stopped updating, loading up a unique game (or scoring an achievement) every single day:

Every game I've ever played in the past (example: Oblivion or Burnout Revenge)
Some new games I will eventually get around to actually playing.
Some games we have in the house for whatever reason that I never indend to actually play (Burger King games or most recent FPS's)
All the Games With Gold games and free games like the Fast and the Forza-est.

The theory was that if the site came back up (as unlikely as that seemed) and if they (whoever they would be) decided not to preserve everyone's streak (also unlikely) I would be able to point to gaming activity from my Xbox Live feed for every single day.

Now I don't need to worry about all that, I'll still play every day even if there is nobody bothering to keep track of it but I'm not going to jump through crazy hoops anymore to ensure that I'll be able to prove that I played every day, Of course I am basically out of unique games to play already (would have run out last week but Forza's relatively easy achievement's have bought some time).
Well besides your profile doing just that very thing, most tracking sites such at GTN also point to gaming activity from your Xbox live feed everyday, are you just missing those quirky little at blogs?
Weird. I just logged out and back in with no problem. I can read the forums and even moved a spam message. Seems to be fully functional to me.
Weird. I just logged out and back in with no problem. I can read the forums and even moved a spam message. Seems to be fully functional to me.
Originally Posted by Koding
Maybe 3VCE's can still work. I'm still able to function in it too. But, my site signature is all out of whack!
Maybe 3VCE's can still work. I'm still able to function in it too. But, my site signature is all out of whack!
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
Well, someone turned off the forum, and then someone turned the forum back on...
Well besides your profile doing just that very thing, most tracking sites such at GTN also point to gaming activity from your Xbox live feed everyday, are you just missing those quirky little at blogs?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Unless I'm missing something those sites don't keep track of the games you play on a daily basis unless you get an achievement in one of those games or if it's the first (or last) time I've played that game.

For example, if I play Game X for 15 days in a row but don;t score any achievements in those 15 days the only thing a site like GTN will track is that I "last played" it on day 15. There's no way to know a month from now what game I played yesterday.
Well, someone turned off the forum, and then someone turned the forum back on...
Originally Posted by futiles
Yeah I can log in too, I wonder if one of the former mods/admins/3vce's was messing around.
Yeah I can log in too, I wonder if one of the former mods/admins/3vce's was messing around.
Well, one of the people that can do behind the scenes stuff turned it off. Then another one turned it back on. Then another one did something else.
Unless I'm missing something those sites don't keep track of the games you play on a daily basis unless you get an achievement in one of those games or if it's the first (or last) time I've played that game.

For example, if I play Game X for 15 days in a row but don;t score any achievements in those 15 days the only thing a site like GTN will track is that I "last played" it on day 15. There's no way to know a month from now what game I played yesterday.

ah, ok good point, Raptr did something like this but they turned off home console support. That may be a viable addition to our site, I wonder how many people would like that?

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account