Possible error in detecting Gamertag settings

Issues & Bug Reports

Found 10 posts - Go to Last Post

When I went to my dashboard about twenty-five minutes prior to posting this, I received the following message:

YOUR GAMERTAG NEEDS AN UPDATE
Our system cannot access Gamertag information that is hidden or limited to friends only. As a result, you may need to update your Xbox Live privacy settings in order for us to sync your Gamertag profile to the site. Please see the related Help Center link below for steps in resolving this issue.

I checked my settings on the web and on my console and both places show that my Xbox Live privacy settings aren't set to hide/limit who can see my activities. I also checked my settings on this site and they appear to be set correctly.
Could be a hiccup with the Xbox Live migration to the Game Pass Core unless you have one of the other game passes. keep an eye on it and let us know if it continues to pop up.
Could be a hiccup with the Xbox Live migration to the Game Pass Core unless you have one of the other game passes. keep an eye on it and let us know if it continues to pop up.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
It's still there as of a couple of minutes before typing this reply. I have Game Pass Ultimate, so I should be good there. One thing that is a little strange is the site shows that I played the Xbox One version of Human Fall Flat, but doesn't show that I've unlocked any achievements in the game even though games that were released on systems after the Xbox 360 require at least one achievement be unlocked to register as being played.
I wonder if this is related to my profile picture being removed from GTN today? I wondered what was up with that.
I've got GPU and my avatar (set to Gamertag picture) has changed on GTN (not on Xbox itself). I'm guessing MS changing their background code when creating the new "Core" service has screwed up the synchronisation somewhere along the way.
The issue appears to have corrected itself, though I'm not sure when it did so. The achievements that didn't show up as unlocking yesterday have been properly added with the correct timestamps.
Add me in for also having my Avatar on GTN changed to what my old Xbox One picture was instead of what I currently have on Xbox.
I received the same error today also. My avatar has also changed.
Yep my avi changed too. I was using my old 360 one, but it changed to my *old* Xbox One avatar, and not my current one.

Could be because my old one was one of the default options, and my current one is custom? Kinda strange either way.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account