Badges awarded to also show on applicable game page feed?

Feature Requests

Found 9 posts - Go to Last Post

Under Review

Would you like to see badge intigration on game feeds?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 37 (63.79%) Yes

× 3 (5.17%) No

× 18 (31.03%) Maybe, it's something I'd like to see eventually, but I'm not too crazy about it

• Added 11-28-2016 06:35 AM
  • 58 votes
So what do you guys think of this? I see that game achievements show up in/on the game page, but how hard would it be to also have say a badge that is connected to a certain game or series show up on said game series. Yes that would mean multiple games would get a feed post that so and so just unlocked the badge for playing any Madden game. If that is not liked or is a little too much then maybe we can target just specific badges; like complete any game in such in such series or any specific badge for any specific game to show on that games feed too. What I'm saying is that I would like to see some sort of badge acknowledgement on game feeds. Of course if it's just me that would like to see this then nevermind, but I'm curious as to if anyone else would like to see this in some way. If it's too much work too then nevermind, because I'd like resources to be tasked for better use.
Last edited 11-28-2016 at 06:36 AM by B8TINGU.
Wow, usually I think your ideas are terrible but this is pretty cool idea. Not that I spend any time on individual game pages, but I still like the idea.
So what do you guys think of this? I see that game achievements show up in/on the game page, but how hard would it be to also have say a badge that is connected to a certain game or series show up on said game series. Yes that would mean multiple games would get a feed post that so and so just unlocked the badge for playing any Madden game. If that is not liked or is a little too much then maybe we can target just specific badges; like complete any game in such in such series or any specific badge for any specific game to show on that games feed too. What I'm saying is that I would like to see some sort of badge acknowledgement on game feeds. Of course if it's just me that would like to see this then nevermind, but I'm curious as to if anyone else would like to see this in some way. If it's too much work too then nevermind, because I'd like resources to be tasked for better use.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU

I would prefer it just for completions. I think a feed for just starting a game would be spam-like and clutter the page(s).
I would prefer it just for completions. I think a feed for just starting a game would be spam-like and clutter the page(s).
Originally Posted by MrGompers
Except, the pages he is talking about are already cluttered with people just starting the game, since any achievement someone earns, even the first one, already show up on the page in a feed. I don't see how adding badges earned would make the page any worse.

And since the fascination on this site is badges more than anything else, I see no reason not to include them where applicable.
And since the fascination on this site is badges more than anything else, I see no reason not to include them where applicable.
Originally Posted by futiles
Maybe we can build on this with having a tracker on your home page as well. Your next three closest badges or something.
Your next three closest badges or something.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
I approve this message
Status changed to 'Under Review' - This could get a little hairy in certain cases. For example, if someone completes 2 games in a series (with a badge association), then which game should that update be associated with? That may be somewhat rare, but I have to account for it when coding this in.

I'll gather more feedback on this and revisit later.
Status changed to 'Under Review' - This could get a little hairy in certain cases. For example, if someone completes 2 games in a series (with a badge association), then which game should that update be associated with? That may be somewhat rare, but I have to account for it when coding this in.

I'll gather more feedback on this and revisit later.
Originally Posted by GTN Eric
Well, two thoughts:

First thought: A series badge awards the first time you play a game in the series, let's say Gears of War. Today I decide to play Gears, Gears 2, Gears 3, and Gears 4, for the first time each, in that order. As the site is scanning me for the day, seeing I played Gears is going to kick off "Earn the Series Badge" yes? Then, that is the game that awarded me the series badge, so, it goes on there.

Second thought: Same situation as above, and multiple games qualify for the same badge award, let each game show that badge rewarded that day. So, Gears 1, 2, 3, and 4 would each show I earned the "Play a Gears Game" Badge. Since we are talking about the games page, it isn't going to clutter anything too much, since each game page is just showing you earning the badge once.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account