Game library filter: Only show incomplete games

Feature Requests

Found 13 posts - Go to Last Post

Started
Request: I'd like to filter out completed games when viewing the games library so I can only see the games that have unearned achievements.
So here's what I'm thinking. I could add two options to sort by from the games list. For example here's your page of games played: https://www.gamertagnation.com/membe...=games&u=10119

From here I could add an option to sort by number of locked achievements and percentage of locked achievements. Perhaps an additional option for including or excluding owned DLC could help here too.
Both those options would be great! This would allow me to easily see the games I'm working on.
As part of this update, I plan on bringing together most of the filters found on the Explore > Games page.

For example, using this (super long) URL you can view a list of games that you have played that are available for Xbox Game Pass sorted by progress descending:

https://www.gamertagnation.com/games...&sort=progress

There are a couple of fixes planned for that area as well but it should provide for a more intuitive experience.
BTW, that particular link will only work if you're logged in.

Also, I don't have all of the Game Pass games reflected in the database but I'll be working on that before this update. Cloud Enabled is another filter available too.
Thats very nice.

BTW at the moment that filter tells me that I have 42 Played Games Pass Games, but only lists 20 of them with no discernible "next page option"
Status changed from 'Planned' to 'Started'
Just wanted to see how this filter is coming along. Is it going to be based off of how the site handles DLC? I.E. if I haven't unlocked a DLC achivement, the site doesn't include the DLC into the completion of a game. Just thinking that if filtering out "completed" games uses that then it'll miss games that have DLC not played.
Just wanted to see how this filter is coming along. Is it going to be based off of how the site handles DLC? I.E. if I haven't unlocked a DLC achivement, the site doesn't include the DLC into the completion of a game. Just thinking that if filtering out "completed" games uses that then it'll miss games that have DLC not played.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
This is actually live on your games page using the Sort by options. You can sort your games by the number of locked achievements and progress, but it's quite cumbersome to filter through records you likely don't want to see in that list. For example, sorting by locked achievements descending gives you a list of your completed games (since locked achievements are zero), then the results you're likely looking for where the locked achievements are 1, 2, 3, etc..

I'd like to revisit this and do something similar to the Achievements page where you have a designated tab just for Locked Achievements. In this case there would be a tab for just Incomplete Games. I could add in the filtering and sorting options available elsewhere on the games page to make this more useful than the approach I have band-aided in there right now. Another example of this would be the DLC Packs > Incomplete tab.

In regards to your question about DLC packs for games you have not unlocked an achievement in - I think I could add an option to display the number of DLC packs owned, completed and not owned for each game on your games page and give you options to sort by each of these if you want. I could see some use in that so I'll tack that on to the end of this update.

I'll update this thread once these additions are complete.
I am happy to report that the first phase of this update is now live. You can now find a list of games you have not completed with similar filters and sorting options under the Games > Incomplete tab on your profile.

This can be pretty useful in locating games that you are close to completing by sorting the results by the number of locked achievements or progress.

I plan on adding on to this with more sorting options based on community data. That would enable you to view and sort your incomplete games by overall completion rate by other players (i.e. indicating which games might be easier to complete than others on your list) and how many friends also have that game (i.e. in case you need a boosting partner).

The second phase of this will include filters related to DLC as mentioned in my previous post.
I just tried to sort my incomplete games by locked achievements in descending order, and I got an application error.

"Application Error
Sorry, but there was a critical error while processing this request at Gamertag Nation.

You may retry this request by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.

To quickly resolve this issue and assure it will not happen again, an email has been dispatched to our technical staff. We apologize for the inconvenience.

- The Gamertag Nation Team"
I just tried to sort my incomplete games by locked achievements in descending order, and I got an application error.

"Application Error
Sorry, but there was a critical error while processing this request at Gamertag Nation.

You may retry this request by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.

To quickly resolve this issue and assure it will not happen again, an email has been dispatched to our technical staff. We apologize for the inconvenience.

- The Gamertag Nation Team"
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Thanks for letting me know. It's fixed now.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account