Badge Leaderboard Drama

General Chat

Found 38 posts - Go to Last Post

Who will take Kaens spot on the badge leaderboard first?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 22 (32.84%) No one - Kaens will hold them off

× 21 (31.34%) Fshguy - he's got the following from 360v to help

× 5 (7.46%) Buckswana - lots of completions and DLC

× 2 (2.99%) Hotdogmcgee - if you aren't paying attention, he's going to surprise you

× 5 (7.46%) B8TINGU / TAREKEGYPT / N1ghtmareb4xmas - don't forget about us because of the new people!

× 7 (10.45%) QuiCkz Ninja - he's going to get every spam badge there is

× 1 (1.49%) Dark Lord White - another previous title holder, don't forget him

× 4 (5.97%) porschephiliac - hand will heal up and the founder of Badge Addicts will return with a vengence

• Added 08-10-2014 04:34 PM
  • 67 votes
Maybe he doesn't think it will be him.
Originally Posted by futiles
True, I voted for Buckswana!
True, I voted for Buckswana!
Originally Posted by Kaens
Look, you're up to even with me... They must know I'm running out of badges I can earn to close the gap.
Might want to add another name to this list, since someone just signed up... Wink
Smrnov I love, we have so much in common, and he's clearly going to get a TON of badges for all the gaming stuff. But I don't see him being super active on the site things, writing reviews, or doing that sort of stuff. He's too busy earning GS! He could get it if he wants though!
Smrnov I love, we have so much in common, and he's clearly going to get a TON of badges for all the gaming stuff. But I don't see him being super active on the site things, writing reviews, or doing that sort of stuff. He's too busy earning GS! He could get it if he wants though!
I guess that would mean I'd stuck with 2nd like on 360voice..
You would be surprised. He did go out of his way to earn quite a few badges on 360v.
You would be surprised. He did go out of his way to earn quite a few badges on 360v.
Originally Posted by pTartTX
Well, he's 10th right now... 300 points behind Buckswana and myself... Will have to see how long it takes for 300 to become 100....
It won't take much participation to jump up there.
Currently I don't have time to look into some more time consuming badges... since I have some other stuff going on this month, maybe later... but it's great to know you're all thinking about me! Wink
Currently I don't have time to look into some more time consuming badges... since I have some other stuff going on this month, maybe later... but it's great to know you're all thinking about me! Wink
Originally Posted by smrnov
A WILD smrnov APPEARS!!!
A WILD smrnov APPEARS!!!
Now if he can schedule an appearance at Achievement Fest 2015
Now if he can schedule an appearance at Achievement Fest 2015
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
I've been bugging him about that for years... Ask Kaens...
I think he mentioned only people near the top of the Badge leader board, your 153rd position might have caused him to overlook you.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Roflmao.........Sorry pTartTX but that is just too priceless, I really hadn't noticed I was that high on the list....hmmm....maybe its time for me to start climbing.
Roflmao.........Sorry pTartTX but that is just too priceless, I really hadn't noticed I was that high on the list....hmmm....maybe its time for me to start climbing.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
You were 2nd until about a month ago...
You were 2nd until about a month ago...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
WHAT!! Ok now I'm upset....lol.. I have been eying my collection and setting up a game plan for my best week ever III badge... Now I just need to have 10k people spam my profile... j/k messing with you Kaens! Well on that spam part at least.. Smile
WHAT!! Ok now I'm upset....lol.. I have been eying my collection and setting up a game plan for my best week ever III badge... Now I just need to have 10k people spam my profile... j/k messing with you Kaens! Well on that spam part at least.. Smile
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Kaens didn't spam his profile, he just visited it a lot with a curl command. Hotdog spammed his profile...
Kaens didn't spam his profile, he just visited it a lot with a curl command. Hotdog spammed his profile...
And I spaced it out over a few days. Not that I'll ever hear the end of it, but I was careful not to ddos the site.
And I spaced it out over a few days. Not that I'll ever hear the end of it, but I was careful not to ddos the site.
I know, I was just picking on B8TINGU about the nuance of vocabulary. You technically did not spam. You basically left nothing behind to be considered spam. I am not sure exactly what you would call it. I thought about calling it a pseudo-DDoS, or an Almost-DDoS, or something similar, but all of those sounded very negative or malicious, and I never felt like it was. Like you said, I got the feeling that it was intentionally spaced out to accomplish your task, while not affecting the site for others. (I wish curl still worked for other reasons, but it doesn't.)

(Seems like something I wanted to do with wget wasn't working right either, but, I haven't had a chance to chat with Eric about it, need to remember to look at that again...)

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account