This is not a collection of all the Gears of War games

Gears of War: Ultimate Edition

Found 23 posts - Go to Last Post

Gears of War: Ultimate Edition It is the first installment of the Gears of War series. Ultimate Edition will feature five unreleased chapters of the campaign of the original game and players who purchased the Ultimate Edition can participate in the multiplayer beta of Gears of War 4, which is set to be released in 2016. The remaster of the game will also be released for Microsoft Windows.
It does include some of the multiplayer modes from Gears 3, and some of the achievements are different from the original game. But yeah, if you're going in thinking this is like the Halo Master Chief Collection, you're going to get a surprise.
F me running.. Seriously again.... and then they are adding the Level 100 to this as well? Don't these two achievemenst just feed off each other anyway.. still I'm not sure about doing another seriously...
Seems about right, since it doesn't say collection anywhere in the title.
It does include some of the multiplayer modes from Gears 3, and some of the achievements are different from the original game. But yeah, if you're going in thinking this is like the Halo Master Chief Collection, you're going to get a surprise.
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin
That's exactly what I was thinking. Looks like this thread saved me some cash. I can now wait for a price drop Smile
I'm sorry but any person who later nags that they got ripped off, they can only blame themselves. No where does it say collection, trilogy, pack, bundle, caboodle, set, story pack etc. Honestly this should not need any explanation.
I'm fairly sure this thread was created just to rub it in that I had incorrectly heard there was a Gears collection with all four previously released games and had posted about it in another thread.
Maybe they will sell the other games as DLC.
I'm sorry but any person who later nags that they got ripped off, they can only blame themselves. No where does it say collection, trilogy, pack, bundle, caboodle, set, story pack etc. Honestly this should not need any explanation.
Originally Posted by Jo3y Ban3s
I wouldn't have complained about being ripped off, I would have been pissed at myself for not paying attention. With the avalanche of re-releases, I saw the word "ultimate" and made the jump to "must have everything..sweet". Not exactly a stretch and I'm sure it will bite a few people, but you're right, it doesn't mention collection.
I wouldn't have complained about being ripped off, I would have been pissed at myself for not paying attention. With the avalanche of re-releases, I saw the word "ultimate" and made the jump to "must have everything..sweet". Not exactly a stretch and I'm sure it will bite a few people, but you're right, it doesn't mention collection.
Originally Posted by SG Steelhead
I came to the exact same conclusion, but I wouldn't have bought it either way.
I'm fairly sure this thread was created just to rub it in that I had incorrectly heard there was a Gears collection with all four previously released games and had posted about it in another thread.
Originally Posted by Dvader83
You're probably right...lol..
That's exactly what I was thinking. Looks like this thread saved me some cash. I can now wait for a price drop Smile
Originally Posted by SG Steelhead
its only $39.99
Anything they can do to make more money as if they really need it. Give us something new before you think of remastering something for next gen.
its only $39.99
Originally Posted by Myuseru Foaran
fyi there's a 59.99 pack and I am a mark so...
File Type: jpg
Hopefully a less-ambitious scale compared to MCC will mean that it actually works at launch...
More news announced on this. Looked like it was actually going to include new versions of all 4 games, but was just some tricky pics in the add to fool me. Wink Apparently, if you buy the UE edition, you will have access to all 4 original games through backwards compatibility on XB1. These will still in essence be the original X360 games however, and are not stacked versions. I guess if I do buy this, it means I could get rid of my disc versions of those games though.

Full story here; http://news.xbox.com/2015/08/xbox-on...ars-collection
More news announced on this. Looked like it was actually going to include new versions of all 4 games, but was just some tricky pics in the add to fool me. Wink Apparently, if you buy the UE edition, you will have access to all 4 original games through backwards compatibility on XB1. These will still in essence be the original X360 games however, and are not stacked versions. I guess if I do buy this, it means I could get rid of my disc versions of those games though.

Full story here; http://news.xbox.com/2015/08/xbox-on...ars-collection
Originally Posted by Buckswana
Not stacked..ugh.. and yea.. but the first post in this thread is a little suspicious, look closely not sure if we are all missing something here with the key words being first installment

Gears of War: Ultimate Edition It is the first installment of the Gears of War series. Ultimate Edition will feature five unreleased chapters of the campaign of the original game and players who purchased the Ultimate Edition can participate in the multiplayer beta of Gears of War 4, which is set to be released in 2016. The remaster of the game will also be released for Microsoft Windows.
Originally Posted by Myuseru Foaran
Can't see anything suspicious there at all. It's just saying it's the first game in the GoW series, which it is.
Can't see anything suspicious there at all. It's just saying it's the first game in the GoW series, which it is.
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin
How can they say it's going to be the first game game if they are going to be including access to your original games? It sounds like they will will eventually give us Ultimate Versions of 2 and 3, but since we will already have access to them from this game what would be the point? Unless they are then going to offer stackable achievements from the Ultimate Versions or Gears 4 will be a part of and Ultimate series sans Street Fighter Ultimate? Sorry just thoughts running through my head mainly...

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account