Rare Replay does offer 10,000 Gamerscore — from a certain point of view

Rare Replay

Found 14 posts - Go to Last Post

This article taken from its entirety from Polygon.com found here: http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/27/885...-point-of-view

written by: By Owen S. Good on Jun 27, 2015 at 9:30a @owengood

It has been reproduced many times with very little changes to it by other websites here is the interviews original source just wanted to get this information out to everyone an find out what your thoughts are on this marvel of a game now and what exactly this means for the next gen and for achievement tracking..

Begin Article

Rare Replay, the anthology of 30 games spanning 30 years of the studio's history, does offer 10,000 Gamerscore as claimed — if you account for the 7,220 Gamerscore already offered by games that have previously launched on Xbox 360.

Rare's James Thomas, in an interview with Rare Gamer, clarified the 10,0000 Gamerscore claim, acknowledged that Gamerscore previously earned on Rare games that are part of Rare Replay already count toward the total Gamerscore offered. "The benefit of this is that you get to use your existing achievements to get a head start in unlocking the bonus content within Rare Replay," he said.

"The 360 games are as they currently are on the 360, nothing added or taken away," Thomas said.

The achievement-tracking site TrueAchievements counts 150 new achievements worth a combined 2,780 Gamerscore (one is, delightfully, "Do You Have Battletoads?" offering 15 Gamerscore simply for playing that game.)

More remarkably, Thomas says the save files from Rare's previous Xbox 360 titles (Viva Pinata and Perfect Dark Zero are two) can be transferred to the Xbox One collection. "Your saves carry across too, thanks to the wonders of the cloud," he said. "If you saved it up there on 360, it'll be there on Xbox One."

Rare Replay launches on Xbox One August 4. The earliest games it features are Jetpac, Atic Atac and Lunar Jetman, from 1983. The latest are Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts and Viva Pinata: Trouble In Paradise from 2008. For more, see Polygon's preview from E3 2015.
That article is still a little out of date. 50 more achievements have since been added, bring the total to 200.

The collection itself, dismissing all the 360 achievements which you may or may not have already unlocked, offers 4000G of brand new gamerscore.
Great collection it's gonna be fun to play all these titles again. Seriously though I'd love to see Nintendo ditch their console and put stuff like this out on the other 2 consoles, amazballs, I know this won't ever happen but oh to dream.
That article is still a little out of date. 50 more achievements have since been added, bring the total to 200.

The collection itself, dismissing all the 360 achievements which you may or may not have already unlocked, offers 4000G of brand new gamerscore.
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin

So they saying you have to play the original games on the 360 to get that score for those particular games and then that score will be transferred over but not stacked. So this is basically a ruse. "Hey buy this game for 10,000s but only if you have ever played the original games" I don't understand how they think you can get 10,000 true gamer score from it then? There reasoning eludes me? Why not just say you'll get 2000 gamer score and it also tracks your 360 game play.
So they saying you have to play the original games on the 360 to get that score for those particular games and then that score will be transferred over but not stacked. So this is basically a ruse. "Hey buy this game for 10,000s but only if you have ever played the original games" I don't understand how they think you can get 10,000 true gamer score from it then? There reasoning eludes me? Why not just say you'll get 2000 gamer score and it also tracks your 360 game play.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Who can fully understand the thought processes that goes on in the minds of marketing executives??
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
No, it is saying "If you played these already, well, you have those achievements, but, if you never played any of those games, then buy this one collection, and you now own them all, full versions, with full achievements available."

So, if you buy the Rare Replay, and you never played Viva Pinata, and you started playing it on the X1 Collection, every single achievement is available to you to be earned. If you had played it on the 360, and earned 250 gamerscore, then picked it up later on the X1 collection, you would still have 750 gamerscore left available.

But no, you do not have to play it on the 360, you do not need to have played it in the past, and it the X1 is the first game console you have ever owned, then yes, buy this game and you have a full 10,000 gamerscore available.
No, it is saying "If you played these already, well, you have those achievements, but, if you never played any of those games, then buy this one collection, and you now own them all, full versions, with full achievements available."

So, if you buy the Rare Replay, and you never played Viva Pinata, and you started playing it on the X1 Collection, every single achievement is available to you to be earned. If you had played it on the 360, and earned 250 gamerscore, then picked it up later on the X1 collection, you would still have 750 gamerscore left available.

But no, you do not have to play it on the 360, you do not need to have played it in the past, and it the X1 is the first game console you have ever owned, then yes, buy this game and you have a full 10,000 gamerscore available.
Originally Posted by futiles
This is what I got out of it. If you played the games already on 360 you basically get a headstart but if you haven't played them then you have to earn it. It is still 10,000 Gs either way

Originally Posted by futiles
You made this perfectly clear now! Thank you, for some reason I just couldn't wrap my head around this.. but the way you explained it makes perfect sense.
Does this mean Backwards Compatibility is turned on for non-preview people?
Does this mean Backwards Compatibility is turned on for non-preview people?
Originally Posted by Fshguy
only for the RR titles, not any others

sources: my own curiosity.
only for the RR titles, not any others

sources: my own curiosity.
Originally Posted by Jo3y Ban3s
Yeah, and in fact, if you've already got some of them downloaded via the Preview Program, you still need to download a separate version for use with Rare Replay.
Yeah, and in fact, if you've already got some of them downloaded via the Preview Program, you still need to download a separate version for use with Rare Replay.
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin
Mhmm but thankfully the Rare Replay banner on them help make process easy vs guessing which one Smile . I'm still enjoying it , ah memories
I'm hoping MS has a good plan for helping organize our games.

I calculated I have about 3300 points from the existing 360 games thanks to Viva Pinata.
I'm hoping MS has a good plan for helping organize our games.

I calculated I have about 3300 points from the existing 360 games thanks to Viva Pinata.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
MS and plan? are we in the same realm? win 10 was a plan welllllllllll :P

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account