DIV Lock in the top grey title bar of site.

Feature Requests

Found 19 posts - Go to Last Post

Completed
Honestly, either just the top grey, or the grey title bar and the green menu bar. It would be nice to not have to scroll the remaining way to the bottom of the page to click top to fast jump to the top to click "New Posts" or "Messages" or whatever. And that is the better option than scroll to the top to do it. It isn't that much screen real estate, so, I don't think the locked in title bar, with quick links and search, would cause much complaining, and would be well received.
Status changed to 'Planned'
Originally Posted by GTN Eric
And, thank you.
Honestly, either just the top grey, or the grey title bar and the green menu bar. It would be nice to not have to scroll the remaining way to the bottom of the page to click top to fast jump to the top to click "New Posts" or "Messages" or whatever. And that is the better option than scroll to the top to do it. It isn't that much screen real estate, so, I don't think the locked in title bar, with quick links and search, would cause much complaining, and would be well received.
Originally Posted by futiles
Especially for the mobile version. I know I can look at the desktop version on my phone, but I don't, and scrolling through long posts to get back to the top is annoying.
Status changed from 'Planned' to 'Completed'
Much better. Now I will never need that "^ Top" button at the bottom again!
Please let me know if you guys come across any issues or quirks with the site as a result of this latest update.
Please let me know if you guys come across any issues or quirks with the site as a result of this latest update.
If I use one of the 'Go to first new post' arrow links from the new posts search results, that first post starts displaying behind the top bar, so I have to scroll up again to read it.

EDIT: Similar issue when I post. When the anchor kicks in to take me to what I posted, my post actually starts behind the navigation bar.
If I use one of the 'Go to first new post' arrow links from the new posts search results, that first post starts displaying behind the top bar, so I have to scroll up again to read it.

EDIT: Similar issue when I post. When the anchor kicks in to take me to what I posted, my post actually starts behind the navigation bar.
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin
Thanks, I'll need to work on adjusting the scrolling position for anchored links like that. This happens with Help Center links too.
Such a great new feature!
Originally Posted by SpectreSubZero
Honestly, this is something I had been meaning to suggest for a while. I am enjoying it so much, I wish I had said it when I first thought of it.
I've noticed when I get a system message (e.g. no new posts, logging out) that there's a half-inch wide gray bar between the navigation bar and the system message. If a picture is needed, I'll try to get one.

EDIT: Never mind, I see it's been fixed already.
Last edited 03-24-2016 at 07:49 PM by Dvader83.
If you use desktop mode on phone and zoom in the bar disappears on right hand side and doesn't show if you slide over.
If you use desktop mode on phone and zoom in the bar disappears on right hand side and doesn't show if you slide over.
Originally Posted by dieselv2
Seems okay on Chrome Android, what browser are you using? And are you using Android or iPhone?
Thanks, I'll need to work on adjusting the scrolling position for anchored links like that. This happens with Help Center links too.
This has been fixed now. Smile

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account