Xbox One Games with Gold are live

Deals & Discounts

Found 11 posts - Go to Last Post

You can currently "purchase" and download BOTH Spartan Assault and Max on you Xbox One for FREE.

Please remember all the fine print here: http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/xbox-de...g-more-choices

You must download the game during the month of June, otherwise, it won't be free anymore for you.
As usual Microsoft gives away two games I already own.
So if you purchase the Xbox One games on Xbox.com, you still have to download it during the month of June to get it for free? That's a change- it has been possible to download content you have previously purchased at a later time.

I was psyched to be able to get games for free but I don't have an Xbox One yet...
I tryed to D/L them yesterday but kept getting kicked back to the dash and it kept telling me to "get it now" so I went to Xbox.com and was going to que it at least.. I was thinking it was just a lot of people cramming the servers.. so on Xbox.com it says I already purchased them that day.. meaning got them in que.. so hopefully when I log back on my ONE they will begin installing..
Yes that is one of the changes they made with the One. The 360 versions are still the way they used to be, simply confirming the purchase on the site for 360 games will count, and you will continue to own those forever. With the One, you have to download them during the month for it to register your license, and then as long as you maintain Gold after that, you can re-download free of charge at any time.
you can re-download free of charge at any time.
Originally Posted by palmettobling
Can you confirm that?
I cannot find documentation on it, so you are right, I am not 100% but I believe this was discussed on the Major Nelson podcast at one point. Anyone want to wait a month and be our guinea pig? I would, but I had already purchased both games that are Xbox One Games With Gold.
I cannot find documentation on it, so you are right, I am not 100% but I believe this was discussed on the Major Nelson podcast at one point. Anyone want to wait a month and be our guinea pig? I would, but I had already purchased both games that are Xbox One Games With Gold.
Originally Posted by palmettobling
I plan on testing it. I have 3 Xbox Ones, multiple gold accounts, and an External HDD.

I have downloaded to HDD, so, I can remove the drive and see if I can redownload after the month ends.
Max is available for 360 as well. I saw it yesterday when I downloaded Dark Souls Smile
Max is available for 360 as well. I saw it yesterday when I downloaded Dark Souls Smile
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
First off, Let me say I accidentally reported your post Porsh...ugh..sorry.. but that said I want to say what I was going to say and here it is..

Hope this isn't a case of Opps we accidentally listed it for free and then you D/L it for free and then MS catches you 6 months down the line and charges you...

EDIT****. Ok took care of the accidental report so it won't show.

Now on to the game issue, started at Xbox.com but the site for the 360 version was moved so I couldn't see it properly, went to my Xbox 360 and found it was a trial version, so bottom line, if you got it free yesterday, you either got lucky, or your gonna get back charged when they catch up to you...not saying you did anything wrong, its just what happens. If you have a cc or any money points/cards on your profile don't be surprised when they charge you for this in 6 months or so. I know a few people that thus happened to back when other games mysteriously were free before MS found out and fixed the problem.
Last edited 06-06-2014 at 03:05 AM by B8TINGU.
Oh I never actually downloaded it, so I should be safe and fine. It's okay REPly and REPort are halfway similar words. Jerk. Smile lol

Seriously though, thanks for the concern/heads up for future interactions with Disney, er, MS. I get all those evil corporations mixed up.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account